• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here is a blessing for the coming year: 20 + C + M + B + 21

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It is a blessing from Caspar & Melchior & Balthasar.

I hope you know these three! :)

Champagne bottles?

20 + C + M + B + 20

Who has got this writing on his front door?

38 views so far

About the Sternsinger custom:

Although the Sternsinger custom dates back to the 16th century, in modern times (since 1959) the custom in German-speaking Europe has become a charitable, fundraising event. Officially known as Aktion Dreikönigssingen (“Operation Three Kings Singing”) in Germany, the annual event is sponsored by the Catholic church and Catholic youth organizations. Most of the participants are young people (boys and girls) who dress in costumes resembling what the Magi supposedly wore when they visited the baby Jesus. With the leader carrying a star, the costumed Star Singers walk from house to house and sing special traditional Star Singer carols. At each stop they also solicit donations for various childrens’ charities in Germany and abroad, as well as programs to end hunger in parts of the world. In Catholic regions, especially in rural areas or in smaller towns, the Star Singers may also inscribe the C+M+B house-blessing inscriptions mentioned above.

https://www.german-way.com/history-...-celebrations/christmas/epiphany-sternsinger/

What they forgot to mention here: One of the "Sternsingers" is usually black.
Now this has come under an idiotic attack - extremely "correct" people call this racism. :rolleyes:

Are there no "Sternsingers" in the US? :)

I will remind you on January 6th 2021

Those were characters from cronotrigger, right?

What is a cronotrigger?

Back
Top Bottom