• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here's why Stalin was a bad guy

DarkWizard12

Sir Poop A lot
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
The Holodomer Genocide https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

Holodomer was a systemic genocide that killed millions more than the holocaust did. Most people are taught the holocaust, as the prime evil of the nazi party, but nothing is ever said of Holodomer and few people even know it happened.

Considering that it killed far more people, and happened at a similar time, through as an act of revolutionary leftist policies, it should at least be taught as a sister to the holocaust in terms of atrocities

Or, you can just do what I do, and just vote for stalin.

Nazi apologism always looks the same.
how is recognizing holodomer apologism for nazis? I never said take away holocaust education.

I'm not sure what j'yall mean?

The Holodomer Genocide https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

Holodomer was a systemic genocide that killed millions more than the holocaust did. Most people are taught the holocaust, as the prime evil of the nazi party, but nothing is ever said of Holodomer and few people even know it happened.

Considering that it killed far more people, and happened at a similar time, through as an act of revolutionary leftist policies, it should at least be taught as a sister to the holocaust in terms of atrocities

Or, you can just do what I do, and just vote for stalin.

A worthless debate that wins no points or influences anyone.

What should be taught is no matter if we evaluate what Germany and Hitler did to anyone not apart of their White Nationalist movement, or what the Soviet Union and Stalin did in dealing with his totalitarian methods of rule, or what Genghis Khan achieved through the most brutal and horrific means the world has ever seen, or any number of other lunatics across history it should all be under the headline of atrocities.

Splitting hairs on who was worse or why does not accomplish anything, and worse being narrow minded in what is considered "leftist" policies or whatever other ideological position is purely argumentative with dubious intentions.

The holocaust is not the only atrocity taught, at least received by those of us that did not sleep through history class. The historical lessons from these acts and periods of human history are numerous, and I question how much you really want to discuss those.

Stalin was a bad guy, problem is so are a huge number of others for all sorts of reasons. We can either learn from all these examples or... we can rank them in a haze of foolish minimalization and questionable valuations.

Which do you prefer?

What should be taught is no matter if we evaluate what Germany and Hitler did to anyone not apart of their White Nationalist movement, or what the Soviet Union and Stalin did in dealing with his totalitarian methods of rule, or what Genghis Khan achieved through the most brutal and horrific means the world has ever seen, or any number of other lunatics across history it should all be under the headline of atrocities.

Splitting hairs on who was worse or why does not accomplish anything, and worse being narrow minded in what is considered "leftist" policies or whatever other ideological position is purely argumentative with dubious intentions.

The holocaust is not the only atrocity taught, at least received by those of us that did not sleep through history class. The historical lessons from these acts and periods of human history are numerous, and I question how much you really want to discuss those.

Stalin was a bad guy, problem is so are a huge number of others for all sorts of reasons. We can either learn from all these examples of rank them in a haze of foolish minimalization and valuation. Which do you prefer?
I think we all miss what was the point of the wars, which was a simple re-action for breaking the religious backbone of India by slaughtering up her pet cattle.

Now we got a pissed off Hare Krishna Movement empowering other cults in their ignorance.

The extremes of both liberalism and conservatism have resulted in mass death.

Minimization is denial.
Dude, i'm not minimizing it. It's good that people learn the worst of human atrocities as examples of what not to do. Thing is, Holodomer was nearly equal an atrocity(and good luck arguing that it wasn't). The question is, are YOU minimizing holodomer? Are YOU denying this very real human tragedy and communist atrocity?

XIxtu8pRtqbdOqGokKuQJHH_0lJucsTokN_jDvA1Y8w.jpg

What always gets me is the Belgians are 4th on the list and nobody knows about it.

The Belgians are also responsible for the Rwandan genocide that happened some years ago.

Dude, i'm not minimizing it. It's good that people learn the worst of human atrocities as examples of what not to do. Thing is, Holodomer was nearly equal an atrocity(and good luck arguing that it wa sn't). The question is, are YOU minimizing holodomer? Are YOU denying this very real human tragedy and communist atrocity?

Dude, you're spewing nazi garbage. There's no need to compare anything to the Holocaust. You do so to minimize. You're not fooling me.

Stalin was a bad guy, problem is so are a huge number of others for all sorts of reasons. We can either learn from all these examples or... we can rank them in a haze of foolish minimalization and questionable valuations.

Which do you prefer?
I'm not saying that leftists atrocities were worse than the nazi atrocities. To the contrary, i am saying that they are equivalent. There is no doubt that if Germany had 100 million jews, Hitler would have killed 100 million, or at least far more than 6 million.

Thing is though, we've already taught so much about german nazi atrocities, that people already know why it's bad. No one ever even remembers the atrocities of the communists and the soviets, which does an equal injustice to victims of communism as denying the holocaust itself. Both should be taught and understood.

The extremes of both liberalism and conservatism have resulted in mass death.
What liberal dictators were there?

None, Loui, Jefferson, Washington, Daniel, such a thing and we would be spoiled for good.

Dude, you're spewing nazi garbage. There's no need to compare anything to the Holocaust. You do so to minimize. You're not fooling me.
talking about holodomer is nazi? wtf?

If you want to talk about the holocaust by itself, start another thread. You can do that. It's okay, you have my blessings to go and tell everyone the evils of the nazis.

But **** me if i want to talk about the horrors of communism, right?

talking about holodomer is nazi? wtf?

If you want to talk about the holocaust by itself, start another thread. You can do that. It's okay, you have my blessings to go and tell everyone the evils of the nazis.

But **** me if i want to talk about the horrors of communism, right?

1. There is no need to compare anything to the Holocaust.
2. You do so to minimize.
3. That's nazi horseshit.

How can there be questions.

What liberal dictators were there?

None, Loui, Jefferson, Washington, Daniel, such a thing and we would be spoiled for good.
i understood it as liberalism is being used interchangeably with revolutionary leftism, like communism et al.

Obviously, American-style liberalism isn't compatible with any of that, but many leftists do figure themselves as "liberals" when they are not, at least in the american sense.

What always gets me is the Belgians are 4th on the list and nobody knows about it.

The Belgians are also responsible for the Rwandan genocide that happened some years ago.

Well, I didn't know about good King Leopold, no wonder why the "crime of the century" and the botched rescue of the transport SS Leopoldville on Christmas eve.

By far Clinton's biggest fiasco was not stepping in on that genocide.

Dude, i'm not minimizing it. It's good that people learn the worst of human atrocities as examples of what not to do. Thing is, Holodomer was nearly equal an atrocity(and good luck arguing that it wasn't). The question is, are YOU minimizing holodomer? Are YOU denying this very real human tragedy and communist atrocity?
Nobody is denying anything; what we're questioning is the point of your post. All educated people are aware of past and present atrocities, whoever perpetrated them or where they occurred. Reminding people of them won't bring those millions back to life.

1. There is no need to compare anything to the Holocaust.
okay...so, you problem is that you don't like the holodomer being compared to the holocaust?
2. You do so to minimize.
Prove it. I've stood here and said, and encouraged, education of the holocaust. Prove that I intend to minimize the holocaust with this.
3. That's nazi horseshit.
So even nazis understand the importance of understanding holodomer? is that what you're telling me?
How can there be questions.
Because I'd like the general population to have some basic understanding of nationalist vs communist atrocities, to make the US less likely to fold to either extremes. Today, and you know this, many people are more likely to embrace extreme left ideologies because they don't think such ideologies are capable of any such atrocities.

So you're saying America is the world's policeman?

Genocide is reason enough. All's he had to do was say it was a genocide and either the UN or NATO would've been kicked into action. He refused to say the word. It was a genocide done predominately with machetes. A NATO presence would've stopped it early and fast with little to no bloodshed.

Back
Top Bottom