• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Herschel Walker just wrote Donald Trump's political obituary

iu

An opinion piece published on FOX News by longtime conservative contributor Liz Peek.

From erstwhile kingmaker, Trump has now become the kiss of death for aspiring GOP candidates.
Good luck with that,

When Joe Biden proposes a $40 trillion program a'la Bernie Sanders, then you'll have a point. Wanting to better take care of seniors is hardly a far-left position.

Sanders (said to Bloomberg): "You shouldn't be allowed to exist."

^^^ that's far left. Biden supports business.

Again you create straw men, rather than address what I actually posted - which was that Biden completely changed his position on Social Security. BTW, I never claimed that Biden was “far-left”, but he did boast about Social Security benefits increasing (due to inflation).

They are ****ing stupid if they think that.

I'm no liberal and I'm no progressive, but I know enough about them to know that those people think he isn't liberal or progressive enough.
Exactly. Biden’s history as a moderate was a significant factor in his being chosen as the Dem nominee in ‘20.

Had Sanders, the real far left candidate, gotten the nom, there would’ve a much greater chance for Traitor Trump to win reelection.

Make of it what you will, but Trump still has 74% approval from Republicans. Considering the rate at which he continues to cost Republicans elections, this has the very real likelihood of him blowing up the 2024 election for the GOP. Or winning the Presidency a second time.

What idiot approves of Trump in any way shape or form? He is the worst example of humanity.

iu

An opinion piece published on FOX News by longtime conservative contributor Liz Peek.

From erstwhile kingmaker, Trump has now become the kiss of death for aspiring GOP candidates.
I wonder how con-fused Walker will be with no one taking his phone calls now.

Donald Trump is not going anywhere until the majority of the Republican base say otherwise…
The republican base alone cannot win elections. They can win primaries but need independents and moderates to win national elections. At the rate MAGAs are progressing, the indies are heading left.

Again you create straw men, rather than address what I actually posted - which was that Biden completely changed his position on Social Security. BTW, I never claimed that Biden was “far-left”, but he did boast about Social Security benefits increasing (due to inflation).

Lol. That's what I'm talking about: far-left.

Strawman? You're funny.

Even though the OP is a Fox opinion piece nothing will change substantially as it relates to Trump'a popularity with the base until the prime time line up turns on him.

Lol. That's what I'm talking about: far-left.

Strawman? You're funny.

Again, you ignore what I actually posted. Cite my post saying that Biden was “far-left”.

Crickets…

Again, you ignore what I actually posted. Cite my post saying that Biden was “far-left”.

Crickets…
Slow down. You replied to me. You are the one who built a strawman.

I was commenting on Fox's characterization of Joe Biden as far-left. That's what I'm talking about.

Are your crickets hungry? Feed them.

Slow down. You replied to me. You are the one who built a strawman.

I was commenting on Fox's characterization of Joe Biden as far-left. That's what I'm talking about.

Are your crickets hungry? Feed them.

I replied to what you said in post #14 which was:

Joe Biden is the most far-left progressive racist I know. He voted for the crime bill: Far-left. He opposed forced busing: Far-left.

After that you tried unsuccessfully and repeatedly to assert that I considered Biden to be “far-left”, which I never did. All I have done is supply examples of Biden’s ‘evolved’ positions which I asserted had been moving to the left (aka leftward).

I replied to what you said in post #14 which was:

After that you tried unsuccessfully and repeatedly to assert that I considered Biden to be “far-left”, which I never did. All I have done is supply examples of Biden’s ‘evolved’ positions which I asserted had been moving to the left (aka leftward).
Part of the problem is outlets like Fox characterizing Joe Biden as far-left. That only works on the choir.

That's my post. Don't know what to tell you. Read upstream a bit before replying?

This is what happens to a man who believes he is above the law and can do whatever pleases him regardless of the consequences.

Two weeks after Donald Trump dined at Mar-a-Lago with white nationalist Nick Fuentes and the antisemite rapper, Kanye West, he had a really bad week.

CNN reports, "His family business was convicted Tuesday of criminal tax fraud. On the same day, his hand-picked candidate lost a winnable Senate race in a red state. The House January 6 committee has decided to make criminal referrals to the Justice Department – possibly of him or his close associates. And his call to terminate the Constitution has once again backed Republicans into a corner.

"No Republican presidential candidate had lost Georgia since 1992. But with Trump up for reelection, Democrats won the presidency in 2020 and both of the state’s Senate seats in 2021 runoffs. Then, this year, they won a Senate seat again, defeating a candidate pushed into the race by Trump.

"So many premature political obituaries have been written for Trump that it would be foolish to write him off as he embarks on his third consecutive White House bid."

How to understand Trump? That is easy. He is a sociopath who simply doesn't care, and he could not care less for the Republican Party. He blames the GOP for his reelection loss. In his mind, the loss certainly was not his fault.

The only thing he cares about is being the center of attention, the more notoriety, the better.

He doesn't want to be President again.

Too many rules. Trump detests rules.

Democratic Senator Warnock's victory in Georgia has far-reaching implications, beginning with how Republicans feel about the loss.

CNN reports, "GOP senators were noticeably upset about their 2022 problems in the aftermath of their loss in the Georgia Senate runoff, calling for better candidates and contending that former President Donald Trump caused a problem on the trail.

"Here's how some Republicans are reacting after last night.

"Senate GOP Whip John Thune said Trump’s presence on the campaign trail created a contrast when they party wanted to keep the race focused on President Joe Biden and his policies.

“It all starts with quality candidates – there's no substitute for that," Thune said.

"Asked if Trump was a problem for their party, Thune indicated he was," CNN.

"The Dems were in many cases able to turn it into a choice election because of Trump’s presence out there — so was he a factor? I don't think there's any question about that,” he said.

"Thune added that candidates shouldn’t have campaigned on the bogus notion the election was stolen.

“A lot of the candidates who had problems in these elections were running on the 2020 election being stolen, and I don't think independent voters were having it,” he said.

"Sen. Lindsey Graham told CNN that Trump has to prove he can win if he’s to clinch the nomination for 2024."

Note: That is a tall order. Counting the elections in Georgia, the latest involving his hand-picked candidate, Walker, Trump has lost the last five elections.

"He's still very popular in the party. People appreciate his presidency. They appreciate his fighting spirit," Graham said.

I am not at all sure which planet Graham thinks he is on. Maybe he is getting too old for this job.

The republican base alone cannot win elections. They can win primaries but need independents and moderates to win national elections. At the rate MAGAs are progressing, the indies are heading left.

Agreed.

iu

I think you’re right.

Anti-Trump Republicans Grow Louder: 'He's Less Relevant All the Time

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-trump-republicans-grow-louder-125045756.html

Then there’s this.

Poll: DeSantis surges to 5-point lead over weakened Trump in 2024 primary matchup

and. LOL...

Newt Gingrich announced, "I'm leaving Georgia because it is now a Democrat state."

What idiot approves of Trump in any way shape or form? He is the worst example of humanity.
74% of the Republican party apparently. Guess they are all idiots to you.

They'd gleefully vote for a shit sandwich as long as it has the correct letter next to it. That whole "baneful effect of the spirit of Party" thing started out a solemn warning, but now it's a lifestyle. And they're proud of themselves for it.

Back
Top Bottom