• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here are the 46 people whose sentences Obama just commuted[W:153]

Re: Here are the 46 people whose sentences Obama just commuted

WOW............:roll:

Sounds like this poster may have a drug dealer of their own...

If you read the article you statement is a lie. The majority of the offenders wr were busted for crack (cocaine base). Crack dates back to almost 40 years ago.

And if you got busted for an ounce of crack you got the mandatory minimum for 100 ounces of cocaine.

Really, look it up.

Jeesh you liberals are odd.... you seem more interested in gun laws that hurt people like me than those who are actually committing crimes while in possession of a gun.

I support fully the 2nd.

I also support the idea that it's an aggravating circumstance to be in possession of a gun while engaged in felonious actions. that has nothing to do with the 2nd.

See you folks want to make it difficult for guys like me to get a gun, but guys like this? the fact they were carrying a gun is no big deal to you.

Like I have always believed just having a gun makes you violent and I can see that you agree. The 4 who had guns were not non-violent felons because they possessed guns.

Perhaps you believe Bernie Madoff should be released as well.

Marc Rich was basically a traitor to his country and an embezzler and fraud - but I suppose, to some, that's no big deal. Who knows how many people his actions on behalf of Iraq and Israel ended up killing.

If you are going to make a comparison, it has to be apples with apples.

The people being released here are violent criminals and you can't say the Rich deal is worse.

The people being released here are violent criminals and you can't say the Rich deal is worse.

How do you figure?

I know of a guy who ran afoul of federal felon in possession laws.

Short version a federal felon was called by mutual friends about another friend who lived next door to them. He was drunk, distraught and had a handgun out. The felon talked to him, got the gun away from him and gave it to the neighbors, specifically because he was forbidden to be in possession. Later in the evening the drunk friend ended up raging on the street in his underwear and the cops were called. The neighbors related what had happened, the guy got helped.

But a prosecutor noted that the felon was a federal felon and kicked it to the feds.

Who arrested him. And he was sentenced tto a mandatory minimum five years in federal prison. Judge said it was the worst thing he had ever had to do, but his hands were tied.

Maybe it was something like that.

That is wrong. shoudln't have happened in that case.

Like I have always believed just having a gun makes you violent and I can see that you agree. The 4 who had guns were not non-violent felons because they possessed guns.

Stop with the strawmanning. That leap of logic lacks..... the logic part.

If I decide to bring a gun to my crack slinging, it does not make me more violent. however I am in possession of a gun while in the commission of a felony. That should be an aggravating factor.

I really can't believe you leftists are all for letting criminals loose who illegally poses guns.

To review, illegaly owned guns that are used in most crimes by prohibited possessors are of no concern to you, it's the law abiding citizen you wish to strip rights from.

Do I have this right?

Bernie wants to release just about everyone from jail.

And let me clarify my position.

If these people have served a reasonable sentence with good behavior, yes, they should be considered for release after a more reasonable sentence.

However, there are THOUSANDS of people in our jails and prisons who never took a gun to a drug deal that this president has not considered. Wouldn't you all agree they should be freed first?

Is everyone with a penis a rapist?

What are you talking about?

Are you another defender of crack dealers?

How do you figure?

That is what drug dealers are. Violent.

You can't argue they are not.

What are you talking about?

Are you another defender of crack dealers?

Sure. If they are selling adults what adults want.

Freedom and all that.

Why do you feel it appropriate for the state to tell me what I can and can't do with my own body?

Always seemed kind of un-American if you ask me.

Some are. Most aren't, and I can argue any damn thing I want to.

I have never met a violent pot dealer.

Unless you are counting video games.

Actually, I can say whatever I want, if it's what I believe and feel. Marc Rich should be rotting in a prison for the rest of his life but the corrupt Clintons took his money and set him free.

Some are. Most aren't, and I can argue any damn thing I want to.

Link please.

I have never met a violent pot dealer.

Unless you are counting video games.

We are talking about the cocaine and crack dealers that are being let out.

As far as pot dealers being non-violent, they are just as responsible for the deaths we see every day in Mexico from the drug cartels than the guy who pulls the trigger.

Actually, I can say whatever I want, if it's what I believe and feel. Marc Rich should be rotting in a prison for the rest of his life but the corrupt Clintons took his money and set him free.

I didn't say you couldn't say something but the comparison isn't there.

Yes the Clintons took the money for the pardon, what else would you expect from them.

These people are violent drug dealers and they are being let out back onto the streets.

We have seen nothing about how they were vetted to see if they will be able to make it on the outside without resorting back to drugs.

We are talking about the cocaine and crack dealers that are being let out.

As far as pot dealers being non-violent, they are just as responsible for the deaths we see every day in Mexico from the drug cartels than the guy who pulls the trigger.

By that logic the drug war legistators are directly responsible for the deaths because they created the black market in the first place.

No black market, no cartels, no violence.

Simple as pie.

And very little pot is imported from Mexico anymore.

Its one industry that has come back to America!

By that logic the drug war legistators are directly responsible for the deaths because they created the black market in the first place.

No black market, no cartels, no violence.

Simple as pie.

And very little pot is imported from Mexico anymore.

Its one industry that has come back to America!

Wrong, the users and the suppliers are responsible.

No use means no reason for production.

Under obama, gun crimes prosecution is at a historic low. If he really wanted to change gun violence he would be concetrating on enforcing the laws we have, not realeasing violent criminals who were caught illegally possessing guns early.

Most of those were not violent crimes, just possession of a gun during drug dealing. Drug dealers have a right to defend themselves.

Back
Top Bottom