• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here's your racism... and it isn't from the right.

Seriously?

well I guess you all have the comedians and we have the war heroes

This is really low. It's a a slap in the face to all the liberal soldiers that died in war. Even if you were joking it's in extremely poor taste.

Seriously?

well I guess you all have the comedians and we have the war heroes

Thats not what I meant, I edited my post, I just don't know any conservative comedians.

Also your comment about war heroes, is rather rude.

This is really low. It's a a slap in the face to all the liberal soldiers that died in war. Even if you were joking it's in extremely poor taste.

a bit touchy you are and the vast majority of war heroes are hardly leftwingers. I suppose there are some though but given the idiocy of the post I was replying to its valid. My nephew did two tours in the rangers as a captain, he's now back there in the SF and he said he had yet to meet anyone who could be considered a liberal in his sphere of contact there.

Thats not what I meant, I edited my post, I just don't know any conservative comedians.

Also your comment about war heroes, is rather rude.

cry me a river. but you make a point-anyone serving is a hero to some extent

I consider Maher a political pundit, not just a comedian. If he was just a comedian, he wouldn't vomit his political beliefs constantly.

He's a political comedian, it's part of his act. Also having opinions doesn't make one a pundit.

The whole point of the OP, which some here seem to be tyring persistently to overlook or ignore, is not about Maher's racism, his "comedy," or is character in general. It is about an obvious double standard. I don't even care about labels like "comedian," "journalist," or "pundit," which can be taken up or thrown off like a jacket these days--they're meaningless for the most part--what matters is the double standard that exists with regard to what people supposedly should or shouldn't say and the blantantly lop-sided media hype.

Last edited:
A pundit is an expert in a field that gives their opinions to the public.

Bill Maher knows what he's talking about and he gives his political opinion anytime someone gives him a mic. He's beyond "just a comedian".

The whole point of the OP, which some here seem to be tyring persistently to overlook or ignore, is not about Maher's racism, his "comedy," or is character in general. It is about an obvious double standard. I don't even care about labels like "comedian," "journalist," or "pundit," which can be taken up or thrown off like a jacket these days--they're meaningless for the most part--what matters is the double standard that exists with regard to what people supposedly should or shouldn't say and the blantantly lop-sided media hype.

Being the author of this op, I thank you.

Bill Maher knows what he's talking about and he gives his political opinion anytime someone gives him a mic. He's beyond "just a comedian".

Getting you to say that Bill Maher knows what he is talking is quite a feat if I do say so myself :mrgreen:

Lets say Maher is a pundit, and look at the context in which this comment was said. It was said during his opening monologue, which is nothing more than a shorter version of his stand-up act. His comment was a joke, nothing more.

Last edited:
Lets say Maher is a pundit, and look at the context in which this comment was said. It was said during his opening monologue, which is nothing more than a shorter version of his stand-up act. His comment was a joke, nothing more.

So why don't we actually discuss the double standard instead of Maher? I don't care about anything he says or that he was trying to be funny -- that is totally irrelevent. As has already been stated many times in this thread, if a conservative would have made that same statement, even if he was just making a ****ty joke, he'd be skewered by the media.

for example:
Would you make the same defense for George Allen's "macaca" joke? I can tell you that the media, and liberals in general, certainly did not.

So why don't we actually discuss the double standard instead of Maher? I don't care about anything he says or that he was trying to be funny -- that is totally irrelevent. As has already been stated many times in this thread, if a conservative would have made that same statement, even if he was just making a ****ty joke, he'd be skewered by the media.

for example:
Would you make the same defense for George Allen's "macaca" joke? I can tell you that the media, and liberals in general, certainly did not.

I never did get that... he called a guy Macaca, big deal.

for example:

Would Ann Coulter (friend of Mahers for some odd reson) have gotten away with the same thing while on Fox? She's a comedian of sorts.
My guess is Fox would get ripped apart in the media. The message boards would be buzzing for weeks about it.

"Of course Obama's stealing from our children. He's a black guy; stealing is what they do" :lol: :D

:waits for laughter:

what, i thought if it was a joke then it wasn't racist??? :confused:

white-slavery.jpg

That's just hilarious.. .. ../sarcasm.

Last edited:
:shrug: want me to reach a couple of years back and bring on some posters from the anti-war movement?

uhm its REALLY obvious some of you didnt watch the video because if the statement is "racist" it would be racist against WHITE people since he proceeded to say that its the WHITE in him that is holding him back, implying if he was fully black he'd be doing a better job

LMAO wow just wow @ some of the knee jerkers

uhm its REALLY obvious some of you didnt watch the video because if the statement is "racist" it would be racist against WHITE people since he proceeded to say that its the WHITE in him that is holding him back, implying if he was fully black he'd be doing a better job

LMAO wow just wow @ some of the knee jerkers

Ummm...thats the POINT. I dont think it was 'racist'...I think it was chicken ****. If Bill Mahr really wants to be pithy lets see him say "the reason why he is a ****ty president that does everything half-assed is because he is half black." The 'half white' zinger is pretty safe.

I consider Maher a political pundit, not just a comedian. If he was just a comedian, he wouldn't vomit his political beliefs constantly.

Yet we hear about how Beck and Limbaugh are entertainers just trying to be funny. :roll:

Well yeah, it has to have a ring of truth to be funny. He's a successful comedian.

Obama Would Be A Better President If He Was "Fully Black"... Says Bill Maher.

[video]http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=hdkU8zqGuz[/video]

BFD, you don't get it, Maher was mocking those people who call Barack Obama either "half-black" or "half-white." I've seen this happen. My guess is that a black person would know exactly what he is saying.

Obama Would Be A Better President If He Was "Fully Black"... Says Bill Maher.

[video]http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=hdkU8zqGuz[/video]

Hmmm Bill Maher... speaking of comics, why hasn't a good comedian impersonator become famous making fun of Obama. Just about every other president and well known politician has had a comic step up and become a celeb at the presidents expense. I know there are a few out there but no one stands out... and nobody has really gone after him like they did with Bush, Clinton, Nixon, Carter...etc

-- Will Ferrell as George Bush

-- Tim Watters as Bill Clinton

-- Dan Aykroyd as Jimmy Carter

-- Dana Carvey as George H. W. Bush

-- Chevy Chase as Gerald Ford

-- Jim Carrey as Ronald Reagan

-- ??????? as Barak Obama

Is Obama off limits.

Hmmm Bill Maher... speaking of comics, why hasn't a good comedian impersonator become famous making fun of Obama. Just about every other president and well known politician has had a comic step up and become a celeb at the presidents expense. I know there are a few out there but no one stands out... and nobody has really gone after him like they did with Bush, Clinton, Nixon, Carter...etc

-- Will Ferrell as George Bush

-- Tim Watters as Bill Clinton

-- Dan Aykroyd as Jimmy Carter

-- Dana Carvey as George H. W. Bush

-- Chevy Chase as Gerald Ford

-- Jim Carrey as Ronald Reagan

-- ??????? as Barak Obama

Is Obama off limits.

They have tried on SNL and whatnot.

Back
Top Bottom