• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Herschel Walker Claims to Own Companies That Don’t Exist

Oh look, another right-whinger IKYABWAI.
Begs the question- do those kinds of candidates attract those kinds of voters or do those voters attract those candidates?
i think the republican base attracts MASSIVE liars.

hell, i think need they massive lying like a druggie needs drugs.

I recently made a thread about the important in right-wing propaganda of volume over truth. That their hearing something a lot matters, not whether it's true.

This is related. Use their 'media bubble' to put a face in front of them as a Republican, and it's basically done - they can just say whatever that 'pleases' the audience, truth not required, just make it attacking Democrats. The only time I remember someone being 'so bad' it was an issue it was Roy Moore with his child sex thing IIRC, and even then he got most of their votes.

No wonder Trump likes / supports Herschel Walker.

I recently made a thread about the important in right-wing propaganda of volume over truth. That their hearing something a lot matters, not whether it's true.

This is related. Use their 'media bubble' to put a face in front of them as a Republican, and it's basically done - they can just say whatever that 'pleases' the audience, truth not required, just make it attacking Democrats. The only time I remember someone being 'so bad' it was an issue it was Roy Moore with his child sex thing IIRC, and even then he got most of their votes.
the very first time i ever heard Rush Limbaugh i laughed it off and thought it was a novelty. when his ratings started up and then soared i knew we were screwed.

it was just constant lying sold as truth. all Fox did was use the same blueprint.

I remember saying that Trump lies like a child lies- easily, often and with no regard for how simple the lie is to refute. Three times he claimed his father was born in Germany, when he was actually born in the Bronx.

I remember saying that Trump lies like a child lies- easily, often and with no regard for how simple the lie is to refute. Three times he claimed his father was born in Germany, when he was actually born in the Bronx.
one of the things i remember is when one of the generals in the White House meetings said that trump just never shuts up. just constantly talks so no one can refute his lies.

i have a cousin EXACTLY like that. but his papa didn't leave him millions so he's just a guy that nobody trusts.

the very first time i ever heard Rush Limbaugh i laughed it off and thought it was a novelty. when his ratings started up and then soared i knew we were screwed.

it was just constant lying sold as truth. all Fox did was use the same blueprint.
But it's not like either of them invented it.

It goes way back before them. It's just well-established as effective; Putin is doing it right now, as is China. The shocking thing, I think, and suspect you might agree, is how we thought Americans were more immune to it. It was just those poor foreign fools who fell for it. We have free speech and freedom and liars can't get away with it in the US. Right? And to be fair, Americans are MORE to blame because they aren't under censorship like the others.

But it's not like either of them invented it.

It goes way back before them. It's just well-established as effective; Putin is doing it right now, as is China. The shocking thing, I think, and suspect you might agree, is how we thought Americans were more immune to it. It was just those poor foreign fools who fell for it. We have free speech and freedom and liars can't get away with it in the US. Right? And to be fair, Americans are MORE to blame because they aren't under censorship like the others.
i agree that lying and propaganda wasn't invented by Limbaugh. it was just the unique way his did it (on the radio every day which is a massive advantage) for that specific audience.

and he really just did it for money (to never have to move back into his parent's house). hell, i think the country didn't even know it was screwed way before Limbaugh became famous. it was when he followed Morton Downey Jr after Downey left in 1984 that the madness began with little notice.

So, he lied about his education, he lies about this, he skips out on debates and he is generally incoherent on issues, yet he makes inane jinogistic bumper sticker quips.

Yeah, he is a conservative.

Former NFL star Herschel Walker has made millions in business ventures since he retired in 1997, and he claims to be worth more than $29 million today.
But despite that success, the Republican Senate hopeful and longtime friend of Donald Trump has, for whatever reason, chosen to dramatically inflate his business record, according to a Daily Beast investigation. In doing so, Walker has established a parallel record of demonstrably false claims, many of which appear to bear no resemblance to reality whatsoever.
Those claims include running the largest minority-owned food company in the United States; owning multiple chicken plants in another state; and starting and owning an upholstery business which was also, apparently, at one point in his telling, the country’s largest minority-owned apparel company.
While the chasm between Walker’s vision and reality often appears staggering—and applies not just to business but to multiple dimensions of his personal life as well—he might be playing fast and loose with the concept of “ownership.” But it’s unclear whether he transposed this fanciful structure onto his candidate financial disclosure, which claims a net worth of between $29 million and $65 million, and which, according to a Georgia Public Broadcasting report, merits further scrutiny.
A black man who spews republican nonsense. He'll get lots of their votes. They need him so they can say " see? we aren't racist, we have a black friend".

Is that all you had to offer?

Such a pathetic attempt.
Pathetic was your opening sentence of your first post in which you make him sound like China Joe the pedo. Now we all know that you didn’t mean to make such a comparison but the comparisons are there.
So if one rips Walker for his quirks why not China Joe the pedo?

Oh look, another right-whinger IKYABWAI.
Begs the question- do those kinds of candidates attract those kinds of voters or do those voters attract those candidates?
Centrist please. Centrist. Right-whinger sounds so…so….leftist.
China Joe the pedo who appears to be much less intelligent than Mr. Walker supposedly attracted 81 Million of those kind of voters

Hasn't Trump endorsed this @$$ ?

That's what gets him into the 40%s.

Trump has always enjoyed forcing to people to do stuff. He REALLY enjoys getting people to do stupid stuff. It shows the depth of their fealty to him. Surely, he finds getting people to degrade themselves by supporting Walker to be an utter delight.

If Walker pulls this off, I won't feel quite as embarrassed over Tuberville...

Centrist please. Centrist. Right-whinger sounds so…so….leftist.
China Joe the pedo who appears to be much less intelligent than Mr. Walker supposedly attracted 81 Million of those kind of voters
Don't kid yourself. Very few of those 81 million voted for Biden. Nearly every one voted against Donald "I Don't Take Any Responsibility At All" Trump.
I remember thinking that the Democrats had screwed up so badly that Trump was elected President. Well, the day he was inaugurated the GOP controlled the House, the Senate and the White House. In one term they lost it all and Joe Biden, 77 years old, is President. If you could quantify it that must be about the worst loser record in political history. And there's a rumour that the Republican Party might ride that horse again. They must secretly want President Harris.

Don't kid yourself. Very few of those 81 million voted for Biden. Nearly every one voted against Donald "I Don't Take Any Responsibility At All" Trump.
I remember thinking that the Democrats had screwed up so badly that Trump was elected President. Well, the day he was inaugurated the GOP controlled the House, the Senate and the White House. In one term they lost it all and Joe Biden, 77 years old, is President. If you could quantify it that must be about the worst loser record in political history. And there's a rumour that the Republican Party might ride that horse again. They must secretly want President Harris.
As the centrist that I am, I’d have a hard time voting for Trump. More so cause of his toxic persona then anything else.
speaking of controlling all govco how bad do you think China Joe and the left will get it in Nov? Even cnn and cnbc are discussing how much he and Kommie have lost America.

As the centrist that I am, I’d have a hard time voting for Trump. More so cause of his toxic persona then anything else.
speaking of controlling all govco how bad do you think China Joe and the left will get it in Nov? Even cnn and cnbc are discussing how much he and Kommie have lost America.
I don't care about Biden. He's been bestowed a 'body-of-work' award with the sure-thing victory over Trump. But I'll say this, if Trump gets the GOP nomination in 2024, after Trump-Clinton and Trump-Biden, it'll be proof that your system is broken. Badly broken.
In two years the US and much of the world will be riding an economic boom that the Democrats, right or wrong, will get credit for. Might happen before November, actually, and defy the first-term mid-terms jinx. And if Putin goes down, well, kiss the GOP goodbye. They'll be years trying to come back.
And none of this has anything to do with whatever the US President does or doesn't do. It's all perception manipulation and voters sit with hands open on their laps, asking to be manipulated.

Walker and Dr Oz.....all the best people

I don't care about Biden. He's been bestowed a 'body-of-work' award with the sure-thing victory over Trump. But I'll say this, if Trump gets the GOP nomination in 2024, after Trump-Clinton and Trump-Biden, it'll be proof that your system is broken. Badly broken.
In two years the US and much of the world will be riding an economic boom that the Democrats, right or wrong, will get credit for. Might happen before November, actually, and defy the first-term mid-terms jinx. And if Putin goes down, well, kiss the GOP goodbye. They'll be years trying to come back.
And none of this has anything to do with whatever the US President does or doesn't do. It's all perception manipulation and voters sit with hands open on their laps, asking to be manipulated.
More issues than the economy that China Joe has F‘ed up! BTW, are you a Trudeau supporter ?

More issues than the economy that China Joe has F‘ed up! BTW, are you a Trudeau supporter ?
The economy hasn't been ****ed up and the US President can't do much to **** it up anyway. Despite what rabid partisans say.
I've been liberal all my life and vote for the Liberal Party candidate if I vote but if I don't like the leader or the election platform of the Liberal Party I don't vote. I have nobody to vote for until Trudeau is replaced.

Back
Top Bottom