• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here's what Republicans should do about Ginsburg's seat

Spin it however you like ... but a farce is what it'd be if the Republicans tried to ram this through before the election by gimmicks like not allowing the established procedures for SCOTUS confirmations to operate.

Not only that, but the voters would see it for what it was... a tacit admission that the Republicans are conceding the election. Take a good whiff... you can smell the fear.

From the above? Talk about "spin." :rolleyes:

What we used to say "Pot calling the Kettle Black"

:cool:

No, the republicans would of not confirmed a democratic nominee in an election year, as neither would the democrats....everybody knows this.....or maybe not, lol.

Everybody knows this? *LOL* You mean like grammar and syntax??

Garland was a centrist with rock-solid credentials. He was the most experienced SCOTUS nominee in US history. Plus, he came highly praised on both sides of the aisle by Senators who tended to put patriotism above partisanship - like John McCain and Orrin Hatch.

From the above? Talk about "spin." :rolleyes:

What we used to say "Pot calling the Kettle Black"

:coffeepap:

I'm sorry... I was looking for an adult conversation - not to bicker with children and emojis and such. Where do all the real Republicans hang out these days? Not much point talking to a bunch of Trump third-cheekers.

IMO it smacks of desperation when we hear the Democrats threatening to "pack the Court," and do all the other nefarious things they'd want to insure they stay in power forever.

No, that's anger... there's a big difference between anger and fear. When you're angry you talk about things you want to do when you win power.... when you're afraid, you talk about things you need to do before you lose power. Anger is good - it pushes you onwards. Fear just becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

It's almost as if the Marxists think this line of complete horse crap will somehow scare the Republicans out of sanity. What, will they inflame the Marxists? Too late, the democrats are already out burning down the nation every night.

The Maoist logic seems to be "If you don't give us out way, a bunch of people who were never going to vote for you won't vote for you." Is the Khmer Rouge "double going to not vote for Trump?"

It's a stupid line of attack by the demcorats.

"Marxists"

You don't even know what that means outside of the fact that your political masters tells you it's supposedly "bad".

Those guys still to this day cannot tell me what was so extreme about Garland.

Garland was extreme to them because the black Democrat was the one who chose him. Can't have that.

Rapid confirmation has commanding leads in most polls, even among Dems. So you seem to have it bassackwards. :ROFLMAO:

Pay attention. The SC has just became front and center this election cycle, and thus far Biden voters are more enthusiastic about it compared to Trump supporters.

Like 2018, this will hurt the GOP.

Another false talking point, as the republicans would of not confirmed Obama' pick anyway. So the result is the same.....cry all you want.

Lyndsey Graham from 2016 disagrees with you --

“I want you to use my words against me. If there’s a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said let’s let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination."
Like I said, the Nazi Repug Party are full of shit. **** all of those hypocrites.

I hope they do it actually.

basically guarantees they’ll lose the election and be out of power on a national level for a significant amount of time. By then...the Dems would have already expanded the SC, thus rendering Trump’s pick irrelevant.
Why does that option guarantee they would loose the election? Trump voters are crying for the SCOTUS appointment and making the appointment will not loose Trump any vote of those that support him. In fact republicans will be disappointed if the appointment is not made. It's the action that will protect republican/conservative positions for another 30 years.

It's extremely unlikely IMO. They'd have to have a lot more control of the Senate than they reasonably will.
It only takes a simple majority in the House and then the Senate,. The Dems will hold the House, could very easily win or tie in the Senate and if they win the WH they are free to do as they please.

Pay attention. The SC has just became front and center this election cycle, and thus far Biden voters are more enthusiastic about it compared to Trump supporters.

Like 2018, this will hurt the GOP.
Sorry, You're the one that needs to pay attention to FACTS and forget those LW wet dreams.

Why does that option guarantee they would loose the election? Trump voters are crying for the SCOTUS appointment and making the appointment will not loose Trump any vote of those that support him. In fact republicans will be disappointed if the appointment is not made. It's the action that will protect republican/conservative positions for another 30 years.

How does this help Trump? The diehard dipshit Trump cultist loyalists are going to vote for him, anyway.

If anything, this will help galvanize the Democrats even more, since they will be angry that the Repugs are stealing yet another Supreme Court seat.

Sorry, You're the one that needs to pay attention to FACTS and forget those LW wet dreams.

Let me reiterate, I hope Trump and the GOP shove this SC pick down the nation's throat, prior to the election.

It will end badly for your party.

Pay attention to the world around you, outside of your right wing bubble.

Then, you'll understand why it's political suicide for the GOP. And 30 years? If the Dems gain back power and expand and pack the courts...Trump's picks would become irrelevant.

I hope they do it actually.

basically guarantees they’ll lose the election and be out of power on a national level for a significant amount of time. By then...the Dems would have already expanded the SC, thus rendering Trump’s pick irrelevant.

... and when Democrats screw up and lose in the future, you don't think Republicans would just use the Democrat playbook and further stack the court?

... and when Democrats screw up and lose in the future, you don't think Republicans would just use the Democrat playbook and further stack the court?

I wouldn't doubt it. Welcome to a deeply divided nation.

How does this help Trump? The diehard dipshit Trump cultist loyalists are going to vote for him, anyway.

If anything, this will help galvanize the Democrats even more, since they will be angry that the Repugs are stealing yet another Supreme Court seat.

Stealing? The President is responsible for nominating a candidate, and the Senate determines consent. How is that is "stealing?"

Those guys still to this day cannot tell me what was so extreme about Garland.
Same as Gorsuch and Kavanaugh. Please -no Democrat has standing here.

Garland was extreme to them because the black Democrat was the one who chose him. Can't have that.
Gorsuch and Kavanaugh were extreme because bad white man nominated them. Can't have that.
See how that works?

Trump's base is solid but just not large enough for reelection.

Basically what this appointment will mean is overturning roe vs wade and ACA

75% of Americans support roe vs wade

Repealing ACA will bring back the preexisting condition exclusion for health insurance.

Should ensure that the senate, house and Whitehouse will go democrat

Democrats will be forced to increase the Supreme Court to 13 with their appointees
People seem to not understand what "base" is. He has the same base as he had in 2016. Independents and moderates aren't a base of either side.

Let me reiterate, I hope Trump and the GOP shove this SC pick down the nation's throat, prior to the election.

It will end badly for your party.
I'll repeat: Numerous polls so that Democrats and Republicans FAVOR by wide margins voting NOW for RBG replacement. Feel free to continuing fantasizing.

Stealing? The President is responsible for nominating a candidate, and the Senate determines consent. How is that is "stealing?"

It's stealing because McConnell is violating the bullshit rule that he established in 2016 when he blocked Merrick Garland's nomination -- no Supreme Court nominees in an election year. Especially less than 2 months before an election. In 2016, Garland was nominated by Obama 9 months before the election.

Repugs are ****ing hypocrites.

It's stealing because McConnell is violating the bullshit rule that he established in 2016 when he blocked Merrick Garland's nomination -- no Supreme Court nominees in an election year. Especially less than 2 months before an election. In 2016, Garland was nominated by Obama 9 months before the election.

Are you basing hypocrisy on the narrative of 2020 Democrats or 2016 Democrats?

Are you basing hypocrisy on the narrative of 2020 Democrats or 2016 Democrats?

I'm basing the hypocrisy on what Moscow Mitch is doing. Read his quote in 2016 and try to keep up. Of course, it ain't easy for Trump cultists.

Nope, the "bullshit" rule concerned A Senate and President of opposite parties. Spend more time learning the facts and less with grade shoot profanities.

Back
Top Bottom