• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Here Are The Facts

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Ok, let's see, we might be royally screwed.

First let's talk about Obama. Let's see what he changed....Hmm.....Oh yeah! He's pushing for a healthcare bill that isn't even socialized medicine. No, all it does is FORCE people to pay for health insurance. It would make sense if it was offering free healthcare but no. Ok enough about that. Let's move to the "War on Terror." So Obama has decided to continue escalating the war on a human emotion. So I guess when the sensation of terror is no longer around, we can leave the Middle East right? Also, Obama is a fascist. He actually had a website launched where he encouraged people to report rumors about him. New KGB? I think yes. And finally, he is going to approve a bill called the National Defense Authorization Act which will turn this country into a military dictatorship. So we can't vote for him.

But the GOP is no better. It is filled with insane right wing extremists who want to turn this country into a conservative Christian dystopia. Yeah, yeah, like we really need another old white man in office too, *cough* Newt Gingrich *cough*. And heaven forbid if a tea partier was nominated! Those people are hell-bent on spreading social conservative ideology even though they claim to only being concerned with fiscal policies. I'm sorry but we do NOT need any more ignorance in this country than we already have. These idiots can't fix the economy anymore than stupid Obama can. These people are dangerous extremists who need to be kept out of office.

So, the solution? Vote third party, preferably libertarian. Now, I am totally leftist and don't agree with their economic policies but libertarians at least will kill the looming totalitarian state that this nation is becoming. I'm serious, the U.S. is about to become even more fascist than it already is if we allow Obama or the GOP to be in office. We need to kill this Democrat-Republican dictatorship and give the other guys a chance. A libertarian candidate will hopefully eliminate the government's fascist restrictions of personal choice and stop things like the National Defense Authorization Act and the strengthening of the military industrial complex. So, please I'm begging you. If you want to save this country, do NOT vote for Obama or the GOP.

Ok, let's see, we might be royally screwed.

First let's talk about Obama. Let's see what he changed....Hmm.....Oh yeah! He's pushing for a healthcare bill that isn't even socialized medicine. No, all it does is FORCE people to pay for health insurance. It would make sense if it was offering free healthcare but no. Ok enough about that. Let's move to the "War on Terror." So Obama has decided to continue escalating the war on a human emotion. So I guess when the sensation of terror is no longer around, we can leave the Middle East right? Also, Obama is a fascist. He actually had a website launched where he encouraged people to report rumors about him. New KGB? I think yes. And finally, he is going to approve a bill called the National Defense Authorization Act which will turn this country into a military dictatorship. So we can't vote for him.

But the GOP is no better. It is filled with insane right wing extremists who want to turn this country into a conservative Christian dystopia. Yeah, yeah, like we really need another old white man in office too, *cough* Newt Gingrich *cough*. And heaven forbid if a tea partier was nominated! Those people are hell-bent on spreading social conservative ideology even though they claim to only being concerned with fiscal policies. I'm sorry but we do NOT need any more ignorance in this country than we already have. These idiots can't fix the economy anymore than stupid Obama can. These people are dangerous extremists who need to be kept out of office.

So, the solution? Vote third party, preferably libertarian. Now, I am totally leftist and don't agree with their economic policies but libertarians at least will kill the looming totalitarian state that this nation is becoming. I'm serious, the U.S. is about to become even more fascist than it already is if we allow Obama or the GOP to be in office. We need to kill this Democrat-Republican dictatorship and give the other guys a chance. A libertarian candidate will hopefully eliminate the government's fascist restrictions of personal choice and stop things like the National Defense Authorization Act and the strengthening of the military industrial complex. So, please I'm begging you. If you want to save this country, do NOT vote for Obama or the GOP.

orly.jpg

So we vote for Gary Johnson?

These aren't facts, they are your opinions backed up by no data.
In my opinion, if you want to save the country we need to institutionalize a universal healthcare system while reforming social programs and drastically cutting government spending in virtually all areas. We need to pay back our debt and stop running a deficit. We need to lower taxes on corporations and remove some of the regulations that halt economic growth. We need to trim down the bureaucracies and allow states to have more say in what goes on in their state. We need to allow the nation to utilize our natural resources like oil and natural gas while moving towards clean renewable energy. We need to do a lot of things.

Obama is a complete and utter failure. The things I support within the Democratic platform did not come to fruition under his leadership and complete monopoly of power within the government. He has raised the debt substantially and his vision for America and economic recovery does not match up with mine. I will most likely be voting for the GOP candidate because in this time that is what the country needs.

I'll certainly be voting Gary Johnson :D

And Digsbe, yes they are my opinions, and they are actually supported by facts. Not all of it, I admit, and yes it is obviously biased too. Yes, Obama is a complete failure I totally agree. But voting GOP probably won't make things much better. Might as well go for third party.

I'll certainly be voting Gary Johnson :D

And Digsbe, yes they are my opinions, and they are actually supported by facts. Not all of it, I admit, and yes it is obviously biased too. Yes, Obama is a complete failure I totally agree. But voting GOP probably won't make things much better. Might as well go for third party.

Realistically a third party will not win, voting for one won't make much of an impact.

Why do you feel that the GOP won't make things much better? In your post all I saw was that you dislike social conservative values and that this is the reason for not voting GOP. What about their economic platform do you dislike?

Realistically a third party will not win, voting for one won't make much of an impact.

Why do you feel that the GOP won't make things much better? In your post all I saw was that you dislike social conservative values and that this is the reason for not voting GOP. What about their economic platform do you dislike?

Well economically, I dislike the fact that they want to cut taxes on corporations and that they do not support proportionate taxes based on income level. They call it "class warfare." Oh yeah, like it totally makes sense to make the wealthy people pay less while the struggling middle and working class pays more. That's absolutely ridiculous. That's the main problem I have with the GOP's purely economic standpoints.

These aren't facts, they are your opinions backed up by no data.
In my opinion, if you want to save the country we need to institutionalize a universal healthcare system while reforming social programs and drastically cutting government spending in virtually all areas. We need to pay back our debt and stop running a deficit. We need to lower taxes on corporations and remove some of the regulations that halt economic growth. We need to trim down the bureaucracies and allow states to have more say in what goes on in their state. We need to allow the nation to utilize our natural resources like oil and natural gas while moving towards clean renewable energy. We need to do a lot of things.

Obama is a complete and utter failure. The things I support within the Democratic platform did not come to fruition under his leadership and complete monopoly of power within the government. He has raised the debt substantially and his vision for America and economic recovery does not match up with mine. I will most likely be voting for the GOP candidate because in this time that is what the country needs.

I agree with much of this (not entirely on some of the specific policies, but in general). I only fear that the GOP candidate could be someone who would be worse than Obama (Bachmann, Paul, Perry). If it's Mitt, I'm voting for him for sure.

I agree with much of this (not entirely on some of the specific policies, but in general). I only fear that the GOP candidate could be someone who would be worse than Obama (Bachmann, Paul, Perry). If it's Mitt, I'm voting for him for sure.

I share the same concern. I personally support Mitt Romney for the presidency, I wouldn't be upset if Newt got it either. I dislike Perry, I think he is a swindler and has a big head. Bachmann is not ready for a presidential position and I feel that she is more of a cheerleader for conservatism like Sarah Palin. Ron Paul... Don't get me started on him :lol: In all honesty I think that either Romney or Newt will win the GOP nomination.

Well economically, I dislike the fact that they want to cut taxes on corporations and that they do not support proportionate taxes based on income level. They call it "class warfare." Oh yeah, like it totally makes sense to make the wealthy people pay less while the struggling middle and working class pays more. That's absolutely ridiculous. That's the main problem I have with the GOP's purely economic standpoints.

Fair enough, thank you for expanding. I do disagree with this though. I am in favor of slightly raising taxes on the mega wealthy, but it is not within the GOP platform to raise taxes on the middle class. We have one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world, the path to economic recovery will be in reviving the private sector. Public sector jobs that are a net drain on the government coffers will only bring us further into debt, we need to cut spending and cut the corporate tax rate to allow the private sector to grow and use more of their money to invest back into their business.

I share the same concern. I personally support Mitt Romney for the presidency, I wouldn't be upset if Newt got it either. I dislike Perry, I think he is a swindler and has a big head. Bachmann is not ready for a presidential position and I feel that she is more of a cheerleader for conservatism like Sarah Palin. Ron Paul... Don't get me started on him :lol: In all honesty I think that either Romney or Newt will win the GOP nomination.

Fair enough, thank you for expanding. I do disagree with this though. I am in favor of slightly raising taxes on the mega wealthy, but it is not within the GOP platform to raise taxes on the middle class. We have one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world, the path to economic recovery will be in reviving the private sector. Public sector jobs that are a net drain on the government coffers will only bring us further into debt, we need to cut spending and cut the corporate tax rate to allow the private sector to grow and use more of their money to invest back into their business.

Yeah, sorry, I see now that I didn't offer much explanation before that. Well you certainly have some good points, I agree with alot of what you said in one of your previous posts, but I don't entirely agree. I think that corporate CEO's have plenty of money to invest into their businesses and hire people. The problem is the private banks. They are basically the root of the issue including the Fed. Reserve. But of course, in this country a centralized bank is probably out of the question so I'm not too hopeful on that.

Back
Top Bottom