• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Help with crazy tablet!

Juanita

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Help! My Motorola has gone crazy...Today while :) getting on, some sort of voice update popped up--instead of hitting cancel, I accidentally hit OK.. Since then I have to pound the touchscreen very hard about 10 times to access "anything" and it is taking forever.... I can't find any new updates....any ideas?

Help! My Motorola has gone crazy...Today while :) getting on, some sort of voice update popped up--instead of hitting cancel, I accidentally hit OK.. Since then I have to pound the touchscreen very hard about 10 times to access "anything" and it is taking forever.... I can't find any new updates....any ideas?

What Model of Motorola is it? A tablet? A phone? This information will help greatly.

It is a Motorola Zoom tablet and the problem seems to be affecting the touchscreen...

You mean the Xoom?
How tech savvy are you when it comes to taking things apart?
Quite:Repairing Xoom's Touch Screen Intermittent Unresponsiveness

Not so much: probably have to take it back to Motorola or an electronics store, since im not able to find a simply solution without taking it apart.

I am not tech savy at all, but thanks for trying...Will just continue to play around with it until I can figure out how to undo whatever it was that I did.....:)

I am not tech savy at all, but thanks for trying...Will just continue to play around with it until I can figure out how to undo whatever it was that I did.....:)

Does it have any kind of factory reset on it?

Does it have any kind of factory reset on it?

No--not that I can find. To reboot you hit the off button and volumn button, which I have done, but it doesn'thelp..It j

It does its own thing....replaces letters and words, jumps from one thread to another--even jumped forums on me once tonight. I am pulling out my dam hair, I am so frustrated...I can't even find any sort of diagnostic or troubleshooting toollll:eek::eek::beam::beam:

Awwwwww..I think I fixed it... I disabled a Talk-back app and it seems to be working much better and faster...I will let itget a good nights sleep and see how it is tomorrow..

Your thread title sounds like a prayer from Moses on his way down Mt. Sinai after too much coffee.

Back
Top Bottom