• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here’s how many people tested positive under Rick Snyder’s program to test welfare

Re: Here’s how many people tested positive under Rick Snyder’s program to test welfar

Perhaps you are the only one who misread the part right in the middle in big block letters?

For the rest of you?

Here it is:

They answer a 50 question interview. Based on the results of the interview they are directed to take an actual drug test. :coffeepap:

that means that if they pass the interview, they don't have to take the test, otherwise why have the interview...

Re: Here’s how many people tested positive under Rick Snyder’s program to test welfar

that means that if they pass the interview, they don't have to take the test, otherwise why have the interview...

Nooooo.

It means they answer a 50 question interview. After an evaluation of their answers they may be directed to take an actual drug test. Most likely a urine sample from the cost figure.

I'm skeptical of those numbers. Don't get me wrong. I am 100% against drug testing welfare applicants. But 303 people tested with zero hits? I can't think of ANY group of people in which if you tested 303 of them you would expect to get zero hits.

The military...

You have proof?

Do you?

Common sense: Even though there is fraud in any area of life, it is rare, historically, for fraud to be the rule. It is the exception.

Experience: I have known people who get assistance. I, myself, would have qualified for it years ago (but didn't know it existed). One young woman worked as a clerk at a courthouse I went to; she qualified for assistance because she had kids and was paid so little.

Fact: About 49% of those receiving food assistance are children.

Fact: Adults who are able-bodied can receive only 3 mos. of food assistance, unless they work at least 20 hrs/wk.

Fact: Most food assistance users are white (because there are more whites in the country)

Fact: Blacks are on food assistance more, proportionately (because more blacks are proportionately in poverty)

Fact: Food stamp trafficking has decreased substantially since the 1990s (because of EBT cards, which allow tracking, and no cash back option). It is at an historic low.

Fact: It is morally reprehensible not to provide food assistance to those in poverty in the country that has the most food in the world.

Forbes Welcome

Nooooo.

It means they answer a 50 question interview. After an evaluation of their answers they may be directed to take an actual drug test. Most likely a urine sample from the cost figure.

??? You just rephrased what I said.... They take the test and if the test indicates that they need to be further tested, they get further tested. The thing is, there was nothing in the article that stated how many people took the wizz quiz. I would think that would be an important part of the story, but oddly enough it's never mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom