• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here's what Ray Kurzweil eats to live forever

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Here's the 700-calorie breakfast you should eat if you want to live forever, according to futurist Ray Kurzweil

https://www.playboy.com/articles/playboy-interview-ray-kurzweil

What Ray Kurzweil eats to live forever - Business Insider

Google's leading futurist, Ray Kurzweil, thinks his diet can help him live forever, a goal he recently told Playboy we could be close to achieving by as early as 2029.

Kurzweil says he spends "a few thousand dollars per day" on diet pills and eating right, or roughly $1 million a year.

According to Caroline Daniel of The Financial Times, Kurzweil's breakfast includes:

Berries (85 calories for a cup)
Dark chocolate infused with espresso (170 calories for an ounce)
Smoked salmon and mackerel (100 calories for a 3-ounce serving)
Vanilla soy milk (100 calories for a cup)
Stevia (zero calories)
Porridge (150 to 350 calories for half a cup, depending on ingredients and cooking method)
Green tea (zero calories)

Kurzweil says he spends "a few thousand dollars per day" on diet pills and eating right, or roughly $1 million a year.

Sounds like a total nut.

Here's the 700-calorie breakfast you should eat if you want to live forever, according to futurist Ray Kurzweil

Google's leading futurist, Ray Kurzweil, thinks his diet can help him live forever, a goal he recently told Playboy we could be close to achieving by as early as 2029.

According to Caroline Daniel of The Financial Times, Kurzweil's breakfast includes:

Stevia (zero calories)
Porridge (150 to 350 calories for half a cup, depending on ingredients and cooking method)

Well, that's ****ing stupid.

He won't live forever, it'll just feel like it.

Ray Kurzweil is far from "dumb"

Sounds like a total nut.

yea the linked article says he takes 100 pills a day ( down from the 250 a day he used to take because some are now combined ).

Sounds like a total nut.

I thought this was supposed to be a self help forum, not a pill popping one.

Stevia (zero calories)

Wait a minute.... Achieving the goal of living forever can only be accomplished once you live forever. Acheiving it by 2029, only means that he lived to 2029, not forever.

Where does one sign up for a career of eating and swallowing supplements? I could do that. Tell you what, I would definitely eat better though, I dont want no stinkin smoked mackerel at breakfast.

THe porridge can go overboard too.

Lots Of Chocolate (melted I should think), with berries and Honey over the top (Honey just has to be a miracle food, everyone knows that), green tea to wash it down...ya, that will do fine.

Last edited:
RetiredNSmilin's secret to long life. Given from my isolated mountain top in a far away offshore island...
(queue the mystical flute music please)

1.) Eliminate as many negative stresses in your life. Positive stresses give you a reason to get up in the morning. Negative stresses put you in the grave.

2.) Food wise - don't stress over what you put in your mouth. That just becomes another negative stressor. Just enjoy your food, don't eat so damned fast, chew it up good, and graze throughout the day.

3.) What To Avoid - Internet flame wars, heated discussions of any kind, too much fat, avoid booze at all costs - it is a poison, and being extreme on any issue, TV commercials.

4.) What to embrace -
cats,
kittens,
dogs,
puppies,
decaff sweet tea with real sugar,
your favorite music,
cuddling,
being in the sunshine for 30 minutes minimum,...vitamin D if you can't,
outdoor activities for one hour minimum....treadmill if you can't.
being in sync with nature, the universe, the Barracka, or whatever spiritual essence drives you.

5.) Don't be afraid to get angry. It is a normal human emotion. Take a baseball bat to a fallen tree, scream at the top of your lungs, or do some nondestructive physical activity to vent your natural anger. It is a part of you that should never be denied. Venting keeps the pressure down and the spirits up.

I have found that people who....

think they know all there is to know,
don't take time to enjoy the beauty nature shows them every day,
never admit their mistakes or apologize for them,
do not acknowledge the spirituality that is present in all things,
and are driven to one goal while ignoring all else....

are not very nice people to be around, and should be avoided.

I have also found people with a universal love in their heart and an appreciation of all things are a delight to be around.

Remember, internal peace does not, and should not cost one penny.

OK, that will be a $35 donation, please. Make your checks to the RNS Peaceful Retirement Fund....(tax deductible).

kitten & puppy keychains available for purchase in the RNS Gift Shop on your way out.

May the Barracka be with you.

Last edited:
RetiredNSmilin's secret to long life. Given from my isolated mountain top in a far away offshore island...

1.) Eliminate as many negative stresses in your life. Positive stresses give you a reason to get up in the morning. Negative stresses put you in the grave.

2.) Food wise - don't stress over what you put in your mouth. That just becomes another negative stressor. Just enjoy your food, don't eat so damned fast, chew it up good, and graze throughout the day.

3.) What To Avoid - Internet flame wars, heated discussions of any kind, too much fat, avoid booze at all costs - it is a poison, and being extreme on any issue, TV commercials.

4.) What to embrace -
cats,
kittens,
dogs,
puppies,
decaff sweet tea with real sugar,
your favorite music,
cuddling,
being in the sunshine for 30 minutes minimum,...vitamin D if you can't,
outdoor activities for one hour minimum....treadmill if you can't.
being in sync with nature, the universe, the Barracka, or whatever spiritual essence drives you.

I have found that people who....
think they know all there is to know,
don't take time to enjoy the beauty nature shows them every day,
never admit their mistakes or apologize for them,
do not acknowledge the spirituality that is present in all things,
and are driven to one goal while ignoring all else....

are not very nice people to be around, and should be avoided.

I have also found people with a universal love in their heart and an appreciation of all things are a delight to be around.

Remember, internal peace does not, and should not cost one penny.

You are all wet on #3 of course :lol: but WOW, nice post.

It needs a better home than this thread.

You are all wet on #3 of course :lol: but WOW, nice post.

It needs a better home than this thread.

Thanks, friend. being a human I am frequently "all wet" on a number of things. That is what makes the search for personal peace such an individual thing.

I DO KNOW, though, that without personal peace, your own life will be shortened quite a bit.

Have you ever noticed some people in a crowd have a permanent frown on their face when just walking around. You can tell they have not had a very happy life.

I also needed to include, you need to have a sense of humor highly developed enough to laugh at yourself.

Hence the last part of that post.

Where does one sign up for a career of eating and swallowing supplements? I could do that. .

He made a career doing a lot of things, he doesn't get paid for eating. you're confused. google Ray Kurzweil.

Ray Kurzweil is far from "dumb"
He’s also apparently far from vegan. :)

There’s a difference between intelligence and wisdom. There’s also often a difference between what a person says and what the media report them as having said. These articles prove literally nothing.

Grains of sand on earth, stars in the universe, and diets published, pick the most numerous.

Stevia (zero calories)

Kurzweil is a braindead idiot.

I also needed to include, you need to have a sense of humor highly developed enough to laugh at yourself.

Hence the last part of that post.
as Dame Edna said, "If you can't laugh at yourself, you may be missing the joke of the century....."

He’s also apparently far from vegan. :)

There’s a difference between intelligence and wisdom. There’s also often a difference between what a person says and what the media report them as having said. These articles prove literally nothing.

who said he was vegan?

who said he was vegan?
It was a light-hearted joke. You’re a strong proponent of a vegan diet as the best for health and welfare yet are supporting a man proposing a non-vegan diet to help him literally live forever. Presumably if he replaced the fish in his diet with a vegan alternative, he could live longer than forever? :p

It was a light-hearted joke. You’re a strong proponent of a vegan diet as the best for health and welfare yet are supporting a man proposing a non-vegan diet to help him literally live forever. Presumably if he replaced the fish in his diet with a vegan alternative, he could live longer than forever? :p

vegetarian, and eating very little high quality meat is a much better alternative to the standard american diet

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this guy wont live forever.
In fact I'm willing to bet every single penny I have.
Militant you wanna take my bet?

Back
Top Bottom