• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Here's a party for everyone.

dstebbins

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
I was reading the list of parties in that thread that's floated, and I noticed the "We The People" party. The name intrigued me, so I took a look at the website. They support popular opinion, not party interests. They believe in initiative and referendum if the government gets too corrupt. They believe in public campaign finance, so that everyone can get an equal chance at getting office, not just the ones who raise the most money. They invite everyone, big or small, rich or poor, young or old. Check it out. You might find something you like.

http://www.wethepeople-wtp.org/

Popular opinion is not something you can always trust. Slavery was popularly supported once. So was torturing people until they confessed they were witches. Also, giving everyone an equal chance for everyone where free publicity is given out sounds just a tad like communism to me. Not saying that this party is bad, but there are some flaws in it's philosophy.

liberal1 said:
Popular opinion is not something you can always trust. Slavery was popularly supported once. So was torturing people until they confessed they were witches. Also, giving everyone an equal chance for everyone where free publicity is given out sounds just a tad like communism to me. Not saying that this party is bad, but there are some flaws in it's philosophy.
Yeah, the country wasn't founded on direct democracy and as the old saying goes: Democracy is like two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. It's a bad idea.

I also disagreed with a lot of their nannying ideals:
Universal Catastrophic Health Insurance:
we need catastrophic health insurance for all so that no one will be forced into bankruptcy or poverty, due to unexpected and expensive illness(es). In addition, we need Medicare coverage for prescription drugs, and incentives for preventative care and the prevention of illnesses, before curative medicine is required.
Of course, no mention on how to pay for it at all. (sorry Hillary, no.)
A Livable Wage and Full Employment
(And how are companies going to pay that? Raise the prices. Welcome to the world of inflation. :roll:

There's a reason why this is a republic rather than a democracy.

"The Public" is dumb as nails and does not deserve to decide everything.

Back
Top Bottom