• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here's what happens when a good man shoots an unarmed suspect...

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

Background...all captured on officer's dash cam...officer pulls over a car with four men inside. He immediatelynrecognizes the guy in the backseat is wanted for a serious crime he allegedly committed the night before. Armed robbery, if I recall. The video is out there. Its difficult for me to copy/paste more than one with my Ipad.

He's alone. He draws his weapon. Yells for no one to move. Keeps yelling for no one to move. Says he'll shoot if anyone moves. He's obviously scared to death. The OTHER video shows the suspect in the backseat take his arm off the headrest and move it down out of sight. Officer shoots. Shoots. Shoots. Shoots. Man dies.

The video above shows the aftermath. They were unable to find a gun, although thru most of this video, the cop doesn't know that. He just knows he killed someone.

Cops are human beings who just want to go home to their families at the end of their shift.

Hindsight is 20/20 - I'm so sick of these armchair LE/judges who have no idea what's it's like to be in that moment and have to make a split-second, life-changing decision based on their instincts. God bless our wonderful policemen who choose this stressful and dangerous life.

Hindsight is 20/20 - I'm so sick of these armchair LE/judges who have no idea what's it's like to be in that moment and have to make a split-second, life-changing decision based on their instincts. God bless our wonderful policemen who choose this stressful and dangerous life.

So therefore it's okay if they shoot anyone they want. Got it.

So therefore it's okay if they shoot anyone they want. Got it.

No, that's not what I said or implied. I'm tired of the BLM idiots saying that cops are just out to kill black people. It's happening because the cops in that split-second feel as if their life might be threatened --- for whatever reason (reasonable or unreasonable) they feel that. They aren't looking for black people to kill.

Back
Top Bottom