• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here’s how the media is misreporting COVID-19’s death toll in America

Aberro

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

“The CDC estimated that about 177,000 Americans died during the 2017-2018 flu season, from either the flu itself or by complications of pneumonia. (The CDC never made a public announcement about this number, but you can count it yourself from data on its site, as I did in the chart below.) That was a bad year, noted at the time, but mostly by medical professionals. Those with good memories will recall seeing more “Wash Your Hands” and “Cough Into Your Elbows” posters.

Still, nobody remembers a panic. Just as nobody remembers mask mandates or political leaders shutting down small businesses and locking the healthy in their homes.”

Good read, writer links to all figures he used. This was a Scamdemic for political reasons.

And "pro-life" conservatives reach a new low, splitting hairs on who died from what to take the spotlight off President Cheeto.

And "pro-life" conservatives reach a new low, splitting hairs on who died from what to take the spotlight off President Cheeto.
Truth hurt? Trump had nothing to do with the Scamdemic.

“The CDC estimated .......
sorry ab but when an article starts with "On Sept. 22, CNN triumphantly announced that 200,000 people had died from COVID-19" or "CNN tried various ways of rubbing in the 200,000 figure" its an editorial. and since its an editorial from the NY Post its a conservative editorial. And that pretty much means its lying. I know, lets look at what the CDC says

Conclusion
CDC estimates that influenza was associated with 45 million illnesses, 21 million medical visits, 810,000 hospitalizations, and 61,000 deaths during the 2017–2018 influenza season. This burden was higher than any season since the 2009 pandemic and serves as a reminder of how severe seasonal influenza can be.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden-averted/2017-2018.htm#:~:text=(Table%203).-,Conclusion,severe%20seasonal%20influenza%20can%20be

so its confirmed that NY post is lying. Now you know to never believe any conservative editoral again. Your welcome.

Sometimes Cheetos are just what's needed to spark a robust recovery. Imma get me some.

sorry ab but when an article starts with "On Sept. 22, CNN triumphantly announced that 200,000 people had died from COVID-19" or "CNN tried various ways of rubbing in the 200,000 figure" its an editorial. and since its an editorial from the NY Post its a conservative editorial. And that pretty much means its lying. I know, lets look at what the CDC says

Conclusion
CDC estimates that influenza was associated with 45 million illnesses, 21 million medical visits, 810,000 hospitalizations, and 61,000 deaths during the 2017–2018 influenza season. This burden was higher than any season since the 2009 pandemic and serves as a reminder of how severe seasonal influenza can be.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden-averted/2017-2018.htm#:~:text=(Table%203).-,Conclusion,severe%20seasonal%20influenza%20can%20be

so its confirmed that NY post is lying. Now you know to never believe any conservative editoral again. Your welcome.
You did not read the article, I can tell, reading is fundamental.

“The CDC estimated that about 177,000 Americans died during the 2017-2018 flu season, from either the flu itself or by complications of pneumonia. (The CDC never made a public announcement about this number, but you can count it yourself from data on its site, as I did in the chart below.) That was a bad year, noted at the time, but mostly by medical professionals. Those with good memories will recall seeing more “Wash Your Hands” and “Cough Into Your Elbows” posters.

Still, nobody remembers a panic. Just as nobody remembers mask mandates or political leaders shutting down small businesses and locking the healthy in their homes.”

Good read, writer links to all figures he used. This was a Scamdemic for political reasons.
Yes, tell the friends and relatives of the 215,000 dead Americans (so far), all about the "scamdemic". If you get away with only a bloody nose you'll be lucky. Oh, and nobody has panicked during this pandemic either, irrespective of Trump's lies about why he kept it quiet.
You want 'political reasons'? Try Trump saying "I told my people to please slow the testing down" because the 'numbers' didn't look good for his election prospects, mocking mask wearers, dismissing and continually downplaying the severity of the virus, lying that a corner is being turned etc., etc., and doing everything except leading by example.

You did not read the article, I can tell, reading is fundamental.

wow, I wasnt expecting much of a reply but from you but I really didn't expect you to be so blatantly dishonest. Not only did I point out the verbiage that signals its just another lying conservative "editorial" I proved it was blatantly lying. The lying "editorial" said " The CDC never made a public announcement about this number, but you can count it yourself from data on its site". I very easily found the CDC telling you how many people died. seriously, you need to put more effort into your job. Trump and Putin are counting on it. Oh and in case you missed it the first time, here's the CDC again proving the NYPost is lying.

Conclusion

FEB 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
Donald Trump

Truth hurt? Trump had nothing to do with the Scamdemic.
Completely incorrect, and too many voters are going to pay attention to how little Trump and his enablers care about people dying from this.

Conclusion

It's the New York Post, which is a step above the National Enquirer. Sensationalistic headlines and stories is their bread and butter.

Back
Top Bottom