• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Here's my opinion...

Re: Here's my opinion

This is true, RightatNYU, you are correct. However, do you believe people should suffer twice for their crimes?

Of course, that question is irrelavant. I suck at debating. But I still like this website cause I learn a lot and I can get better at debating with practice.

Touché, RightatNYU, touché. But I do know a little something about my religion and a little something about Judaism and that is that their prophets believed in the god of their followers ex. Moses believed in Yahweh and Muhammed (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) believed in Allah. It makes sense for them to make their respected religions. However, in Christianity, Jesus was a Jew, a follower of Moses and a believer in Yahweh. Why would he, then, make a religion that states that his own god was, in fact, not the true god? Does that make sense to you? I have a feeling I may have offended you with my words earlier so I would like to say "I'm sorry" and I would like to keep this a mutual debate, not a religious war (of course it is not really a war).

eja2721 said:
This is true, RightatNYU, you are correct. However, do you believe people should suffer twice for their crimes?

The point isn't to make them suffer twice. Think about it. Not everyone believes in religion. If you were an atheist, and the rest of the society believed that you shouldn't have to suffer twice, and you would burn in hell, there would be no incentive to not commit crime. You could just go on your merry way and do what you liked.

Punishments for deviant behavior are a necessity in any society.

eja2721 said:
Touché, RightatNYU, touché. But I do know a little something about my religion and a little something about Judaism and that is that their prophets believed in the god of their followers ex. Moses believed in Yahweh and Muhammed (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) believed in Allah. It makes sense for them to make their respected religions. However, in Christianity, Jesus was a Jew, a follower of Moses and a believer in Yahweh. Why would he, then, make a religion that states that his own god was, in fact, not the true god? Does that make sense to you? I have a feeling I may have offended you with my words earlier so I would like to say "I'm sorry" and I would like to keep this a mutual debate, not a religious war (of course it is not really a war).

You didn't offend me at all in a religious sense, I just thought it was funny how you jumped on the fact that Jesus was Jewish as proof that religion is lies, when its not exactly a secret.

I think that the transformation of Judaism under Jesus is precisely the reason why Christianity holds such power today. Jesus was seen as a fulfilment of the Jewish prophecy, and as such, drew followers that were both Jews and Gentiles. This was one of the first times in ancient society in which a religion was accepting of others of different faiths, and paved the way for a change from the previous wars of religion, although it took quite a long time and was manipulated by many along the way.

The god of Moses is the god of Jesus is the god of Muhammed. The only thing these religions really disagree on is who the prophets were, and what their messages meant.

I would like to talk to you on aim sometime if that's alright with you. I could learn a thing or two from you.

eja2721 said:
I would like to talk to you on aim sometime if that's alright with you. I could learn a thing or two from you.

Sure, if you like.

Last edited:
eja2721 said:
So he's a Jew who doesn't follow his own religion? That's supposed to make sense, right? I guess I'm not ignorant enough to "see the light".

By the way, I am not trying to offend you or anybody else here. I have no grudge against you or anybody else. That being said, here's something I thought of:

You won't go anywhere debating religion. You can't debate illogical subjects. Religion is the absence of logic. Therefore, you can't debate religion, you can only argue over it.

If you don't want to debate, and you don't want to offend anybody, than why did you even make this thread? So all the Christians of here know that some random person somewhere in cyberspace isn't a Christian? Whoopty-sh!t.

If you have enough time on your hands to be making completely useless threads, I have some closets that you could come and reorganize. At least that would be constructive.

Yeah... go ahead... tel him where you live... good luck with that.

eja2721 said:
FYI, Drum corp12004, I'm Muslim. I don't attend church. Now why am I going to hell? Cause I don't agree that people should go to Hell based on their faith, or because I'm Muslim? Answer me that, oh enlightened one.

You have stated you're religious but hate religion.

You've questioned the illogic that Jesus didn't follow His own faith, yet you now state you are the same.

You may wish to think before you post.

satanloveslibs said:
...to say that we came from non-living matter sounds just as nuts

Or as the scripture says...

Hebrews 3:4 For every house is builded by some [man]; but he that built all things [is] God.

Can you imagine a stack of lumber on top/or underneath a pile of dynamite...getting a big bang and then wallah a HOUSE. LOL. Not possible or logical...in a million years done a million times or a million ways I don't see a house...carpentry, plumbing, electrical and the picket fence coming down...lol. :lol:

eja2721 said:
I have no arguement. You win, RightatNYU. Congrats. :applaud

Man you are no fun at all.

Facts smashed? Sources deflated? Political party in shambles?

Dont give up EVER!

Where is the pointless ranting rhetoric retort?

Where is 26x?

ah well

shuamort said:
Luckily, hell is a construct that happened much after the Bible was first written then, eh?
The bible talks about hell from the very begining, for all you people of other
religions, in my religion it is genesis.
What freakin' church do you go to?

Drum_corps912004 said:
The bible talks about hell from the very begining, for all you people of other
religions, in my religion it is genesis.
What freakin' church do you go to?
I'm not religious, but I've read the bible and have read a lot of translations, read it in its original language in some cases as well and have read many a historical contextual argument about it.

shuamort said:
I'm not religious, but I've read the bible and have read a lot of translations, read it in its original language in some cases as well and have read many a historical contextual argument about it.
Your not reading close enough. You can't just read it is if it's some
homework assignment.

Drum_corps912004 said:
Your not reading close enough. You can't just read it is if it's some
homework assignment.
You're right, I have to have logic absent, ignore all historical context, and pick and choose what I want and don't want to hear. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom