• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Here's How Trump Operates

jpn

Retired Navy Commander
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Trump uses bullying as a business tactic. Then he stiffs those unwise enough to work with him. Those are his "ethics."

In the business world Trump "is notorious for refusing to pay full price to contractors and vendors after they’ve completed work for him. And he basically dares the people he has stiffed to sue him, knowing that his deep pockets and bevy of lawyers give him a big advantage over those who feel wronged by him."
There is a personality type with a New York developer, one Donald learned from Fred when he carried his dad’s briefcase to acquisition meetings out in the boroughs and it goes like this:
Donald contracts for a service or good, or the acquisition of a piece of land for $1 million.

He then does not pay you

You ask Donald for your million dollars

Donald yells at you, basely, abusively, wholly out of character to the rich gentleman you broke bread with and made the deal with. He tells you that no, YOU owe him $200,000. Gives you no reason but screams how can you be such a son of a bitch to rip him off, how he’s going to sue you, expose you as a cheat, etc.

You’re off your pins, defensive. How could this be the guy who was so nice when he picked up the check at Per Se?

So, you compromise, because human nature avoids conflict, right? This is what he’s gaming you for because once you compromised, you’ve lost. You’ve inferred his premise that you have some complicity in the matter otherwise why would you compromise? You are on the defensive and will never get it back.

You offer $750,000 as a settlement, angry buy want it over and done with. He then sues you. Why, because you’ve already committed yourself to the loss. You volunteered to surrender your position and what will stop you from keeping going?

I’ve seen many a New Yorker settle things like this with Trump people for 5-10 cents on the dollar and then happy, even eager to keep doing business with them. Why? Because he got in their heads with this aggressively counterintuitive behavior.

Now we learn that the $50 million Trump "contributed" to his campaign was just a loan. (I see another thread was started on that.) So any contributions anyone who buys his snake oil could easily end up paying for his next gold-plated bathtub instead of the campaign itself. He's already directed about 10% of his campaign funds toward his own business concerns. What a huckster.

Last edited:
Trump uses bullying as a business tactic. Then he stiffs those unwise enough to work with him. Those are his "ethics."

In the business world Trump "is notorious for refusing to pay full price to contractors and vendors after they’ve completed work for him. And he basically dares the people he has stiffed to sue him, knowing that his deep pockets and bevy of lawyers give him a big advantage over those who feel wronged by him."

Now we learn that the $50 million Trump "contributed" to his campaign was just a loan. (I see another thread was started on that.) So any contributions anyone who buys his snake oil could easily end up paying for his next gold-plated bathtub instead of the campaign itself. He's already directed about 10% of his campaign funds toward his own business concerns. What a huckster.
Thank you for opening our eyes to some of the things Trump has done. We need to be apprised of the facts so we can make a proper decision in a republic.

When is it you will be opening your eyes to Hillary?

Thank you for opening our eyes to some of the things Trump has done. We need to be apprised of the facts so we can make a proper decision in a republic.

Like that, do you? Great! Let's look at some of Trump's mealy mouthed policy positions:

blog_trump_walk_back_0.jpg

Trump is not a man who says what he means, means what he says. He just babbles.

Like that, do you? Great! Let's look at some of Trump's mealy mouthed policy positions:

Trump is not a man who says what he means, means what he says. He just babbles.
All False statements involving Hillary Clinton

False
A talking point, shattered
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
"It was allowed," referring to her email practices.
— PolitiFact National on Tuesday, May 31st, 2016
False
We counted a lot more than one
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
"Let me say that I don't think (Bernie Sanders has) had a single negative ad ever run against him."
— PolitiFact National on Sunday, May 22nd, 2016
False
Sanders wants more ambitious plan, but supports this one
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
"The Clean Power Plan is something that Sen. Sanders has said he would delay implementing."
— PolitiFact National on Thursday, March 10th, 2016
False
A flubbed talking point
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
"You are three times more likely to be able to get a mortgage if you're a white applicant than if you're black or Hispanic, even if you have the same credentials."
— PolitiFact National on Friday, February 26th, 2016
False
Maybe someday, but not now
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
"We now have more jobs in solar than we do in oil."
— PolitiFact New Hampshire on Friday, January 29th, 2016
False
Longest and most detailed, but hardly the only
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
"I am the only candidate on either side who has laid out a specific plan about what I would do to defeat ISIS."
— PolitiFact National on Wednesday, January 27th, 2016
False
Campaign says she phrased it wrong
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
"Every piece of legislation, just about, that I ever introduced (in the U.S. Senate) had a Republican co-sponsor."
— PolitiFact National on Wednesday, January 20th, 2016
False
She chose the wrong metric
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
"We now have driven (health care) costs down to the lowest they've been in 50 years."
— PolitiFact National on Monday, January 18th, 2016
False
No evidence has emerged
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
ISIS is "going to people showing videos of Donald Trump insulting Islam and Muslims in order to recruit more radical jihadists."
— PolitiFact National on Saturday, December 19th, 2015
False
The protection isn't bulletproof
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
The gun industry is "the only business in America that is wholly protected from any kind of liability."
— PolitiFact National on Friday, October 16th, 2015
False
Not by a long shot
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
The Benghazi probe is "the longest-running congressional investigation ever."
— PolitiFact National on Friday, October 2nd, 2015
False
Bill never made it to governor's desk
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
Says Scott Walker rejected legislation to make college loan payments tax deductible and the result was "to raise taxes on students."
— PolitiFact Wisconsin on Wednesday, September 9th, 2015
False
Some Republicans have, especially Rubio

And that is only half the first page out of two pages... and it does not even detail her major lies in her past, like landing in Bosnia under fire,etc...

All False statements involving Hillary Clinton | PolitiFact

Like I said, you have opened your eyes to Trump, when are you ever going to give Hillary the proper scrutiny? Oh yeah. Never.

I see a lot of allegations from Talking Points Memo, not exactly an unbiased source, but not a lot of backup support. Got .any additional info?

I see a lot of allegations from Talking Points Memo, not exactly an unbiased source, but not a lot of backup support. Got .any additional info?

So I guess you're responding to my OP. The actual cases cited, like the one in the NYT, is easily researched on the Internet. And the one from the Palm Beach Post.

By the way, here's a good one:
Donald Trump: Not As Great A Businessman As He Claims To Be
Imagine that! The guy who has run his own campaign into the ground is actually pretty incompetent at anything that takes more than bullying people into submission.
What a great guy to have as role model for our kids, eh?

Oh, here are ten of Trump's biggest lies of the year. With so many to choose from, it must have been really hard to whittle this list down to just ten:
The 10 biggest falsehoods from the year of Trump | PolitiFact

If you want to understand Trump a good start is:

A Psychologist Analyzes Donald Trump’s Personality - The Atlantic

It fails because it fails to take into account that Trump is brilliant and the author does not know how trump views himself which is ridiculous because has has been consistent (and honest) on that.

But it is a good start.

All False statements involving Hillary Clinton

False
A talking point, shattered
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
"It was allowed," referring to her email practices.
— PolitiFact National on Tuesday, May 31st, 2016
False
We counted a lot more than one
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
"Let me say that I don't think (Bernie Sanders has) had a single negative ad ever run against him."
— PolitiFact National on Sunday, May 22nd, 2016
False
Sanders wants more ambitious plan, but supports this one
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
"The Clean Power Plan is something that Sen. Sanders has said he would delay implementing."
— PolitiFact National on Thursday, March 10th, 2016
False
A flubbed talking point
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
"You are three times more likely to be able to get a mortgage if you're a white applicant than if you're black or Hispanic, even if you have the same credentials."
— PolitiFact National on Friday, February 26th, 2016
False
Maybe someday, but not now
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
"We now have more jobs in solar than we do in oil."
— PolitiFact New Hampshire on Friday, January 29th, 2016
False
Longest and most detailed, but hardly the only
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
"I am the only candidate on either side who has laid out a specific plan about what I would do to defeat ISIS."
— PolitiFact National on Wednesday, January 27th, 2016
False
Campaign says she phrased it wrong
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
"Every piece of legislation, just about, that I ever introduced (in the U.S. Senate) had a Republican co-sponsor."
— PolitiFact National on Wednesday, January 20th, 2016
False
She chose the wrong metric
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
"We now have driven (health care) costs down to the lowest they've been in 50 years."
— PolitiFact National on Monday, January 18th, 2016
False
No evidence has emerged
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
ISIS is "going to people showing videos of Donald Trump insulting Islam and Muslims in order to recruit more radical jihadists."
— PolitiFact National on Saturday, December 19th, 2015
False
The protection isn't bulletproof
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
The gun industry is "the only business in America that is wholly protected from any kind of liability."
— PolitiFact National on Friday, October 16th, 2015
False
Not by a long shot
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
The Benghazi probe is "the longest-running congressional investigation ever."
— PolitiFact National on Friday, October 2nd, 2015
False
Bill never made it to governor's desk
Hillary Clinton
HILLARY CLINTON
Says Scott Walker rejected legislation to make college loan payments tax deductible and the result was "to raise taxes on students."
— PolitiFact Wisconsin on Wednesday, September 9th, 2015
False
Some Republicans have, especially Rubio

And that is only half the first page out of two pages... and it does not even detail her major lies in her past, like landing in Bosnia under fire,etc...

All False statements involving Hillary Clinton | PolitiFact

Like I said, you have opened your eyes to Trump, when are you ever going to give Hillary the proper scrutiny? Oh yeah. Never.

th

Hillary Clinton's file | PolitiFact
^ Most common result: Mostly True. Least common: Pants on Fire.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/
^ Most common result: False. Least common: True.

th

Hillary Clinton's file | PolitiFact
^ Most common result: Mostly True. Least common: Pants on Fire.

Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact
^ Most common result: False. Least common: True.
strawmanleft.jpg

While yes,

I originally sourced Politifact but only because I knew it would not be particularly questioned but accepted from the left... but leaves a lot to be desired as a source.

PF is just not "there" when it comes to the fairness aspect, being biased left. Proof they are not honest brokers comes via links you provided wherein Hillary is allowed to get away with the use of a deliberate/obvious straw-man argument in place of her real assertion and PF turned it into a MOSTLY TRUE when it was patently false.

When is it you will be opening your eyes to Hillary?

Start your own damned thread about Hillary then.

Or muck this one up and try to keep derailing it.

Start your own damned thread about Hillary then.

Or muck this one up and try to keep derailing it.
Seems to me some nitwit speaking and apparently very forgetful dude just the other day was telling me that we have moderators on site to take care just those sorts of suggestions. Ok?

View attachment 67203281

While yes,

I originally sourced Politifact but only because I knew it would not be particularly questioned but accepted from the left... but leaves a lot to be desired as a source.

PF is just not "there" when it comes to the fairness aspect, being biased left. Proof they are not honest brokers comes via links you provided wherein Hillary is allowed to get away with the use of a deliberate/obvious straw-man argument in place of her real assertion and PF turned it into a MOSTLY TRUE when it was patently false.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

That's not debate. Prove me wrong. You looked, saw and understood the actual truth, now use avoidance.

I get it.

I posted a rebuttal that your cherry-picked post the proper perspective. That's on you if you choose not to accept the facts contained within.

If you want to understand Trump a good start is:

A Psychologist Analyzes Donald Trump’s Personality - The Atlantic

It fails because it fails to take into account that Trump is brilliant and the author does not know how trump views himself which is ridiculous because has has been consistent (and honest) on that.

But it is a good start.

If he's so brilliant, why is it he didn't know Scotland voted to stay in the EU?

Can't wait for the turd polish or evasive manuever I will get.

Cue it up.

If he's so brilliant, why is it he didn't know Scotland voted to stay in the EU?

Can't wait for the turd polish or evasive manuever I will get.

Cue it up.

I assume he thinks his base thinks that Scotland is a province of Great Britain as Taiwan is a province of China. Given the stupidity of the American people I am happy if they can simply find the place on a map, I dont expect them to know how it fits into the England, Great Britain, UK scheme.

When dealing with Americans setting your expectations low is usually a wise move.

And there you go.....

the most important thing about TRUMP he is like teddy roosevelt who stops monopolies and that is why white men supports him over any other canadidate and white men have the highest logic according to science and history

trump not remembering something or not having data to analyze does not show an unwise mind

He shows a brilliant mind with understanding that buying off politicians by the powers or rich will stop INVENTIONS and that is what brings progress.... like big oil buying off cruz and the bushs and then they work with the clintons to bring down the middle class with nafta and gatt.. he shows great wisdom with understanding this very important issue ad that is the reason why the highest logic group supports him... white males

trump not remembering something or not having data to analyze does not show an unwise mind

He shows a brilliant mind with understanding that buying off politicians by the powers or rich will stop INVENTIONS and that is what brings progress.... like big oil buying off cruz and the bushs and then they work with the clintons to bring down the middle class with nafta and gatt.. he shows great wisdom with understanding this very important issue ad that is the reason why the highest logic group supports him... white males

No no no, He is disqualified because he has not spent decades learning the craft of political theater, he was too busy building a GREAT COMPANY. *sarcasm*

Wait What? White males are the bestest you say?

:naughty

I dont know that you are allowed to have that opinion here.

White male pride is the one kind of pride that is not ok.

Anywhere. Anytime. And truth is not a defense.

:stop:

Last edited:
IT'S COMING.. one way or the other.. if trump wins he will make a wisdom test for voters along with the other great deeds

if he don't win.. he will lead THE CONSERVATIVE STATES OF AMERICA to become a great empire.. the whole south will secede and all the states up to montana over to alberta who will secede from canada to join the conservative group and alaska.. he will make a wisdom test for voters that will bring the most wise of the world to help like what happenned when the founders allowed ONLY the most wise to vote

IT'S COMING.. one way or the other.. if trump wins he will make a wisdom test for voters along with the other great deeds

if he don't win.. he will lead THE CONSERVATIVE STATES OF AMERICA to become a great empire.. the whole south will secede and all the states up to montana over to alberta who will secede from canada to join the conservative group and alaska.. he will make a wisdom test for voters that will bring the most wise of the world to help like what happenned when the founders allowed ONLY the most wise to vote

So you'd be ok with never voting?

I assume he thinks his base thinks that Scotland is a province of Great Britain as Taiwan is a province of China. Given the stupidity of the American people I am happy if they can simply find the place on a map, I dont expect them to know how it fits into the England, Great Britain, UK scheme.

When dealing with Americans setting your expectations low is usually a wise move.

And there you go.....

Well there you have it then. Turd polish has been redefined.

Back
Top Bottom