• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here's how Trump can get his $5 billion for the wall

Stealers Wheel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
OK, so Trump claims this is an invasion. He's already deployed troops to defend the border. Now he needs to take military action, something Congress can't say squat about.

Do they have walls around the military camps in Afghanistan to keep invaders out? Probably not. What they do have is land mines, well marked mine fields. Don't want anyone accidently walking into them.

Trump could begin to put well marked minefields all along the border.

When a few barefoot immigrants along with their children are blown to bits, I think Pelosi and the Democrats will fold like a cheap suitcase. They'll give Trump his $5 billion before the end of business.

Right now, Trump is threatening and in the process of killing 800,000 federal workers and their families. Why not kill a few immigrants to up the ante?

OK, so Trump claims this is an invasion. He's already deployed troops to defend the border. Now he needs to take military action, something Congress can't say squat about.

Do they have walls around the military camps in Afghanistan to keep invaders out? Probably not. What they do have is land mines, well marked mine fields. Don't want anyone accidently walking into them.

When a few barefoot immigrants along with their children are blown to bits, I think Pelosi and the Democrats will fold like a cheap suitcase. They'll give Trump his $5 billion before the end of business.

Right now, Trump is threatening and in the process of killing 800,000 federal workers and their families. Why not kill a few immigrants to up the ante?

Congress has to authorize military action

Mexico is paying for the wall. Cheeto said so.

Mexico is paying for the wall. Cheeto said so.

I agree with this view. Let's just wait for the check from Mexico to arrive. I'm guessing they sent it third-class mail, which doesn't exist, which leads me to believe that perhaps the check doesn't exist, either.

Sorry. The U.S. doesn't use landmines anymore. Not outside of Korea. Come up with a different plan.

I've been advocating for this very plan for months now.

Nobody ever takes me seriously.

All we need is a little deterrence and the immigrants will get the hint that they're not wanted.

I agree with this view. Let's just wait for the check from Mexico to arrive. I'm guessing they sent it third-class mail, which doesn't exist, which leads me to believe that perhaps the check doesn't exist, either.

The Czech is in the male.
/

Congress has to authorize military action

Nope. Presidents take unilateral military action virtually every day. Congress can cut funding. That's all. If Trump already has $700 billion in the military budget, they can't say squat about what he does with it.

My point is if he's going to negotiate like a terrorist, he needs to let the Dems know he is willing to actually kill the enemy unless he gets what he wants. The peasants are the enemy, according to the president. He needs to kill some to make it clear he is serious.

Sorry. The U.S. doesn't use landmines anymore. Not outside of Korea. Come up with a different plan.

Why? Because it is "policy"? Trump can change the policy with an executive order.

i support waiting for them to pay for it until 2021.

Why is this only about Trump and not Pelosi too? TDS’er habits die hard, I guess.

Its a good deal. Pelosi wants the issue for 2020, and assumes the DACA population will somehow move the needle. She seems to have something to prove.

Nope. Presidents take unilateral military action virtually every day. Congress can cut funding. That's all. If Trump already has $700 billion in the military budget, they can't say squat about what he does with it.

My point is if he's going to negotiate like a terrorist, he needs to let the Dems know he is willing to actually kill the enemy unless he gets what he wants. The peasants are the enemy, according to the president. He needs to kill some to make it clear he is serious.

Only what was authorized under the AUMF

It's weird how non-military people think they can just sprinkle landmines anywhere.

Why is this only about Trump and not Pelosi too?

Because, unlike you, he is not trying to make dishonest posts. Rather, to issue some sardonic remarks.

You lot can tell all the stupid lies you want and posture with as many false "both sides" statements as you want, but the bottom line is that Trump threatened to do it, told them he was doing it, and said on tape that he owns the shutdown. He'd own it without saying it, but he actually did say that.

But then, clever old Trump, he commanded you to blame the Democrats. So you did. That's all that's going on here. :shrug:

Ok ok, there's a second thing going on in the background. That second thing is that your choir has really been starting to shrink. Shame on the human race for it taking so long, but that choir is getting smaller by the day. Shouldn't have existed, but hey. So the number of you people spouting these defensive lies and deflections keeps going down. No doubt the absence of speakers will be covered over with extra noise per speaker....

...Trump could begin to put well marked minefields all along the border....

You just can't rationalize the stupidity of the young Trump-ites

Presumably you mean the US side of the Mexican border...you know, the area on which US CITIZENS LIVE !!!!!!!

I've been advocating for this very plan for months now.

Nobody ever takes me seriously.

All we need is a little deterrence and the immigrants will get the hint that they're not wanted.

I wonder why? :roll:

Because, unlike you, he is not trying to make dishonest posts. Rather, to issue some sardonic remarks.

You lot can tell all the stupid lies you want and posture with as many false "both sides" statements as you want, but the bottom line is that Trump threatened to do it, told them he was doing it, and said on tape that he owns the shutdown. He'd own it without saying it, but he actually did say that.

But then, clever old Trump, he commanded you to blame the Democrats. So you did. That's all that's going on here. :shrug:

Ok ok, there's a second thing going on in the background. That second thing is that your choir has really been starting to shrink. Shame on the human race for it taking so long, but that choir is getting smaller by the day. Shouldn't have existed, but hey. So the number of you people spouting these defensive lies and deflections keeps going down. No doubt the absence of speakers will be covered over with extra noise per speaker....

I think you are way off base. Trump offered to “own” the shutdown because republicans and Trump will get blamed for it anyway. Pelosi offered Trump one dollar. Who is insincere, again? The bottom line is Pelosi needs the issue for 2020 and the more Trump chips away at it the less she has to talk about.

Compromise is the way democracy used to work, but Pelosi says “No” for reasons known only to her and her strategists, and that is the end of that and its Trumps fault. And as far as losing support, even if it is true its a long way until the next election.

I think you are way off base. Trump offered to “own” the shutdown because republicans and Trump will get blamed for it anyway. Pelosi offered Trump one dollar. Who is insincere, again? The bottom line is Pelosi needs the issue for 2020 and the more Trump chips away at it the less she has to talk about.

Compromise is the way democracy used to work, but Pelosi says “No” for reasons known only to her and her strategists, and that is the end of that and its Trumps fault. And as far as losing support, even if it is true its a long way until the next election.

No.....

There's nothing more to say and that is exactly why US Democracy is doomed. Reality is wrong if it doesn't agree with you (and no doubt you blame me for the same, wrongly)

You just can't rationalize the stupidity of the young Trump-ites

Presumably you mean the US side of the Mexican border...you know, the area on which US CITIZENS LIVE !!!!!!!

You don't get it.

Today Trump proposed "Give me 100% of what I want and I will give you a little of what you want."

Trump doesn't care about the U.S. citizens on the border. He doesn't give a tinker's damn about the federal workers. He will not give up or 'cave.' This is now about his ego, his image, his pride.

After Democrats explained their plan to pass measures funding the government -- including the Department of Homeland Security -- at least temporarily as negotiations continued, Schumer repeatedly asked Trump why he opposed that approach, the person familiar with the exchange said.
Eventually Schumer asked a third time for one reason Trump wouldn't accept the offer, and Trump responded: "I would look foolish if I did that."

The most important thing is Trump must not look foolish, and if that means the government never re-opens, so be it.

In "The Art of the Deal" Trump explains that you say whatever you have say to get the other side to give you what you want. The important thing is they must give you what you want FIRST, then you give whatever you promised if you're so inclined. The important thing is never give your side first.

Trump wants this win. The body count doesn't matter to him.

Back
Top Bottom