• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Henry Kissinger Blasted for Telling Ukraine to Give Territory to "russia"

what was it ?

• Total voters

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
what was it ? Dementia or Moscow cash penetrated Gerhard Schröder N2 ?

Mykhailo Podolyak, an adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, slammed Kissinger's remarks, writing that he would as easily "allow to take Poland or Lithuania away."

"It's good that Ukrainians in the trenches do not have time for listening to 'Davos panickers'.

what was it ? Dementia or Moscow cash penetrated Gerhard Schröder N2 ?

Mykhailo Podolyak, an adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, slammed Kissinger's remarks, writing that he would as easily "allow to take Poland or Lithuania away."

"It's good that Ukrainians in the trenches do not have time for listening to 'Davos panickers'.
He is still alive?

Mr. Henry once told the Chilean army it would be OK to overthrow the elected government.

Now Mr. Henry is telling Russia it's OK to seize a neighbor's territory.

It seems that Mr. Henry wants the thrill of being invited to Moscow by the Butcher.

Hear tell Mr. Henry has long been very cozy with the Red Chinese tyrants, too.

Just because he has that accent does NOT mean he knows what he is talking about!

Mr. Henry once told the Chilean army it would be OK to overthrow the elected government.

It seems that Mr. Henry wants the thrill of being invited to Moscow by the Butcher.

Just because he has that accent does NOT mean he knows what he is talking about!
best post for today!

I didn't even know he was still alive, but his message should be considered and not ignored. I'm not saying he's right. I'm just saying only a fool would blow his opinion off. Best to understand why he says so.

I didn't even know he was still alive, but his message should be considered and not ignored. I'm not saying he's right. I'm just saying only a fool would blow his opinion off. Best to understand why he says so.

How do any of those address that all this started with the illegal ousting of their president in 2014?

And the ghost of Neville Chamberlain echo's "Peace in our time" from beyond the shroud!

Henry Kissinger still has red buttons on his Lay-Z-Boy that kill people when he pushes them.

Kissinger believes we have mere months to avoid a direct clash between Russia & NATO forces, and feels that a diplomatic solution is necessary to avert this, by obtaining a ceasefire.

Kissinger believes we have mere months to avoid a direct clash between Russia & NATO forces, and feels that a diplomatic solution is necessary to avert this, by obtaining a ceasefire.
I can't say I feel any different.

People who think they are acting from moral superiority, keep escalating this, not realizing they are equally the problem by doing so.

I have on several occasions voiced my concern about helping to push into WWIII.

He is still alive?

Henry is generous with other people's land. Odd, he had a quite different stance back when his opinion mattered

I still can't believe that guy is still alive, he was old looking in the 1970s

Kissinger is not relevant to anything anymore........the old saying 'give them an inch and they will take a mile'

Kissinger is not relevant to anything anymore........the old saying 'give them an inch and they will take a mile'
That depends on his state of mind, which we don't know. But only a fool wouldn't consider his words.

And the CIA ran the operation for good measure. Augusto Pinochet was the result.

Yet another one of those “democratic” leaders we have backed over the years (and occasionally had to remove).

It is natural for students of geopolitics to be concerned about the long term effects of a conflict like the Ukraine War.

Kisinger’s viewpoint comes from the basic assumption that there are three de facto superpowers on the Eurasian land mass.

China.

The “West” which includes NATO and the EU, and which is aligned with the only superpower in the Western Hemisphere.

And Russia, which is the buffer between China and the NATO countries.

Russia’s failure in Ukraine makes clear to the world that it is a superpower largely in name only.

And the power vacuum that Putin’s war has created has altered this balance.

Kissinger’s fear is that a strong Ukrainian victory, one which reverses their 2014 occupation of Crimea, while set up a scenario for the next war. A war that could happen twenty years from now or five.

I don’t agree. I think the Russians should be thoroughly defeated.

That said, if that happens, the Russians will become the pawn in the geopolitical and diplomatic battle over whether Russia will be drawn into the Chinese sphere of influence or the NATO one.

It is already all but certain that Ukraine will become a NATO member in the end, as Finland and Sweden are preparing to now.

The West has been significantly strenghtened by Putin’s strategic debacle.

It will require diplomacy and skill to maximize that victory without setting the stage for a future war.

Back
Top Bottom