• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here is your Orwellian CDC and you trust them on Covid??

You don't understand what "Orwellian" is. It is a totalitarian government taking the accepted meaning of words and just saying it doesn't mean what it says but what the government says the words and intent is.

disease is defined as: a condition of the living animal or plant body or of one of its parts that impairs normal functioning and is typically manifested by distinguishing signs and symptoms : sickness, malady.

But to the CDC, disease COULD be a gun or a person using a gun or someone owning a gun, or firing a gun. In this manner, the CDC just claims power that they don't have, so that their agency and salaries can grow and grow and they can become more needed and important.

This same agency feels their agency should be able to tell you and I what terms to use for certain people, and I am having extreme difficulty why ANY agency would need to do this.
A prisoner is not a prisoner. He is a temporarily ins=disposed citizen. This is exactly what George Orwell was talking about. The redefinition of language to mean whatever government says and wants it to mean for the sole purpose of control of the populace.

So, if the ATF were studying these things you wouldn't be mad?

Why do you hate our government it's institutions/agencies so? You also hate over 60 % of your fellow countrymen.

I have never read so much as one positive thing from you about anything government. Do you not like your standard of living?

If you are so disturbed by EVERYTHING, why don't you move?

My guess, you have no clue how nice this government you hate has done for your life quality. What that 60 plus % has done to enrich your life.
The only government agency that USED TO BE good is the military. Now even they are woke.

So, if the ATF were studying these things you wouldn't be mad?
I still would be. Their job isn't to be psychologists. it is to confiscate illegal weapons from criminals.

I still would be. Their job isn't to be psychologists. it is to confiscate illegal weapons from criminals.

So there's no Federal agency you believe should try and understand the causes of gun violence?

You don't understand what "Orwellian" is. It is a totalitarian government taking the accepted meaning of words and just saying it doesn't mean what it says but what the government says the words and intent is.

disease is defined as: a condition of the living animal or plant body or of one of its parts that impairs normal functioning and is typically manifested by distinguishing signs and symptoms : sickness, malady.

But to the CDC, disease COULD be a gun or a person using a gun or someone owning a gun, or firing a gun. In this manner, the CDC just claims power that they don't have, so that their agency and salaries can grow and grow and they can become more needed and important.

This same agency feels their agency should be able to tell you and I what terms to use for certain people, and I am having extreme difficulty why ANY agency would need to do this.
A prisoner is not a prisoner. He is a temporarily ins=disposed citizen. This is exactly what George Orwell was talking about. The redefinition of language to mean whatever government says and wants it to mean for the sole purpose of control of the populace.
Wasn't it the CDC that declared private property rights null and void with their eviction ban?

Temporary Protection from Eviction

Changing what words mean?
“The C.D.C. has imposed a nationwide moratorium on evictions in reliance on a decades-old statute that authorizes it to implement measures like fumigation and pest extermination,” the opinion said. “It strains credulity to believe that this statute grants the C.D.C. the sweeping authority that it asserts.”​
SCOTUS will have none of it.

It all looks and sounds rather Orwellian, that a federal agency has, or believes it has, the power to curtail people's private property rights like this.

Some people think 1984is a tear-jerker love story of how the hero government saved the damsel in distress and swept her off her feet and carried her to his castle in the sky. So handsome was he, the government, and so needy and fearful was she <sigh>
The CDC and these studies are not mentioned in that book.

I think I may have figured out the rationale behind the CDC and most of those who support the crazy CDC dictates - It's Trump!
If Trump says up, these idiots MUST say down - If Trump says we don't all need to get masked the CDC and its nutty leaders MUST say we all HAVE to wear masks. Anything Trump says MUST be refuted and proven to be false by the hacks - no matter how senseless - their mental illness dictates that they MUST oppose Trump on anything he says and against all of his policies.

When the hacks fail because of their anti-Trump positions, they invariably blame Trump. It's a mental illness called Trump Derangement Syndrome.
TDS actually refers to those who blindly follow the jackass despite all his lies, conspiracy theories, and incompetence.

So there's no Federal agency you believe should try and understand the causes of gun violence?
What do you mean by "understand" gun violence? You need to know why someone shoots a gun? Really? An agency of a thousand plus people needs to get together to determine how a gun works?

OMFG

Wasn't it the CDC that declared private property rights null and void with their eviction ban?

Temporary Protection from Eviction

Changing what words mean?
“The C.D.C. has imposed a nationwide moratorium on evictions in reliance on a decades-old statute that authorizes it to implement measures like fumigation and pest extermination,” the opinion said. “It strains credulity to believe that this statute grants the C.D.C. the sweeping authority that it asserts.”​
SCOTUS will have none of it.

It all looks and sounds rather Orwellian, that a federal agency has, or believes it has, the power to curtail people's private property rights like this.
My son and stepson both own rental property and the former got screwed out of 8 months rent and had to take the guy to court and the latter now only rents through air B&B because one tenant only paid half the rent on the fake argument of"Covid" used as an excuse more than Biden blames Trump. THIS perfectly illustrates the mentality of the left which is that entrepreneurs should willingly help out a tenant or anyone else because (fill in the blanks) .. never mind that they worked their asses off getting rental property and sacrificed and saved and did without. They should be good guys and forego rent.

The world is effing crazy right now. My son lost 20 grand and not one leftist here gives a damn.

The CDC and these studies are not mentioned in that book.
They weren't in eistence. Orwell was a prophet more accurate than any bible prophet ever hoped to be.

What do you mean by "understand" gun violence? You need to know why someone shoots a gun? Really? An agency of a thousand plus people needs to get together to determine how a gun works?

OMFG

Understanding a problem is helpful to mitigating a problem. It's... strange that I have to explain this. Understanding the root causes of gun violence can provide clues as to how to reduce gun violence.

You... thought I was talking about the mechanical function of a firearm? You thought I was saying this was a mystery? Very strange interpretation you have. Are you sure this is what you would like me to believe? You want me to think you misinterpreted my posts this absurdly?

I tell ya, the right wing love of self-humiliation confuses me. But hey, people like what they like. I don't kink shame.

They weren't in eistence. Orwell was a prophet more accurate than any bible prophet ever hoped to be.

You seem to be unaware that the CDC's legal mandate is not strictly limited to "disease." I know, the word appears in their name. That can be confusing to some.

The reason they stopped researching gun violence a few decades ago was NRA lobbying.

The world is effing crazy right now. My son lost 20 grand and not one leftist here gives a damn.

And the people who lost their job through no fault of their own? You don't give a damn about them?

Homelessness is a death spiral. We should be doing everything we can to prevent it.

There are programs to help your son. The Trump administration handled them terribly, and yet you direct no wrath towards him.

And the people who lost their job through no fault of their own? You don't give a damn about them?
Due to government mandated shutdown? The one that the science didn't really support? (COVID results from states that soon lifted shutdowns) That government mandated shutdown?
Homelessness is a death spiral. We should be doing everything we can to prevent it.

There are programs to help your son. The Trump administration handled them terribly, and yet you direct no wrath towards him.
You are confused as to which administration's CDC declared the 'Temporary Protection from Eviction'. Here's a hint: It wasn't Trump's.

TDS actually refers to those who blindly follow the jackass despite all his lies, conspiracy theories, and incompetence.

Incompetence?? Like leaving Americans in Afghanistan after failing to make one proper move to ensure a more orderly transition. Or maybe like leaving the southern border wide open to allow covid diseased and criminal illegal aliens into the USA. Or maybe a 5.4% inflation rate. Or maybe a 40% increase in the cost of gasoline. Or maybe for blaming all of Bidens screwups on Trump.

In spite of all of the back stabbing and malfeasance from elitist RINO's like Pence and self important bureaucrats like Sessions or Barr or all of the rest of the anti-Trump pols and bureaucrats., President Trump actually got things done - from record low unemployment to record breaking stock market highs, to renogotiated trade treaties that favored America, to tax breaks that favored the working American family to reigning in new bureaucratic regulations and bureaucratic red tape to brining back American manufacturing to exposing the fake news and deep state and uncaring elitist politicians.

If Biden were half the jackass Trump was, the USA would be the number one super power instead of the number one super joke.

In ending, I find the hypocrisy ammusing as these people prefer Biden and his many screwups over the competence and focus on US interests of Trump.

Due to government mandated shutdown? The one that the science didn't really support? (COVID results from states that soon lifted shutdowns) That government mandated shutdown?
So... am I reading that your stance is "screw those people?"

You are confused as to which administration's CDC declared the 'Temporary Protection from Eviction'. Here's a hint: It wasn't Trump's.
You are confused as to what program I'm talking about. You're not aware there's rent programs for landlords who aren't getting paid? Weird. How did you miss that?

Or maybe like leaving the southern border wide open to allow covid diseased and criminal illegal aliens into the USA.
So covid isn't "the sniffles?"

So... am I reading that your stance is "screw those people?"
That'd be a case of you reading in what you wanted to read in and not what was posted.

That'd be a case of you reading in what you wanted to read in and not what was posted.

Ok, so you agree then that these people deserve some help. After all, it was that dastardly government that caused the problem.

can you guys stop bumping this thread. it has so much misinformation that it could cause more Americans to die.

Understanding a problem is helpful to mitigating a problem. It's... strange that I have to explain this. Understanding the root causes of gun violence can provide clues as to how to reduce gun violence.

You... thought I was talking about the mechanical function of a firearm? You thought I was saying this was a mystery? Very strange interpretation you have. Are you sure this is what you would like me to believe? You want me to think you misinterpreted my posts this absurdly?

I tell ya, the right wing love of self-humiliation confuses me. But hey, people like what they like. I don't kink shame.
It is NOT the CDCs duty to find out why people kill. People kill for a variety of reasons.....money, anger, because BLM, because they are Antifa. What is it the CDC is going to do with this material? Write a book?

It is NOT the CDCs duty to find out why people kill. People kill for a variety of reasons.....money, anger, because BLM, because they are Antifa. What is it the CDC is going to do with this material? Write a book?

Your opinion on the CDC's mandate isn't interesting to anyone. Stomp your feet all you want, cry all you want, you disagreeing with the research doesn't make it "Orwellian." You personally having no clue how that information could be useful doesn't mean it's not useful. You need to realize some day that just because you don't personally understand doesn't mean it's wrong.

Ok, so you agree then that these people deserve some help. After all, it was that dastardly government that caused the problem.
Sure. The government caused damage to people.

But it would also be the onus of the government to impose shutdown for as short a period as possible and to lift them as soon as possible, as well as when they proved themselves to be ineffective at containment. There are State governments and State governors who did none of these things.

You seem to be unaware that the CDC's legal mandate is not strictly limited to "disease." I know, the word appears in their name. That can be confusing to some.

The reason they stopped researching gun violence a few decades ago was NRA lobbying.
I am aware of that. But just because congress changes the rules doesn't make it right. The gun control freaks are doing everything they can to stop anyone from having a gun and they want to get a reason(s) to stop people from buying them.

Trump has nothing to do with the tyrannical CDC mandating this in defiance of the law and having to be slapped down. There is NO money for my son's lost rent or tens of thousands of other property owners.

Back
Top Bottom