• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here's Why You Shouldn't Run From The Police

donhughesmusic

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Even while wearing a helmet he didn't make it.

Running from, resisting arrest, fighting with, assaulting cops never end well.

Give up immediately and you will get your day in court.

There are so many qualifiers I want to offer but I just don't have the time.

There are so many qualifiers I want to offer but I just don't have the time.

Nothing to qualify - obey the police. You will get a hearing before a judge where you can tell your story.

Even while wearing a helmet he didn't make it.

Helmets do nothing in wrecks like this. We had an airman wreck going in excess of 120 and all that was left was piece/parts and a pile of bloody rags.

Nothing to qualify - obey the police. You will get a hearing before a judge where you can tell your story.
Bullshit.

There are examples where people did just that and still got killed by the police.

Or examples where people did just that and were convinced to plead guilty even though they weren't.

Or examples where people did just that and were coerced/convinced into confessing to something they didn't do.

Or...

Like I said, I don't want to spend the time on it.

Bullshit.

There are examples where people did just that and still got killed by the police.

Or examples where people did just that and were convinced to plead guilty even though they weren't.

Or examples where people did just that and were coerced/convinced into confessing to something they didn't do.

Or...

Like I said, I don't want to spend the time on it.

Surrender and live. Live to tell the judge your story.

Stop resisting, running, reaching for droopy drawers.

Surrender and live. Live to tell the judge your story.

Stop resisting, running, reaching for droopy drawers.
It's not that simple.

It never has been.

The guy in the video? ...would have driven his bike home with a speeding ticket in his pocket, alive.

Unless he had outstanding warrants. But even then, he would have seen a judge and told his story.

Your responses nauseate me.

The bike crash is nauseating. also unnecessary.

The guy dies just to try and get out of a ticket.

It's stupid.

The bike crash is nauseating. also unnecessary.

The guy dies just to try and get out of a ticket.

It's stupid.
That I can agree with.

Play stupid game win a stupid prize.
The motorcycle rider made a terrible mistake and paid for it with his life.
Don't run from the police! The officer said he was probably going about 100 when he hit the other vehicle.

It depends on the officer.

Do you wanna take your life in your hands, or put it in some random cop's?

It depends on the officer.

Do you wanna take your life in your hands, or put it in some random cop's?

^^ This is a dumb reply. Obey the laws. Obey LEO commands. Pull over, don't resist, stop reaching for your pants.

7 posts but not worth your time?
Silliness for sure. 😉
Not worth my time to go track down all the reasons why the statement I initially responded to was wrong, especially since it wouldn't convince anyone who wasn't already anyway, most likely.

So basically you think the US being a police state is a good idea?

If you don't immediately surrender to the police even during a completely illegal stop then prepare to be shot.
Even if you do surrender if you make any move the police can claim they were in fear and shoot you anyway.

Fantastic, and you wonder why people have the idea that only total compliance is a problem in a supposedly free country?

Back
Top Bottom