• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Help Wanted

Why did "God" murder David and Bathsheba's baby? Isn't killing an innocent being for the deeds of its parents a sin?

Why did "God" murder David and Bathsheba's baby? Isn't killing an innocent being for the deeds of its parents a sin?

It is ridiculous to bring any religion into a discussion like this one. All religions had roles in civilizing society at some point in history, but this is irrelevant in the modern world, because what was an advance in civilization 2000 years ago is backward in todays world.

Those who use religion only to make pointless points, rather than using it to get in touch with their spiritual side should give up religion and try something else they understand better.

these things seem pretty clear to me.

<snip>

If women and motherhood were respected, in the first place in all societies, then there likely would not be so many abortions. Women cant really be expected to go through an enforced pregnancy and birth and then possible motherhood, in societies where these things will only reduce her status. Capitalist societies do not support motherhood, because mothers dedicate so much of their time and themselves to motherhood rather than earning a lot of money. But, societies which are not so capatilist yet often do not respect the rights of women and children at all. Despite having the more nurturing nature, women are rejecting motherhood for respect, freedom, wealth... because these at the things that will give her some status. Motherhood wont.

Well,... that was quite an essay.

But I'm still looking for those who can make their points maybe in the form of a question or two,... or ten.

It is ridiculous to bring any religion into a discussion like this one.

That's why I brought up the point; many anti-choicers rely only on religious beliefs without independent analysis. But I don't believe there's a good secular argument against the legality of abortion.

Since many criminals have come to be due to their upbringing and surroundings, is it really better or fair for a "unborn child" to come into a world where they are likely to become a criminal because of their upbringing than having let them never be born to begin with?

Since many criminals have come to be due to their upbringing and surroundings, is it really better or fair for a "unborn child" to come into a world where they are likely to become a criminal because of their upbringing than having let them never be born to begin with?

A very good question to add to the list.

Thank you.

What are the social and economic ramifications of forcing pregnant women into parenthood when they aren't ready? How would it affect entitlement programs, youth and gang violence, poverty rates, and resource allocation?

Honestly i think it will cause people to start making better decisions...when it is a requirement that you accept the consequences of your actions, actions tend to change. You seem to believe that if all these abortions don't happen then all of thos babies will be born...this is not the case 1 because sometimes peopele have 2 abortions within a 9 month period...not possible if the pregnancy is allowed to run it's course naturally.

How would illegalization of abortion affect the justice system, prison populations, and the meaning of marriage and pregnancy in a free society? What new measures would be required, judicially, to discover and enact enforcement of pregnancies upon women in the United States?

It would not affect them significantly. But we cannot know either way, becaue abortion is not illegal...i do believe however that prison population and crime rate have gone UP since abortion has been legal....maybe other factors are at play here.

In what way does illegalizing abortion provide the best possible outcome for stable, loving families and in turn a society with a solid foundation?

I'm not sure why that's important...what you're saying here is that if a family is not stable and loving then it should be ok to kill one of the children to even that out...i disagree.

At the moment an egg and sperm meet to become a zygote, why "should" constitutional personhood be granted to it that is equal to a born baby or an adult human?

because it's a human being, plain and simple.

Why are individual sperm and eggs not granted the same status even though they are the ingredients for the creation of life?

because no matter how long you allow the sperm and egg to swim around seperately under natural conditions they will NEVER turn into a human being....EVER.

What would fetal "personhood" mean for legal access to contraception, including condoms, birth control pills, IUDs, and the morning after pill?

I think IUD's and the Morning after pill need to go...they can be the same as abortion. All other forms of contracption are just fine.

Why should personhood be granted to fetuses at stages where they are naturally and disproportionately more vulnerable to spontaneous abortion and miscarriage, thus requiring legal intervention and investigation when a woman miscarries?

That's silly, no...miscarriges are natural and they happen all that the Pro Life agenda wants is that nature is allowed to run it's course without intervention. If a fetus/zygote dies naturally that's no different than a person dying naturally.

How would making abortion illegal actually prevent it from happening, when it has always happened for thousands of years outside of the innovations of modern medical technology and legal purview? (i.e. herbs, pressure points, bodily neglect, stress, and injury can all facilitate rapid abortion.)

It would not stop abortion from happening any more than murder being illegal stops murder, just because it will not be stopped completely does not mean we should legalize it. Do you propose we legalize murder?

Why is there a modern claim to fetal personhood under religious virtue when that claim didn't exist before, even during the most conservative, theocratic reigns of Europe during the Middle Ages?

I don't know, and i don't care. the religious have been mistaken about many things over time, being mistaken has no berring on the trugh.

What is the direct relationship between the women's suffrage movement and the anti-abortion movement in both the United States and Great Britain?

...this would requre research that i'm not willng to do, becuase it's irrelevent to my beliefs.

Back
Top Bottom