• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Here are my 4 predictions that I put a little money where my mouth is:

slick

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Ticket Number: 107021236
Nov 1904:00 AM Internet / -1 Oct 0510:40 AM TNT
ODDS TO WIN THE MISSOURI U.S. SENATE
[75364] JOSH HAWLEY (REP) +105
40 to win 42

Ticket Number: 107021237
ODDS TO WIN THE FLORIDA U.S. SENATE
[75379] RICK SCOTT (REP) +115
40 to win 46

Ticket Number: 107033540
Nov 1904:00 AM Internet / -1 Oct 0502:15 PM TNT
ODDS TO WIN THE INDIANA U.S. SENATE
[75360] MIKE BRAUN (REP) +160
29 to win 46

Ticket Number: 107033541
ODDS TO WIN THE NORTH DAKOTA U.S. SENATE
[75375] KEVIN CRAMER (REP) -120
35 to win 29

40 to win 42

40 to win 46

29 to win 46

35 to win 29

Chance of democrats doing something dishonest or illegal in order to win the victory for the democrats = 1 in 1.

Chance of democrats doing something dishonest or illegal in order to win the victory for the democrats = 1 in 1.

Golly! What are democrats going to do that dishonest or illegal? Since you stated the odds are 100%, surely you have some specific idea of what they'll do.

I have thought about placing bets on elections in some of those betting sites before. But I would always bet against the person I want to win. That way I am guaranteed to have something go be happy about regardless who wins. :)

I have thought about placing bets on elections in some of those betting sites before. But I would always bet against the person I want to win. That way I am guaranteed to have something go be happy about regardless who wins. :)

Florida has Gillum up by 2-4 pts. That can fall into the polling error. If the polls are accurate, then increaed Dem turnout plays to Nelsen's benefit

538 has older polls included in the link

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/governor/florida/

I think Gillum by 1 pt plus, and the Senate race, Nelson, probably under 1 pt

Except Kemp isn't a Democrat. So................

Florida has Gillum up by 2-4 pts. That can fall into the polling error. If the polls are accurate, then increaed Dem turnout plays to Nelsen's benefit

538 has older polls included in the link

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/governor/florida/

I think Gillum by 1 pt plus, and the Senate race, Nelson, probably under 1 pt

Florida Republican Senate candidate Rick Scott, who currently serves as the state's governor, has narrowly pulled ahead of Democratic incumbent Sen. Bill Nelson in a new poll released Saturday -- the first major survey in two weeks to show Scott leading, and a positive sign for Republicans as they seek to retain control of the Senate.

The results, from St. Pete Polls, give Scott a lead of 49.1 percent to 47.5 percent.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/state-of-the-midterms-rick-scott-takes-rare-lead

What happened to you that makes you have such a low opinion of America?

I do that when I want to make a small bet on football games so like you say, either way I have something to feel happy about!

40 to win 42

40 to win 46

29 to win 46

35 to win 29

IMO, you have Cramer in the bag. You might get one of three of the others. I admire your betting prowess! If you hit on at least 3 of 4, please donate to DP.

Florida Republican Senate candidate Rick Scott, who currently serves as the state's governor, has narrowly pulled ahead of Democratic incumbent Sen. Bill Nelson in a new poll released Saturday -- the first major survey in two weeks to show Scott leading, and a positive sign for Republicans as they seek to retain control of the Senate.

The results, from St. Pete Polls, give Scott a lead of 49.1 percent to 47.5 percent.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/state-of-the-midterms-rick-scott-takes-rare-lead

Could be true, 1 poll though???
Gillum is up 4.9 in this poll from your link - That helps Nelson for those voting a straight ticket. Then add in over 800 K Florida voters are listed as Independents.

Trumps approval ratings in Florida are also down where he has seen a steady drop in approval

Gillum will win and Nelson a very close win.

The results, from St. Pete Polls, give Scott a lead of 49.1 percent to 47.5 percent, within the margin of error, with 3.4 percent undecided. Conversely, the same group of likely voters surveyed by St. Pete Polls preferred Democrat Andrew Gillum to Republican Ron DeSantis in the state's gubernatorial contest to replace the term-limited Scott, 48.4 percent to 43.6 percent, with 3.7 percent undecided. Every other major recent poll tracked by RealClearPolitics (RCP) also shows DeSantis trailing by small margins.

St. Pete Polls does their canvassing using robocalls and only landlines. I don't put a lot of faith in their methodology.

Methodology:
The poll was conducted through an automated phone call polling system. The results were then
weighted to account for proportional differences between the respondents' demographics and the
demographics of the active general election voter population for the state of Florida. The
weighting demographics used were: political party, race, age, gender and media market.
The voters polled were chosen at random within the registered voter population within the state of
Florida. Voters who said they were not planning to vote were excluded from the results below.
The scientific results shown for the questions below have a sample size of 2,733 and a 1.9%
Margin of Error at a 95% confidence level.

http://stpetepolls.org/files/StPetePolls_2018_State_GEN_GovSenAg_November02_S8UG.pdf

The GOP already beat them too it.. and the GOP controls most states these days. Just look at Kemp in Georgia and how he is rigging the elections for himself.

Please let me know when you do that so I can buy the other side of your contracts.

What happened to you that makes you have such a low opinion of America?

Having a low opinion of Democrats has nothing to do with having a low opinion of America.

Please let me know when you do that so I can buy the other side of your contracts.

Maybe we just discovered the secret to a less divisive political climate. When liberals succeed politically they pay conservatives money and when conservatives win politically they pay the liberals money. ;)

Having a low opinion of Democrats has nothing to do with having a low opinion of America.

Your electoral process is crooked is all, that what you're saying?
Hell, why not? Your President says it is. He says your intelligence agencies are like Nazi Germany too, and your judicial system is corrupt. If your President has such a low opinion of America, why shouldn't his supporters also?

IMO, you have Cramer in the bag. You might get one of three of the others. I admire your betting prowess! If you hit on at least 3 of 4, please donate to DP.

Ain’t you subtle......

I never wager.
I'll offer one thought. Today's climate is so polarized that I suspect some people are reluctant to reveal their preferences. Makes polling a chancier proposition.

Your electoral process is crooked is all, that what you're saying?
Hell, why not? Your President says it is. He says your intelligence agencies are like Nazi Germany too, and your judicial system is corrupt. If your President has such a low opinion of America, why shouldn't his supporters also?

No, I didn't say that. Not even close.

No, I didn't say that. Not even close.

The guy I was replying to did. He said, "Chance of democrats doing something dishonest or illegal in order to win the victory for the democrats = 1 in 1."
If that's not saying the electoral process in the US is crooked, I don't know what would.

Golly! What are democrats going to do that dishonest or illegal? Since you stated the odds are 100%, surely you have some specific idea of what they'll do.

Judging from history, they lie, cheat, steal, commit fraud and even murder, among other evils.

Judging from history, they lie, cheat, steal, commit fraud and even murder, among other evils.

So they actually won't be doing anything illegal, and you admit you cannot demonstrate anything backing up the claim.

Nice.

Back
Top Bottom