• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Herschel Walker Insults Country People

jpn

Retired Navy Commander
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Herschel Walker, who at least is intelligent enough to know how stupid he is, is desperately trying to lower expectations of his debate with Senator Raphael Warnock on October 14:

Walker said last week about the debate:​
“I’m this country boy, you know. I’m not that smart. And he’s a preacher. He’s a smart man, wears these nice suits. So he is going to show up and embarrass me at the debate Oct. 14, and I’m just waiting to show up and I’m going to do my best.”​
So he's saying that not being smart has to do with being raised in the country? Wow! Wait until all the folks in rural parts of Georgia hear that! How insulting!

Who else are/were "country boys"?

Bill Clinton was from a small Arkansas town, Hope, which had a population of about 9,000 in 2020.
Jimmy Carter’s hometown is Plains, Ga., with a 2020 population of about 760.
Ronald Reagan was born in Tampico, Ill., with a 2020 population of about 770.

Walker for years claimed to have graduated from the University of Georgia in the top 1 percent of his class, although he didn’t graduate from the school at all.

Lowering expectations is working. The "liberal media" is playing right along:

As Georgia Public Broadcasting wrote last week: “Simply appearing on the debate stage is more than what many politics watchers expected of Walker, and even a tepid debate performance could assuage some fears about his campaign and could reiterate his message and celebrity status just two days before in-person early voting begins.”​
As Charles Blow writes, "The point is that Warnock is a serious, competent candidate, and Walker is clearly a tool of his party. Walker is Georgia Republicans’ attempt to undermine the image of Black competence, by making a mockery of Black people, by replacing a thinker with a toady."

Hari Seldon

Stable Genius
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Herschel Walker, who at least is intelligent enough to know how stupid he is, is desperately trying to lower expectations of his debate with Senator Raphael Warnock on October 14:

“I’m this country boy, you know. I’m not that smart. And he’s a preacher. He’s a smart man, wears these nice suits. So he is going to show up and embarrass me at the debate Oct. 14, and I’m just waiting to show up and I’m going to do my best.”​
So he's saying that not being smart has to do with being raised in the country? Wow! Wait until all the folks in rural parts of Georgia hear that! How insulting!

Bill Clinton was from a small Arkansas town, Hope, which had a population of about 9,000 in 2020.

Walker for years claimed to have graduated from the University of Georgia in the top 1 percent of his class, although he didn’t graduate from the school at all.

As Georgia Public Broadcasting wrote last week: “Simply appearing on the debate stage is more than what many politics watchers expected of Walker, and even a tepid debate performance could assuage some fears about his campaign and could reiterate his message and celebrity status just two days before in-person early voting begins.”​
As Charles Blow writes, "The point is that Warnock is a serious, competent candidate, and Walker is clearly a tool of his party. Walker is Georgia Republicans’ attempt to undermine the image of Black competence, by making a mockery of Black people, by replacing a thinker with a toady."
In Ohio the repukes won't even debate. How long before Brett Favre runs as a persecuted trumpian.

Ginger Ale

Where did my rights go?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
He's learned he could be up there sucking a binky and the MAGAs will still vote for him because the orange savior said so.

SNOWFLAKE

Crazy Canuck
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Damn, I have to give Herschel Walker some credit for being HALF right.

Indeed, Republican country boys are as dumb as they come.

laugh_40x40.gif

Loulit01

Muse Wanted: Apply Naked
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Chillin' on the grassy knoll waiting for JFK Jr.
Political Leaning
Other

Herschel Walker Says He’s ‘Not That Smart.’ I Believe Him.​

“I’m this country boy, you know. I’m not that smart. And he’s a preacher. He’s a smart man, wears these nice suits. So he is going to show up and embarrass me at the debate Oct. 14, and I’m just waiting to show up and I’m going to do my best.”

Mr. Walker, I’m also a country boy. In fact, there were about 2,000 people in your hometown, Wrightsville, Ga., when you were born in 1962. My hometown, Gibsland, La., had about 1,400 people when I was born in 1970.
What does this mean as it relates to wisdom and intellect? Absolutely nothing.

Mr. Walker, I believe you when you say that you’re not smart. But intelligence has nothing to do with the size of your hometown or the quality of your suit. You are the personification of a game being played by Georgia Republicans: a wager that any Black Republican — in your case, an empty intellectual vessel — can beat the Black Democrat, a man who is thoroughly qualified and utterly decent.

Walker is Georgia Republicans’ attempt to undermine the image of Black competence, by making a mockery of Black people, by replacing a thinker with a toady.

When the tell you who they are, believe them.

fmw

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
He

He said he is a country boy and not smart. He didn't say any other country boy was not smart. The nearest town to me has a population of around 700. I am a country boy and very smart according the the Stanford-Benet IQ test. I think he will go nowhere denigrating himself. He should talk about what he wants to do if he wins office and stop apologizing for who he is.

Loulit01

Muse Wanted: Apply Naked
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Chillin' on the grassy knoll waiting for JFK Jr.
Political Leaning
Other
He

He said he is a country boy and not smart. He didn't say any other country boy was not smart. The nearest town to me has a population of around 700. I am a country boy and very smart according the the Stanford-Benet IQ test. I think he will go nowhere denigrating himself. He should talk about what he wants to do if he wins office and stop apologizing for who he is.
Denigrating himself is part of lowering expectations for the debate — a tried and true tactic. He should start talking about what he would do if he wins office? LOL, what makes you think he knows?

Top Bottom