• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here’s How Clinton and Trump Stack Up on National Security, Russia, ISIS and More

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
[url="http://www.defenseone.com/politics/2016/07/heres-how-clinton-and-trump-stack-national-security-russia-isis-and-more/130166/?oref=d-skybox[/url]Here’s How Clinton and Trump Stack Up on National Security, Russia, ISIS and More[/url]

With foreign policy now central to the 2016 election, the Council on Foreign Relations offers this nonpartisan guide to the candidates’ positions on a range of issues....

defense-large.png

Note: When asked on 27 July 2016 by German reporter Mareike Aden whether a President Trump would recognize Crimea as Russian and lift sanctions on Moscow imposed after its 2014 annexation of the Ukrainian territory.
Trump's reply: “Yes. We would be looking at that.”
Such a political stance is in direct opposition to that of the US government, the US Congress, NATO, the European Union, and the Republican Party.

Note: When asked on 27 July 2016 by German reporter Mareike Aden whether a President Trump would recognize Crimea as Russian and lift sanctions on Moscow imposed after its 2014 annexation of the Ukrainian territory.

Such a political stance is in direct opposition to that of the US government, the US Congress, NATO, the European Union, and the Republican Party.

Putin must be very pleased with his little hands candidate.

I can't help but draw a parallel to the Manchurian Candidate. It's just so bazaar to have a Russian commie sympathizer running for president of the US.

Simpleχity;1066139940 said:
[url="http://www.defenseone.com/politics/2016/07/heres-how-clinton-and-trump-stack-national-security-russia-isis-and-more/130166/?oref=d-skybox[/url]Here’s How Clinton and Trump Stack Up on National Security, Russia, ISIS and More[/url]

With foreign policy now central to the 2016 election, the Council on Foreign Relations offers this nonpartisan guide to the candidates’ positions on a range of issues....

defense-large.png

It's better than "I don't know much about it."

Then again, Russia annexing Crimea and threatening Ukraine during Obama's 2nd term is also "... in direct opposition to that of the US government, the US Congress, NATO, the European Union, and the Republican Party."
Yet there they are. How come?

(Neither Crimea nor Ukraine are NATO members, btw)

I can't help but draw a parallel to the Manchurian Candidate. It's just so bazaar to have a Russian commie sympathizer running for president of the US.

Oh sure, 8 years later and NOW you're concerned.

Linkie no workie for me?

But strategicly, my nightmare is China, Russia, and Iran, all ancient civilizations, getting together and asking among themselves "I wonder what our world would be like without America? Life was simpler then. Anyone who wants to find out, raise your hand".

And just when Obama was about to scold Putin a bit more sternly. ;)

So that's your idea of humor, huh? lol

Care to explain to us the lefts response to Romney claiming Russia was a threat to us. How short your memory must be.

That piece is worthy of a bookmark to beat people don't up with.

Re: illegal immigration, Tim Kaine says "amnesty in the first 100 days". I'm sure they are paying Google handsomely to bury that quote!

The rest is reasonable and I see Trump as the agent of positive change, Hillary more of the SOS without the golf.

Care to explain to us the lefts response to Romney claiming Russia was a threat to us. How short your memory must be.

Not really.

Not really.
Gee I wonder why. It couldn't be because it makes you look like the political hack you are now it.
At least deep down you realize it

Gee I wonder why. It couldn't be because it makes you look like the political hack you are now it.
At least deep down you realize it
You can keep on wondering for all I care. :roll:

How do Hillary and Trump stack up?
Well we know he has fewer health problems and doesn't use email ... even on one device.
So he's up 2 right there.

I don't think anybody's wondering where you stand politically Moot. Why you have such a stance would be the question, were anybody interested enough to ask.

Oh don't worry. I am not wondering. I and I imagine the vast majority of posters on here no exactly why you won't. It's just sad you don't have the integrity to admit it.

Don't be so modest. I think, on a scale of one to ten, it's probably closer to a 15.

Was that "It's just so bazaar to have a Russian commie sympathizer running for president of the US." about someone other than our current President a bold WTF!! comment or what?
There needs to be a "Supremely Ironic" font for moments like that.

Back
Top Bottom