• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here we go: "Texas woman charged with murder for ‘self-induced abortion’"

Women. Are you watching?

"Herrera remains in the custody of the Starr County Sheriff’s Office at this time on a $500,000 bond."

Please don't tell me that the democrats on this forum are in favor of women performing an abortion on themselves and should not be illegal? If so, damn this is some weird shite.

Charges dismissed.

Please don't tell me that the democrats on this forum are in favor of women performing an abortion on themselves and should not be illegal? If so, damn this is some weird shite.

The woman took a pill and was charged with murder, so yeah, I'm against the idea.

She was charged partially because she sought out the help of a hospital afterwards (something I don't believe we should be discouraging).

The woman took a pill and was charged with murder, so yeah, I'm against the idea.

She was charged partially because she sought out the help of a hospital afterwards (something I don't believe we should be discouraging).
So that's it then? We know now that it was the abortion pill she used?

Wow, if only there was a safer way to have an abortion.
Exactly. This is the crazy kind of shit the RW is creating with all these new restrictive abortion laws. It's going to look worse than the 1700s before long.

T
All good questions. The radius of Texas’s new laws is extremely nebulous and deeply unsettling.
Texas may as well just concede because it's not looking very much like it belongs to America.

And who says this?....how far along in the pregnancy?....and is it legal in Texas to do so?

Yes, I'm watching. If you do something to harm your unborn human, why shouldn't you be charged with something?

Is that to include smoking, drinking or driving without a seatbelt? Seems pretty overbearing for a group of people who claim to be about smaller government influence in our lives.

Awaiting for more information on this case.....they have not released if it was her baby of if she assisted another woman to perform the abortion. See that they dropped the charges in Texas, so the baby must of been six weeks or earlier along to be released. Damn shame either way.....to think a major political party is supporting the murder of unborn children is sickening, imo.

And who says this?....how far along in the pregnancy?....and is it legal in Texas to do so?

The murder statutes do not apply. She has been released after the stunt.

The murder statutes do not apply. She has been released after the stunt.

Oh, it's a stunt now, huh? Yeah we know, it's okay to suck the brains out of unborn children, cut them asunder, then turn around and sell their body parts for a profit....got it.

Oh, it's a stunt now, huh? Yeah we know, it's okay to suck the brains out of unborn children, cut them asunder, then turn around and sell their body parts for a profit....got it.

Yes, charging someone with murder for having an abortion is a stunt.

The DA correctly stated that it was "not a criminal matter."

Exactly. This is the crazy kind of shit the RW is creating with all these new restrictive abortion laws. It's going to look worse than the 1700s before long.
Regressive, the RW in a nutshell

Have a Negroni. Have two

All good questions. The radius of Texas’s new laws is extremely nebulous and deeply unsettling.

The new law ironically exempts pregnant women from criminality with regard to abortion.

The new law ironically exempts pregnant women from criminality with regard to abortion.
Yup. It was done to prevent stories like this

Yes, charging someone with murder for having an abortion is a stunt.

The DA correctly stated that it was "not a criminal matter."

Then according to Texas law, the baby must of been less than six weeks along....if that makes you feel better. Awaiting for more information on this matter.

Yup. It was done to prevent stories like this

So, this is a story about some folks aren't even competent in how to apply their own regressive laws.

Then according to Texas law, the baby must of been less than six weeks along....if that makes you feel better.

Nope, pregnant women are specifically exempted from criminality with regard to their own abortions.

Nope, pregnant women are specifically exempted from criminality with regard to abortions.

Lol, so a pregnant mother can't go to a clinic to have an abortion after six weeks along, but can kill the baby herself and it's all okay dokey?

Women. Are you watching?

"Herrera remains in the custody of the Starr County Sheriff’s Office at this time on a $500,000 bond."

The charges were dropped as it was deemed not a criminal matter. No the world's not coming to an end dogs and cats aren't getting married. It was probably just the work of an activist prosecutor.

I don't know why this is a problem but maliciously prosecuting rittenhouse wasn't.

Lol, so a pregnant mother can't go to a clinic to have an abortion after six weeks along, but can kill the baby herself and it's all okay dokey?

With regard to the State of Texas and criminal charges.

Maybe folks like you can have that changed so that you can hang them or something?

Then according to Texas law, the baby must of been less than six weeks along....if that makes you feel better. Awaiting for more information on this matter.
Blame Texas and their half-assed law. Maybe you feel better

Back
Top Bottom