• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Help Wanted

Chuz Life

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I'm working on a project of sorts relating to the abortion issue.

It's a project that could be useful for my website or maybe even a book. (as well as to this forum)

What I am interested in is this; I would like to gather as many aspects to the abortion debate as I possibly can.

And if it is at all possible, I would like the aspects presented on the form of a question.

Example; "Biologically speaking, when does a new individual's life begin?"

Please submit your most direct and hardest hitting questions,... even loaded questions.

The more the better!

Last edited:
"What if they had aborted baby Jezus!"

"What if they had aborted baby Jezus!"

Wow,... I didn't anticipate that one.

Thanks.

And (if it matters) I don't think I'll even try to answer it.

That would be "beyond my paygrade."

Last edited:
Then you are obviously simply trolling for idea's.
Go away and see if you can educate yourself further.

Please submit your most direct and hardest hitting questions,... even loaded questions.

Which womens rights solutions and changes in societies would need to be made, to encourage more women to make the choice of birth and motherhood over abortion?

Being a parent myself, and experiencing the challanges of pregnancy, birth and parenting, I understand the reasons why a women may not feel able go through with these. Certain conditions in society could change some womens minds, who currently feel unable to meet the challanges, in the type of world we live in. I think the solution to reducing the incidents of abortions lies in making changes for women.

Which womens rights solutions and changes in societies would need to be made, to encourage more women to make the choice of birth and motherhood over abortion?

Being a parent myself, and experiencing the challanges of pregnancy, birth and parenting, I understand the reasons why a women may not feel able go through with these. Certain conditions in society could change some womens minds, who currently feel unable to meet the challanges, in the type of world we live in. I think the solution to reducing the incidents of abortions lies in making changes for women.

Thanks Mell!

That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

Moderator's Warning:
If you think some one is trolling, report it to a mod, don't tell them to go away.

Ive heard people argue that a women can just give up a baby for adoption, because so many couple want to adopt. But, it always seems like these people just want to get their hands on another womens baby, rather than caring about the baby itself or the mother. It might be more consoling and hope giving for the mother, if those who do care about pro life volunteer to be surogate family members or even sponsor the children of the mothers instead or wanting to take the babies away by adopting them. If they are willing to offer the servics that sisters, brothers parents... of the mother would normally do. ie family gatherings, availability to help out when the mother cant do everything herself... If they are wealthy, they could help pay for things like education of the child.

I think, if alone and isolated mothers felt they could rely on family support and company, they might feel more able to take on parenting. A bit like the big bother or big sister scheme that is provided for the children of single mothers, but that would provide the mother with some feeling of family support for herself.

Ive heard people argue that a women can just give up a baby for adoption, because so many couple want to adopt. But, it always seems like these people just want to get their hands on another womens baby, rather than caring about the baby itself or the mother. It might be more consoling and hope giving for the mother, if those who do care about pro life volunteer to be surogate family members or even sponsor the children of the mothers instead or wanting to take the babies away by adopting them. If they are willing to offer the servics that sisters, brothers parents... of the mother would normally do. ie family gatherings, availability to help out when the mother cant do everything herself... If they are wealthy, they could help pay for things like education of the child.

I think, if alone and isolated mothers felt they could rely on family support and company, they might feel more able to take on parenting. A bit like the big bother or big sister scheme that is provided for the children of single mothers, but that would provide the mother with some feeling of family support for herself.

All very good points to be considered for sure!

Especially (for me) the part in bold.

I'll give my two cents. I believe that a new individual life begins at conception because that is when a complete genome and development sequence starts.

I believe that abortion is murder because it is in all cases taking the life away from an unborn person in the earliest stages of development in their lives. I oppose abortion in cases of rape and incest because I also believe that those abortions are murder of an unborn and unique person that could not control the circumstances of their conception. The only time I support abortion is if it is proven and confirmed by multiple doctors (not driven by agenda either) that the mother will die as a result of pregnancy, child birth and when all other options have been implemented. This is justified because it is a form of self defense, and killing in self defense is not murder.

I believe that no woman has the right to murder her unborn child, that she has no sovereignty over the life of her fetus. It may be in her body, but nature intends that to be temporary and she must carry on with her pregnancy. If she cannot take care of the child, she may put it up for adoption and at least give her child a shot at life. I believe that all life is sacred and should be protected at all costs and that an unborn person deserves to have their right to life just like their parents did.

Why do so many pro-life advocates make exceptions in cases of rape and incest?

Why do many people who believe life begins at conception still find birth control pills acceptable?

Why do many pro-life people advocate against abortion and also against any kind of sex education except abstinence only education?

If you believe that a fetus has rights, why do you believe that its rights trump those of the mother?

Why are some pro-life advocates accepting of euthanasia, or removing people from life support, but against abortion?

Why do pro-life advocates still support anti-abortion legislation when it has been proven to be mostly ineffective?

Why do so many pro-life advocates turn away from any solution to the abortion issue which doesn't involve making abortion illegal?

That's all I have for the moment.

I'll give my two cents. I believe that a new individual life begins at conception because that is when a complete genome and development sequence starts.

I believe that abortion is murder because it is in all cases taking the life away from an unborn person in the earliest stages of development in their lives. I oppose abortion in cases of rape and incest because I also believe that those abortions are murder of an unborn and unique person that could not control the circumstances of their conception. The only time I support abortion is if it is proven and confirmed by multiple doctors (not driven by agenda either) that the mother will die as a result of pregnancy, child birth and when all other options have been implemented. This is justified because it is a form of self defense, and killing in self defense is not murder.

I believe that no woman has the right to murder her unborn child, that she has no sovereignty over the life of her fetus. It may be in her body, but nature intends that to be temporary and she must carry on with her pregnancy. If she cannot take care of the child, she may put it up for adoption and at least give her child a shot at life. I believe that all life is sacred and should be protected at all costs and that an unborn person deserves to have their right to life just like their parents did.

Not really what I was looking for Digs but thanks anyway.

Why do so many pro-life advocates make exceptions in cases of rape and incest?

Why do many people who believe life begins at conception still find birth control pills acceptable?

Why do many pro-life people advocate against abortion and also against any kind of sex education except abstinence only education?

If you believe that a fetus has rights, why do you believe that its rights trump those of the mother?

Why are some pro-life advocates accepting of euthanasia, or removing people from life support, but against abortion?

Why do pro-life advocates still support anti-abortion legislation when it has been proven to be mostly ineffective?

Why do so many pro-life advocates turn away from any solution to the abortion issue which doesn't involve making abortion illegal?

That's all I have for the moment.

Excellant questions one and all!

Thank you very much.

By the way,... if you really want answers to any of these,... you should consider starting a thread with them.

Start with the one you think is most pertinent maybe.

Just a suggestion.

Not really what I was looking for Digs but thanks anyway.

Ah, sorry. I forgot to put it in the form of questions. I thought you were mainly wanting to know what we believe and our reasoning behind it. I'll try and better address your op in my next post.

I'm working on a project of sorts relating to the abortion issue.

It's a project that could be useful for my website or maybe even a book. (as well as to this forum)

What I am interested in is this; I would like to gather as many aspects to the abortion debate as I possibly can.

And if it is at all possible, I would like the aspects presented on the form of a question.

Example; "Biologically speaking, when does a new individual's life begin?"

The more the better!

Alrighty then, how's about this one?:

Why is it so many "pro-lifers" claim to be so utterly concerned about "the poor, innocent babies," but so very few of those very same "pro-lifers" will step up to the plate and take the children who are already born but having no nurturing parents into their homes? Why are those very same "pro-lifers" so often the very first ones to bitch about paying taxes to educate, clothe, feed, provide health care for and shelter those "poor, innocent babies" the second the leave the womb?

Alrighty then, how's about this one?:

Why is it so many "pro-lifers" claim to be so utterly concerned about "the poor, innocent babies," but so very few of those very same "pro-lifers" will step up to the plate and take the children who are already born but having no nurturing parents into their homes? Why are those very same "pro-lifers" so often the very first ones to bitch about paying taxes to educate, clothe, feed, provide health care for and shelter those "poor, innocent babies" the second the leave the womb?

Thank you for these questions. Do you have any others?

And again, if you want answers to these questions please start a thread or ask them at the apropriate time in an existing thread.

Last edited:
Thank you for these questions. Do you have any others?

And again, if you want answers to these questions please start a thread or ask them at the apropriate time in an existing thread.

I've asked these questions multiple times, in multiple venues and have as of yet, never heard a reasonable or reasoned answer. So no, sir, I won't be wasting my time "starting a thread" only to have it avoided. If you want to take a shot at answering, then step up to the plate and take a swing. If not, that's ok to.

I've asked these questions multiple times, in multiple venues and have as of yet, never heard a reasonable or reasoned answer. So no, sir, I won't be wasting my time "starting a thread" only to have it avoided. If you want to take a shot at answering, then step up to the plate and take a swing. If not, that's ok to.

If you have asked these questions, you should be able to link to where you did so.

Odds are you just didn't like the answers.

Never-the-less.

This thread is only for the compiling of the questions.

The answers will come later. I promise.

That said, this thread is Not for answering them.

Thanks for adding yours to the list.

Last edited:
If you have asked these questions, you should be able to link to where you did so.

Odds are you just didn't like the answers.

Never-the-less.

This thread is only for the compiling of the questions.

The answers will come later. I promise.

That said, this thread is Not for answering them.

Thanks for adding yours to the list.

Two can play at that silly game, my friend...

Try this one on:

If you had answered those questions, you should be be to link to those answers.

Like I said, answer or don't, I really had no expectation that you would.

Two can play at that silly game, my friend...

Try this one on:

If you had answered those questions, you should be be to link to those answers.

Like I said, answer or don't, I really had no expectation that you would.

I'll say again one more time before I just put you on ignore.

If the question is that important to you, ask it in another thread or start a new one.

I started this thread with the idea of compiling the questions, organising them, prioritizing them and with the hopes of answering them (myself) later.

Over the years, I have dealt with your question and ones like it several times. I'm sure others have as well.

Now if you have other questions to add? That's great.

If not? That's ok too.

I'll say again one more time before I just put you on ignore.

If the question is that important to you, ask it in another thread or start a new one.

I started this thread with the idea of compiling the questions, organising them, prioritizing them and with the hopes of answering them (myself) later.

Over the years, I have dealt with your question and ones like it several times. I'm sure others have as well.

Now if you have other questions to add? That's great.

If not? That's ok too.

Nice sidestep.

As expected.

Oh please please don't put me on "ignore," I'd be oh so devastated.

:roll:

''Yet a recent study revealed that 1 in 5 Brazilian women of child-bearing age has terminated a pregnancy, and statistics by the Health Ministry show that 200,000 women each year are hospitalized because of complications arising from unsafe abortions....

The study has shocked doctors, who were surprised at just how common the illegal procedures are. "I think the big conclusion we draw from this is that the woman who has an abortion is a typical Brazilian woman...

Outgoing President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, who says he is personally against abortion, is on the record calling for the state to discuss it as a public-health, rather than as a moral, issue. — which is tied to the unsafe abortions — one of its health goals.

Read more: Brazil: Illegal Abortions Widespread, Says Health Study - TIME
''

Re post 22: I think, the who area of why women are having abortions needs to be addressed, and not just questions such as when does a feotus become a human being.

For sure, everybody knows of women who habitually use abortion as a contraceptive, but what about the other women. How many do it out of fear, desperation, lack of information..., and what could make a difference to the type of decision they make about what to do when they find themselves pregnant.

More information and education and availability of contraception?
More support for pregnancy and motherhood from society?
More information and solutions for pregnant women about the choices and challanges they will face if they remain pregnant and give birth and choose to parent?

Wow...that was a dickish maneuver if I ever saw one.

And by the way..."ideas" isn't possessive in the above sentence. Just sayin'.

Re post 22: I think, the who area of why women are having abortions needs to be addressed, and not just questions such as when does a feotus become a human being.

For sure, everybody knows of women who habitually use abortion as a contraceptive, but what about the other women. How many do it out of fear, desperation, lack of information..., and what could make a difference to the type of decision they make about what to do when they find themselves pregnant.

More information and education and availability of contraception?
More support for pregnancy and motherhood from society?
More information and solutions for pregnant women about the choices and challanges they will face if they remain pregnant and give birth and choose to parent?

I was starting to think you weren't going to get around to posting any questions.

They are some good ones,.... so I'm glad you did.

Back
Top Bottom