• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here's a thought concerned a raped woman...

I don't know that I can't list the laws your requesting. I'm too lazy to do the footwork.
well as far as i know they don't exist, ive read lots of info on the abortion laws you speak of and none grant rights to non persons (based on legality)
I know laws exist that protects the rights of the fetus. I just don't know the specific statutes.
and again i think thats your false interpretation of them and no new laws have been written that do what you say
For instance of you shoot a pregnant woman and the fetus dies, you are charged with that homicide. It is it's own separate charge. The law views that fetus as having a right to live that was interrupted. How can you see it any other way?
now you are talking OLD laws and not new laws which you claim exist

and NO, thats not what the "law" does and the reason it is seen that way (not by me but in reality) is because again your interpretation is wrong
It is NOT based on any right to live by "the fetus"
the laws out there are about the WOMAN's rights, and or loss or families loss

just like if you hit me in the head while i had say a cigarette in my mouth, i fall down and it catches my house on fire
you can be charged with various other crimes because my house burnt down but not because my house has rights its because you attacked me and what followed because of your attack

the fetus has not been given person status or have any rights under the new laws that you speak of that i have seen anywhere, and until that is provided theres no reason to think otherwise because it would be a massive thing

I don't know that I can't list the laws your requesting. I'm too lazy to do the footwork.
And so you get your information from anti-abortion propaganda which lies about abortion, the reasons for abortion, the methods of abortion, abortion statistics, women and their reasons for abortion, women's morality, and all the science of fetal development.
I know laws exist that protects the rights of the fetus. I just don't know the specific statues.
No laws protect the rights of the fetus. They criminalize the killing of a fetus. If there were laws protecting fetal rights every anti-abortion poster would be quoting those laws in every post. Have you seen any anti-abortion advocate post laws? No? Why do you think that is?
For instance of you shoot a pregnant woman and the fetus dies, you are charged with that homicide. It is it's own separate charge. The law views that fetus as having a right to live that was interrupted. How can you see it any other way?
In 2018, the Supreme Court ruled that the fetus' only inherent constitutionally protected right is the right to be born, overturning a High Court ruling that a fetus additionally possessed the children's rights guaranteed by Article 42A of the Constitution.
from Fetal rights - Wikipedia

And so you get your information from anti-abortion propaganda which lies about abortion, the reasons for abortion, the methods of abortion, abortion statistics, women and their reasons for abortion, women's morality, and all the science of fetal development.

No laws protect the rights of the fetus. They criminalize the killing of a fetus. If there were laws protecting fetal rights every anti-abortion poster would be quoting those laws in every post. Have you seen any anti-abortion advocate post laws? No? Why do you think that is?

In 2018, the Supreme Court ruled that the fetus' only inherent constitutionally protected right is the right to be born, overturning a High Court ruling that a fetus additionally possessed the children's rights guaranteed by Article 42A of the Constitution.
from Fetal rights - Wikipedia
The right to be born is a right.

Where I would like to see the abortion debate go is to argue WHAT, exactly, should be done to a rapist in such a situation? To me, it's not enough to charge him with rape, for which he faces life in prison, he should also face the charge of murder/manslaughter, for setting the chain of events in motion.
This is fraught with some slippery-slope legalities. The first to come to mind is a timely conviction of rape. Criminal trials are lengthy; the abortion window, limited. Second, if a woman chooses to abort prior to an acquittal from rape charges, does the mother, in turn get charged with murder?

Problematic.

then you'll have no problem with me calling abortion murder then? Good! Glad we reached this understanding :)

No. I have no problem with you calling abortion murder in a religious of your own or of your own moral context. In a legal context, by given definition of what is a legal abortion, abortion is not murder. So, do you believe that in a legal context, abortion within legal standard is murder? If you do, you're wrong. All evidence refutes such a claim, and you have no countering evidence that says otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom