• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here's what Republicans should do about Ginsburg's seat

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
They should do exactly what the Democrats would do if the roles were reversed.
And that is confirm a judge before the they leave office.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is being dishonest.

I hope they do it actually.

basically guarantees they’ll lose the election and be out of power on a national level for a significant amount of time. By then...the Dems would have already expanded the SC, thus rendering Trump’s pick irrelevant.

basically guarantees they’ll lose the election and be out of power on a national level for a significant amount of time. By then...the Dems would have already expanded the SC, thus rendering Trump’s pick irrelevant.
Why would you assume that would guarantee a loss?
You are presuming their base doesn't want them to do it.

Why would you assume that would guarantee a loss?
You are presuming their base doesn't want them to do it.

Trump's base is solid but just not large enough for reelection.

Basically what this appointment will mean is overturning roe vs wade and ACA

75% of Americans support roe vs wade

Repealing ACA will bring back the preexisting condition exclusion for health insurance.

Should ensure that the senate, house and Whitehouse will go democrat

Democrats will be forced to increase the Supreme Court to 13 with their appointees

Repealing ACA will bring back the preexisting condition exclusion for health insurance.

Democrats will be forced to increase the Supreme Court to 13 with their appointees

No one's base is solid enough to win an election outright. The indies will determine the winner in this.

No one's base is solid enough to win an election outright. The indies will determine the winner in this.

Tell that to Barack Obama who lost “indies” 45%-50% to Romney in 2012...and still kicked his ass in the EC and PV.

Trump isn’t Obama though, and if he loses indies by 5% like Obama did in 2012, not only will he lose, he’ll lose in a landslide.

I have read that Pelosi is thinking of bringing new articles of impeachment against Trump which could stop the vote on a new court member until after the election.

I have read that Pelosi is thinking of bringing new articles of impeachment against Trump which could stop the vote on a new court member until after the election.
Or Barr... either would stop the senate from considering a nominee

You're forgetting the part where the republicans throw away all the democrat's mail-in votes.

You don't know what the Democrats would do. Because it hasn't happened.

The Republicans are total hypocrites for doing this, after stonewalling Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland for 9 months in 2016. They simply have no shame, **** them all.

This is going to blow up in the face of McConnell and Trump. If they do push through this Supreme Court nomination (no guarantee) and Trump and the Repugs get hammered in the election, the Democrats are going to add 2 more Supreme Court seats next year. And the Democrats have every right to, since the Repugs will have stolen 2 Supreme Court seats in 2016 and 2020.

Make up hypothetical hypocrisy to defend your actual hypocrisy. Cute.

i 1000% agree

they have a lot of nerve acting like they wouldn't do what they a re criticizing Trump for doing

they make me tired....

sheez

You don't know what the Democrats would do.
sure we do

they would do w hat they have always done:

whatever it takes... absolutely WHATEVER it takes... legal or illegal.. ethical or unethical

the end justifies WHATEVER means it takes

sure we do

they would do w hat they have always done:

whatever it takes... absolutely WHATEVER it takes... legal or illegal.. ethical or unethical

the end justifies WHATEVER means it takes

Like the Repugs stealing a Supreme Court seat in 2016? Is that what you mean?

Honestly? I think Trump should name who he would pick and would make as an official nomination if he won in November.

In other words, "Here's who i'm picking. If i win, i'll make it official in Mid-November and the Senate can deal with it in January or February 2021."

What Trump does or doesn't do is irrelevant.

Democrats will expand the Supreme Court and erase his decision.

Honestly? I think Trump should name who he would pick and would make as an official nomination if he won in November.

In other words, "Here's who i'm picking. If i win, i'll make it official in Mid-November and the Senate can deal with it in January or February 2021.

If Trump were a decent person, that's what he would do. Supreme Court confirmations do not happen in 45 days.

Either way, it's not a done deal. Collins and Murkowski already stated that they are not going to support this power grab. And McConnell will deeply regret it if Trump loses and Democrats gain control of the Senate. Get ready for 11 seats on the Supreme Court.

What Trump does or doesn't do is irrelevant.

Democrats will expand the Supreme Court and erase his decision.

It's extremely unlikely IMO. They'd have to have a lot more control of the Senate than they reasonably will.

It's extremely unlikely IMO. They'd have to have a lot more control of the Senate than they reasonably will.

They'll just need 51. And that's all they'll ever need. And that outcome is highly likely.

There's no way Garland would have been confirmed in 2016.

And that is the fault of the Republicans for not confirming a highly qualified candidate. Republican Senators used to confirm Democratic Supreme Court nominees all the time, before the Repug Party completely lost their minds. Including Republican Senators currently in Congress, like that pathetic hypocritical piece of shit Lindsey Graham.

It's almost as if the Marxists think this line of complete horse crap will somehow scare the Republicans out of sanity. What, will they inflame the Marxists? Too late, the democrats are already out burning down the nation every night.

The Maoist logic seems to be "If you don't give us out way, a bunch of people who were never going to vote for you won't vote for you." Is the Khmer Rouge "double going to not vote for Trump?"

It's a stupid line of attack by the demcorats.

i 1000% agree

they have a lot of nerve acting like they wouldn't do what they a re criticizing Trump for doing

they make me tired....

sheez

I would be tired too if I had to spend this much time defending the indefensible.

Its not a question of whether or not we realize that the Republicans are going to do the exact opposite of what they said was the right thing not 4 years ago. Its a question of whether or not they are they accept that that makes them giant hypocrites. If they do, then fine, let the chips fall where they may. It appears, though, that they are trying to play both sides of the matter.

Unsuprisingly.

Back
Top Bottom