• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Help with my gambling problem?

Pacridge

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
9
Location
Pacific Northwest US
A recent weekend trip to Reno, NV has convinced me that not of these help hotlines are really out to help people. I was in a casino and saw a sign that offered help to those experiencing “problems with gambling.” So I called. Explained that I had a 10 and 6 and the dealer was showing a 7, had $500 dollars on the table. They hung up on me. The nerve.
 

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Joined
May 19, 2004
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
6,031
Location
Plano, TX
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
had to read it 2x.... hahah
 

Arch Enemy

Familiaist
DP Veteran
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
7,470
Reaction score
2,085
Location
North Carolina
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
should have called me, I'd tell you how to handle yourself in this situation.

Though, it does involve bleeding.
 

LaMidRighter

Klattu Verata Nicto
DP Veteran
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
30,534
Reaction score
10,682
Location
Louisiana
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Sounds to me like you should've hit. :2rofll:
 

Soviet_Guy

Banned
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
383
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto, Canada
Pacridge said:
A recent weekend trip to Reno, NV has convinced me that not of these help hotlines are really out to help people. I was in a casino and saw a sign that offered help to those experiencing “problems with gambling.” So I called. Explained that I had a 10 and 6 and the dealer was showing a 7, had $500 dollars on the table. They hung up on me. The nerve.

lol, is that a joke?
If it isn't I advise you to ceise playing Black Jack and play Poker.
 

Pacridge

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
9
Location
Pacific Northwest US
Soviet_Guy said:
He's got 16! He needs a 5 or lower, how the hell are the odds on his side? And POKER IS BETTER!
If the dealers showing a 7 or above you hit anything up to a soft seventeen (Six and an Ace.) Just the way the odds are.
 

Soviet_Guy

Banned
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
383
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto, Canada
Pacridge said:
If the dealers showing a 7 or above you hit anything up to a soft seventeen (Six and an Ace.) Just the way the odds are.
So you're saying there's a higher chance the guy will get a 5 or lower than the dealer having a 9 or lower?
 

Pacridge

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
9
Location
Pacific Northwest US
Soviet_Guy said:
So you're saying there's a higher chance the guy will get a 5 or lower than the dealer having a 9 or lower?
Here's a link of Blackjack strategy. Basically you play assuming the dealers hole card is a ten. So yes you hit a 16 when the dealers showing a 7.

http://www.winneronline.com/strategies/blackjack-strategy.htm

If you play following these rules you'll almost always come out even over time. Casinos know this, that's why 21 tables are getting fewer. Being replaced by Paigow poker and other games that have odds favoring the house.
 

Pacridge

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
3,918
Reaction score
9
Location
Pacific Northwest US
vauge said:
had to read it 2x.... hahah
On the same trip I ran into a guy outside a casino. He was holding a cup with some change in it and a sign that read "Please help, my wife needs an operation." I asked him "Now if I give you money for this "operation" how can I be sure you don't just go in the casino and gamble with it?" He said "Oh, I got gambling money."
 

LaMidRighter

Klattu Verata Nicto
DP Veteran
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
30,534
Reaction score
10,682
Location
Louisiana
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Pacridge said:
On the same trip I ran into a guy outside a casino. He was holding a cup with some change in it and a sign that read "Please help, my wife needs an operation." I asked him "Now if I give you money for this "operation" how can I be sure you don't just go in the casino and gamble with it?" He said "Oh, I got gambling money."
:rofl You're killing me
 
Top Bottom