• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here's Why You Shouldn't Run From The Police

So basically you think the US being a police state is a good idea?

If you don't immediately surrender to the police even during a completely illegal stop then prepare to be shot.
Even if you do surrender if you make any move the police can claim they were in fear and shoot you anyway.

Fantastic, and you wonder why people have the idea that only total compliance is a problem in a supposedly free country?
While lots of police are out of control here it is still best to chill out, show your hands, make no sudden moves and just be respectful to an officer.

Whether they are wrong or breaking the law is irrelevant... in fact, those cops it is probably EVEN BETTER to chill and be respectful.

Don't give them an excuse.

There are so many qualifiers I want to offer but I just don't have the time.

It's not that simple.

It never has been.

What's more likely?:

1. Innocent person runs from police and ends up dead, injured, or in jail because he ran from police.

2. Innocent person surrenders immediately to police, and ends up dead, injured, or in jail because he surrendered to police.

Please be sure to support your answer with statistics.

What's more likely?:

1. Innocent person runs from police and ends up dead, injured, or in jail because he ran from police.

2. Innocent person surrenders immediately to police, and ends up dead, injured, or in jail because he surrendered to police.

Please be sure to support your answer with statistics.
Obviously 1, but it's not that simple, especially since there was a language barrier in this case.

And it really depends on the police in question, since not all are trained equally nor do they operate under identical rules.

Obviously 1, but it's not that simple, especially since there was a language barrier in this case.

What language barrier prevents a person from pulling over when a cop is lighting him up, and then driving 100mph to escape?

And it really depends on the police in question, since not all are trained equally nor do they operate under identical rules.

How would you know how well-trained a cop is when he's pulling you over?

What language barrier prevents a person from pulling over when a cop is lighting him up, and then driving 100mph to escape?
Disregard, I was thinking of another case and forgot which one I was talking about.

How would you know how well-trained a cop is when he's pulling you over?
You can't in the current system. That was my point. It creates uncertainty about how they'll respond.

Back
Top Bottom