• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here's a Horse Laugh

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Here's a horse laugh for all of you who thought that the US was a nation of laws:

horselaugh.JPG

Get used to it. It's not our government.

We are a nation of laws and that's why no charges were filed.

Here's a horse laugh for all of you who thought that the US was a nation of laws:

View attachment 67203757

Get used to it. It's not our government.

Sorry we do not change the way laws are applied to suit your agenda, if that is the sort of government you want then I want no part of it.

giphy.gif

Sorry we do not change the way laws are applied to suit your agenda, if that is the sort of government you want then I want no part of it.

Looks to me like you're wrong about that.

We are a nation of laws and that's why no charges were filed.

Extremely careless means that ordinarily charges would have been filed. This was highly sensitive information.

Looks to me like you're wrong about that.

Actually I was proven right about that, it is you that wants her treated differently, not I.

Extremely careless means that ordinarily charges would have been filed. This was highly sensitive information.

Wrong, in cases such as this no charges are or have been filed. Did you even listen to the Director of the FBI?

Wrong, in cases such as this no charges are or have been filed. Did you even listen to the Director of the FBI?

Petraeus was charged under 18 USC § 1924
§1924. Unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or material

(a) Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.

(b) For purposes of this section, the provision of documents and materials to the Congress shall not constitute an offense under subsection (a).

(c) In this section, the term “classified information of the United States” means information originated, owned, or possessed by the United States Government concerning the national defense or foreign relations of the United States that has been determined pursuant to law or Executive order to require protection against unauthorized disclosure in the interests of national security.

The question is whether Clinton knowingly did the same thing. According to Comey any "reasonable" person would have known that the practices Clinton used violated this code section yet she isn't being charged.

Here's the difference, Petraeus isn't Clinton.

I didn't hear the director but read a Reuters message. Do you have a link by any chance?
What I do know is that for negligent handling and removal there have been charges filed before. No case is identical to an other one, but here are some recent similars.
A Look at Federal Cases on Handling Classified Information | Political News | US News

And those cases were different and evn the Director addressed that issue. No one has had charges filed against them for this same issue. Is what it is.

Petraeus was charged under 18 USC § 1924

The question is whether Clinton knowingly did the same thing. According to Comey any "reasonable" person would have known that the practices Clinton used violated this code section yet she isn't being charged.

Here's the difference, Petraeus isn't Clinton.
The two cases are completely different and I know you are smart enough to know it so ...............

And those cases were different and evn the Director addressed that issue. No one has had charges filed against them for this same issue. Is what it is.

The Clinton case is very similar to the John Deutch case in which the defendant was pardoned even before and indictment could be issued. And who issued that preemptive pardon? Bill Clinton.

It's absurd to believe that someone in Clinton's position (or that of her staff) could unwittingly disseminated SAP information over an unsecured system. That kind of paperwork comes with so many strings attached that the only way to get it out of the system is "knowingly".

The same issue? Most of the examples are so close to being the "same issue" that it requires much better than that, if you don't want to further undermine the legitimacy of public order.

But the government can change them to suit their agenda.

The two cases are completely different and I know you are smart enough to know it so ...............

She was a lawyer, had been wife of the President in charge of government, when such things were of public interest, she was Senator and SoS and someone assumes she didn't know what it means to be negligent with classified material. That is as close to satire as it gets.

The government we put and keep in place, so the problem is really us.

I agree, and more of the same is on the way with Hillary. Trump doesn't come with a guarantee. No telling what would happen. I like that better.

No different than the bitter democrats who keep insisting Bush should have been brought up on war crimes. Same stink. Different [donkey].

I agree, and more of the same is on the way with Hillary. Trump doesn't come with a guarantee. No telling what would happen. I like that better.

Your Choice, I disagree that there is even a better way with the choices we have.

Back
Top Bottom