• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here's a fact you won't here on Fox news today

What is this left-wing obsession with stock buybacks? It's mentioned time and again as if they're per-se bad. You get the sense these folks think it's some form of embezzlement.
Stock by backs aren't bad in and of themselves, it's the circumstances in which they are sometimes done that's the problem.

If the Biden pukes wanted to reduce gas prices...which they don't...all they need to do is this:

• Permit the use of preexisting approved leases in ANWAR (Alaska) to put more volume into the Alaskan oil pipeline that is severely underutilized.
  • Finish the Dakota access pipeline.
  • Re-approve the preexisting energy leases in New Mexico, Arizona, NE Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico.
  • Retract the stoppage of the Keystone pipeline to permit efficient oil transport shipments from Canada.
  • Stop blocking the expansion of coastal oil refineries in Texas, Louisiana and Alabama (regulatory issue), as well as Northwest, Northeast and Southeast Seaboard.
  • Continue to develop natural gas as a clean burning fuel.
  • Drive Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) as an export.
There is plenty of capacity at the moment. the ,ain reason they aren't producing more oil is that they don't want to.

here's another link

It is all about throwing away millions in profits to artificially raise share prices to get more bonuses for the executives. We need to tax these windfall profits so they do not benefit from wars and killing. It is unamerican behavior.
CEO salary caps are desperately needed.

Financial is at a whopping 23.8% net profit - yet I don't hear anyone complaining about them.
Then you haven't been paying attention.

However, that's not the topic here.

Robert Rapier
"Yes, inflation has driven oil company profits to very high levels. But just two years ago, those companies lost $76 billion for market dynamics that are the opposite of what they are today."

Inflation doesn't drive profits up, it drives them down.

Do you see the problem here?

Not embezzlement, no, but it demonstrates the true results of all these policies right wingers claim will "boost the economy" or "create jobs." We hand piles of cash to big corporations, we bend over backwards to give them special tax breaks, and the result is not "more jobs." The result is "more profits" which ends up used like this. Pumping up stock prices and boosting the personal wealth of the investors, often at taxpayer expense.

Anyone who has ever run a business knows that you don't just hire more people because you happen to have more cash in your bank account. Demand creates jobs, not tax breaks.
And what creates more demand than giving poor/average people more money to spend?

And what creates more demand than giving poor/average people more money to spend?
Give a rich man a thousand bucks and he'll say thank you and add it to his stash. Give a poor man a thousand bucks and he'll say thank you and take it out to circulate in the local economy.

It has to do with why oil is $130 bbl.

How could you not understand that?
Because Jen Jen and Biden told us the amount of oil we produce in the US has absolutely no effect of the price on the world market. Are you calling them liars?

Yes the free market is good. It should not be the role of government to provide health care.
Why not? They pay the police to protect you. Why not healthcare to protect you like other first world countries.

It's just humorous to watch some people be satisfied with price gouging for corps and gain nothing from it, but scoff at paying for a more affordable healthcare system when the majority of America keeps asking for it.

Priorities I guess.

Because Jen Jen and Biden told us the amount of oil we produce in the US has absolutely no effect of the price on the world market. Are you calling them liars?
I'm thinking that's not what they said.

Can you please specify what a "Biden puke" is?
Sure.

His puppet masters who don't give a shit about the suffering they cause Americans.

That chart says Biden was "installed" in november of 2020.
Depending on the source language I guess. November 2020 is when Biden was declared the winner of that election.
That he was, everyone in the petroleum industry already knew what was coming. Biden didn't make any secret of it.

Sure.

His puppet masters who don't give a shit about the suffering they cause Americans.
Pretty much describes everyone in the political elite class in permanent Washington DC, or at least so it seems.

That chart says Biden was "installed" in november of 2020.
Depending on the source language I guess. November 2020 is when Biden was declared the winner of that election.

Pretty much describes everyone in the political elite class in permanent Washington DC, or at least so it seems.
Not just the political Elites. The entire Obama administration that is pulling the Biden puppet strings.

Inflation doesn't drive profits up, it drives them down.

Do you see the problem here?

Robert Rapier made that statement and I am sure he's open to entertaining your argument.
He's a really nice guy so, as I say to all, please use good taste.
I am lucky to know him.

There's your reason for record high gas prices, guys.

Wow, call the crybaby police. $46B in profits on $600B in assets. It's like highway robbery.

Feel free to go start a company of your own and sell your product for less than market price.

What do you propose that oil companies do with their profits?

Back
Top Bottom