• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here's Why You Shouldn't Run From The Police

This is going nowhere.

For some people it doesn't matter if you know the law and that what your doing is fine, you just have to surrender to the police immediately no matter how illegal their actions are?

If you make any movement while a cop is interacting with you then prepare to be face planted and then have a continued beating if you attempt to naturally defend yourself or even simply comment on the fact that you're being illegally assaulted.
Just accept the beating and do exactly what the cop tells you to do even if it's to stop covering your head while they punch you in the face.

Remember, self-defence is resistance so stop it.

Not for anything, but the courts are the appropriate place to settle these matters.

Even if the civilian is right, the police will always have the advantage at the initial confrontation.

apples and oranges
How? The OP I was responding was giving the classic "just obey orders and behave well and you have nothing to worry about". That cop did everything right...because he was a cop and knew how to behave in such a situation.

They shot him 9 times anyway.

How? The OP I was responding was giving the classic "just obey orders and behave well and you have nothing to worry about". That cop did everything right...because he was a cop and knew how to behave in such a situation.

They shot him 9 times anyway.
This wasn't a traffic stop. There were no orders given, and the cop did not do everything right if he had a gun out.

This wasn't a traffic stop. There were no orders given, and the cop did not do everything right if he had a gun out.
You are legally allowed to concealed carry 😭

He had his hands up and was getting out of the car. They saw the gun in his waistband and open fired without even waiting. Did you watch the video??

Surrender and live. Live to tell the judge your story.

Stop resisting, running, reaching for droopy drawers.

Funny how the world is black and white, when you want it to be.
Monochromatic isn't exactly how the world works. Your comment reeks of privilege, and dishonesty.

Funny how the world is black and white, when you want it to be.
Monochromatic isn't exactly how the world works. Your comment reeks of privilege, and dishonesty.

Funny you can't explain when and under what circumstances resisting arrest, running from LEO, failing to comply with a lawful order, fighting cops, or grabbing at cop guns is an acceptable response to police.

He had his hands up and was getting out of the car. They saw the gun in his waistband and open fired without even waiting. Did you watch the video??
no I didn't. That's not what's written :

Though the other undercover detectives approach the police car from the passenger side and start giving the suspects commands to surrender, Brachle opens the door where Grant is sitting on the rear driver’s side of the car. “Gun, gun, gun,” Brachle yells at the sight of Grant, who has his weapon trained on the suspects.

Ok, watched it. Yeah, the video backs up what was written. Maybe you meant to post a different video??

no I didn't. That's not what's written :

Though the other undercover detectives approach the police car from the passenger side and start giving the suspects commands to surrender, Brachle opens the door where Grant is sitting on the rear driver’s side of the car. “Gun, gun, gun,” Brachle yells at the sight of Grant, who has his weapon trained on the suspects.
If you watch the video you'll find what that the person who had his weapon trained on the suspects was Brachle. Grant put his hands in the air and had his gun pocking out of his waistband.

If you watch the video you'll find what that the person who had his weapon trained on the suspects was Brachle. Grant put his hands in the air and had his gun pocking out of his waistband.
I don't know what video you're talking about then.

Bullshit.

There are examples where people did just that and still got killed by the police.

Or examples where people did just that and were convinced to plead guilty even though they weren't.

Or examples where people did just that and were coerced/convinced into confessing to something they didn't do.

Or...

Like I said, I don't want to spend the time on it.

Yeah, and if you have priors, or maybe you know you are guilty, of course you want to run and not go to jail. But there are so many stories of innocent people being put in jail.Or charged for crimes they didn't commit and they can't afford bail so sit in prison for years while they await their due process.

I would not run from cops, or talk shit to them (since I know they have power to **** with my life) but I'm white, so I'm typically not accused of a crime just for my skin color and treated like a criminal just because of my skin color

Even while wearing a helmet he didn't make it.

This pleased me. I love to see "laws" in action. In this case Newton's Law, and Darwin's Law....

I'm glad the woman in the car was okay. Worst is when somebody who is intent on taking themselves out of the gene pool, takes somebody out with them.

These are the kinds of videos they need to show to teenagers in driver's training classes.

Yeah, and if you have priors, or maybe you know you are guilty, of course you want to run and not go to jail. But there are so many stories of innocent people being put in jail.Or charged for crimes they didn't commit and they can't afford bail so sit in prison for years while they await their due process.

I would not run from cops, or talk shit to them (since I know they have power to **** with my life) but I'm white, so I'm typically not accused of a crime just for my skin color and treated like a criminal just because of my skin color
Cops kill too many people.
I think this is due to poor training on how to properly respond, defaulting to firearm usage, but I won't rule out a few who may actually enjoy killing.

There are plenty of cases where it is an accepted reality that if you do it, cops are likely to kill you.

And THAT is what I have a problem with.

Why is that the accepted result?

Cops kill too many people.
I think this is due to poor training on how to properly respond, defaulting to firearm usage, but I won't rule out a few who may actually enjoy killing.

There are plenty of cases where it is an accepted reality that if you do it, cops are likely to kill you.

And THAT is what I have a problem with.

Why is that the accepted result?
Uh... did you watch the video? The cop did not kill the guy. Blunt force trauma from a motorcycle accident did.

Uh... did you watch the video? The cop did not kill the guy. Blunt force trauma from a motorcycle accident did.
I was speaking generally, not specifically about the video.

Also it was in response to another post, not the OP.

This is a good example of why running from the police at high speeds on a motorcycle is not a good idea. That's all.

This is a good example of why running from the police at high speeds on a motorcycle is not a good idea. That's all.
I think it's generally dangerous to drive at high speeds on a motorcycle unless you're really good at it, and even then you could crash and possibly die, look at motorcycle racing if you don't believe me.

That said fleeing police didn't make it safer.

I think it's generally dangerous to drive at high speeds on a motorcycle unless you're really good at it, and even then you could crash and possibly die, look at motorcycle racing if you don't believe me.

That said fleeing police didn't make it safer.
We agree. I once was driving in a squad car while a high speed chase was going on in the town I worked in. Really it was more like a cop tried to pull over a motorcycle, he took off, the cop chased for a minute and then the bosses told him to stand down I was driving on a dark road on the farm-type end of town and knew the motorcyclist was headed in that general direction so I was paying extra attention. Just as I started to roll after stopping at a stop sign the motorcycle went through the stop sign right in front of my car, less than 10 feet in front of me. He had to be going well over 100 MPH because it was like a blur. If I started moving just a split second sooner that dude would have been dead. And for what?

We agree. I once was driving in a squad car while a high speed chase was going on in the town I worked in. Really it was more like a cop tried to pull over a motorcycle, he took off, the cop chased for a minute and then the bosses told him to stand down I was driving on a dark road on the farm-type end of town and knew the motorcyclist was headed in that general direction so I was paying extra attention. Just as I started to roll after stopping at a stop sign the motorcycle went through the stop sign right in front of my car, less than 10 feet in front of me. He had to be going well over 100 MPH because it was like a blur. If I started moving just a split second sooner that dude would have been dead. And for what?
I think it's the thrill of the risk and the adrenaline it brings, or at least that's part of it.
The knowledge that you could die is accepted because beating the odds feels good?

Rodney King is a prime example

Even while wearing a helmet he didn't make it.

Good cop. I remember seeing this last year. Tough but the rider was an idiot. Nobody to blame but himself.

Back
Top Bottom