• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here is why a Trump Presidency Horrifies Historians

JackA

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Approximating the undesirability of a Clinton presidency to the undesirability of a Trump presidency is a big mistake and a cop out. Hillary Clinton is a conventional politician, almost a centrist on policy, with vast experience. Very unlikely she would be a catastrophe in the White House. You can't say the same about Trump. Hear Ken Burns, David McCullough, et al:

Here's Why Donald Trump Is Horrifying, According To Historians

Approximating the undesirability of a Clinton presidency to the undesirability of a Trump presidency is a big mistake and a cop out. Hillary Clinton is a conventional politician, almost a centrist on policy, with vast experience. Very unlikely she would be a catastrophe in the White House. You can't say the same about Trump. Hear Ken Burns, David McCullough, et al:

Tonight at 11: Liberal Professors Believe Liberal Things!

Stay tuned after for our special: Bears, Do They Really Poop In The Woods?

Food for thought: Why are these leading historians all liberals. If they are.

Rain hits town; Is the sky really falling?

Why wouldn't a liberal professor support a liberal like Trump?

Why wouldn't a liberal professor support a liberal like Trump?

A lot of modern liberalism (especially among the educated elite) isn't so much ideological as it is tribal. The Right Sort know, believe, and say The Right Things, which are The Right Things, because they're being said by The Right Sort.

Generally speaking, people spend more time figuring out what they like to watch for TV than questioning their assumptions.

This particular "liberal" appears to be a fan of Eisenhower, Reagan, and Bush I, as well as of Kennedy and Teddy Roosevelt.

This particular "liberal" appears to be a fan of Eisenhower, Reagan, and Bush I, as well as of Kennedy and Teddy Roosevelt.
It's easy for cons to dismiss anything they don't like or agree with. Just label it liberal and they get a free pass to ignore it based on their perception of what liberal means.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Because they live in a bubble where they have never been challenged to think outside of the box. They also have never had to deal with the real world as they are consistently dealing with young adults who are either too stupid to think differently or are afraid of having their grades lowered if they step out of line.

Washington Times, huh? LOL

Yet even a broken clock can be correct.....

Beyond their findings on discrimination, the pair determined that while conservatives are minorities in their field, they are not statistically negligible: About 40 percent of respondents identified themselves as moderate or conservative on economic issues, while 30 percent did so on foreign policy issues. The widest divide occurs on social issues, the contested terrain in the culture wars shaking the academy. On these contentious issues, 90 percent identified as liberal and only 4 percent as conservative.
So much for that stupid meme.

Wait until Trump is the nominee, and see what he directs against Hillary. And Bill. I would be frightened if I were them. Ask low-energy Jeb or Little Marco how they fared under the Trump attack machine.

Franklin D. Roosevelt once said, "I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made." Donald Trump is the enemy of both the GOP establishment and the Democratic Party, but for different reasons. It means not only that he is doing something right, but also that the left fears him – not because he will destroy the Republican Party, but because he will destroy the Democrats. Based on policy, the Democrats should embrace him, especially if he is a liberal Democrat, as the Powerline Blog asserts, but instead they fear him because he can and likely will defeat their true liberal candidate, Hillary Clinton.

Articles: Leftists don't hate Donald Trump. They are afraid of him.

i think this guy had it right months ago

hit piece after hit piece just rolls off him

and the polls continue to change in his favor

scary isnt it?

It's easy for cons to dismiss anything they don't like or agree with. Just label it liberal and they get a free pass to ignore it based on their perception of what liberal means.

Its east to dismiss because it is normally full of lunacy.

Washington Times, huh? LOL

:) Actually in this case, when polled, fully a third of professors admitted that they discriminate against conservatives.

:) Actually in this case, when polled, fully a third of professors admitted that they discriminate against conservatives.

And the reverse is undoubtedly true too so your point is? Birds of a feather stick together?

And the reverse is undoubtedly true too so your point is?

Not really. Conservatives don't even make up a third of the Academy - they are more like 5 to 7%. Nor (that I have seen) have they ever polled as willingly discriminating against liberals in the hiring process.

Not really. Conservatives don't even make up a third of the Academy - they are more like 5 to 7%. Nor (that I have seen) have they ever polled as willingly discriminating against liberals in the hiring process.

Even your slanted link states that 40% of respondents identified as Conservative at least on economic issues and I don't need a poll to know that they are at least as likely to discriminate against liberals. This is just typical Con whining and false martyrdom.

Even your slanted link states that 40% of respondents identified as Conservative at least on economic issues and I don't need a poll to know that they are at least as likely to discriminate against liberals.

So..... you got nothing. noted.

The historian in the OP video is not a "liberal", or at least his comments don't reflect any reasonable definition of "liberal."

Trump is not a "conservative", not under any reasonable definition of the term "conservative."

The only way to support the nonsense that "Oh, the prof is just a liberal who hates conservatives" is to assert that Trump is a Republican, and therefore a conservative and the prof is against Trump, and therefore a liberal.

So, by all means, let's just label what we don't like as "liberal" and turn the thinking machine off altogether. Never mind that we've never even defined the term.

McCullough cites character as being the most important trait for a president to possess, then goes on to use Kennedy as an example. :roll:

That's too bad. I hate discrimination.

Back
Top Bottom