• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Help me to understand the conservative mind.

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
In over forty five years of voting I have never agreed with the platform of the GOP. I've always thought they were the party that represented corporate america over everything else. However I never considered them the enemy of democracy. Today I'm not so sure what the GOP stands for when I read t-shirts that state I would rather be russian than democrat. A president who says the news media is the enemy of the people and the FBI is full of corrupt liberals to mention only a few.

What happened to the GOP? Help me to understand please.

In over forty five years of voting I have never agreed with the platform of the GOP. I've always thought they were the party that represented corporate america over everything else. However I never considered them the enemy of democracy. Today I'm not so sure what the GOP stands for when I read t-shirts that state I would rather be russian than democrat. A president who says the news media is the enemy of the people and the FBI is full of corrupt liberals to mention only a few.

I see what the problem is...you've let yourself be uninformed by lies and misinformation from the media. Trump never said the media was the enemy of the people. First get the quote right and then perhaps we can move forward with some of the other points and perceptions you got wrong.

I see what the problem is...you've let yourself be uninformed by lies and misinformation from the media. Trump never said the media was the enemy of the people. First get the quote right and then perhaps we can move forward with some of the other points and perceptions you got wrong.

Correct me then, what exactly did he say concerning somebody or something being the enemy of the people? And please don't say the fake news, trump is a walking monument to fake news.

exactly, when the providers of the new distort, abridge and omit information that doesn't support their ideology they ARE the enemy of the people. There is a profound difference between a FREE press and a FAIR press.

They were and are, since Reagan or earlier, only about property rights. If you boil it down, that is the foundation of conservative thinking. Don't you take my stuff, is their shrill repetition. It is the heart of their tax mania, their gun rights fixation and their hatred of government. They abuse themselves with a fantasy that you can have currency without regulation, markets without rules, society without taxes. They're ****ing bat ****.

I think the only thing that could help you understand them is to walk around with your head in a bucket full of bees with a recording of Hank Williams' greatest hits playing at 130db. A lobotomy is faster.

Correct me then, what exactly did he say concerning somebody or something being the enemy of the people? And please don't say the fake news, trump is a walking monument to fake news.

He said, "The fake news media is the enemy of the people." So when whatever news is pushing misinformation, that usually divides us more, then that is when the comment applies.

I think what you mean is ... "please help me to stir the pot" ... :lamo

He said, "The fake news media is the enemy of the people." So when whatever news is pushing misinformation, that usually divides us more, then that is when the comment applies.

Arrrrggggghhhh, I asked you not to say fake news when trump leads the nation in fake news. Sad.

You will never get an honest answer to this question.

I think what you mean is ... "please help me to stir the pot" ... :lamo

What I mean is what happened to the party of reagan? Do you think there would have ever, ever been even a hint of russian interference in our elections or even crazier maybe colluding with russia? He didn't want to build walls, he wanted to include people in america. He never talked about fake news and don't believe what you're seeing or hearing about his presidency only believe him or fox. That GOP party or at least that part of the party.

That is stupid. Trump is the one defining what is and is not "fake news". In effect you are just saying any news he does not like is the enemy of the people. How is that any different?

Trumpism happened. Enough Republicans in the right concentration of states chose fear and resentment over reason.

Now, why they persist in defending Donald's mendacity, idiocy, and egotism? Who knows.

Besides FOXNews.....he calls the rest of the media fake news. And then calls them the enemy of the people.

Parse all you want....but he clearly thinks the media (other than FOX) is fake, and the enemy of the people.

The Republicans and the CEC, have been calling the media biased, and misleading for decades. Trump just took it further...and RW'ers ate it up.

Now, if you believe in the Deep state, and think Hannity and Rush are the truth tellers.....there is no point to even discuss anything.

exactly, when the providers of the new distort, abridge and omit information that doesn't support their ideology they ARE the enemy of the people. There is a profound difference between a FREE press and a FAIR press.

Well then all I can say is thank the universe for fox, they are not only fair but as a bonus they are balanced. Eye, I'm starting to think if I said trump was wonderful, best president ever, you would disagree with me. Anyway as the donald so frequently reminds us, it's not fair.

Arrrrggggghhhh, I asked you not to say fake news when trump leads the nation in fake news. Sad.

I provided you with the proper quote. You don't get to edit quotes and make up a new narrative. You trying to play media? So what we have here is it looks like we cannot move past this point, to get to the other things wrong with your post.

That is stupid. Trump is the one defining what is and is not "fake news". In effect you are just saying any news he does not like is the enemy of the people. How is that any different?

I never said he was correct all the time. I merely provided that actual quote, and the meaning behind it. Not the edited one to fit a false narrative that the OP propagated, as well as the media. Get the damn quote right, it's not that hard, and when you don't you just prove you may have less care for the truth than Trump.

Well then all I can say is thank the universe for fox, they are not only fair but as a bonus they are balanced. Eye, I'm starting to think if I said trump was wonderful, best president ever, you would disagree with me. Anyway as the donald so frequently reminds us, it's not fair.
I woutld, because I don't think Trump is a wonderful, best president ever. I just think he's on the right track on several issues. Unlike the left few of us rights idolize or fall in love with our leaders.

I provided you with the proper quote. You don't get to edit quotes and make up a new narrative. You trying to play media? So what we have here is it looks like we cannot move past this point, to get to the other things wrong with your post.

There is no new narrative, trump claims fake news all the time, that claim doesn't make it true. Just like he claimed right to their faces he got the troops a ten percent raise, but it wasn't true. trump claims any news story about him that's negative to be fake. Seems to me you're trying to play fox news. So can we now move on to the rest of what's wrong with my post?

Besides FOXNews.....he calls the rest of the media fake news. And then calls them the enemy of the people.

Parse all you want....but he clearly thinks the media (other than FOX) is fake, and the enemy of the people.

The Republicans and the CEC, have been calling the media biased, and misleading for decades. Trump just took it further...and RW'ers ate it up.

Now, if you believe in the Deep state, and think Hannity and Rush are the truth tellers.....there is no point to even discuss anything.

If you don't know that the media is bias, all of it, then I don't know what to tell you. You're as bad as the Deep Staters.

There is no new narrative, trump claims fake news all the time, that claim doesn't make it true. Just like he claimed right to their faces he got the troops a ten percent raise, but it wasn't true. trump claims any news story about him that's negative to be fake. Seems to me you're trying to play fox news. So can we now move on to the rest of what's wrong with my post?

There actually is fake news all the time so, again, once you get past that point then we can move on to your other points. If not, remain in willful ignorance and continue to "not understand the conservative mind".

It defies logic. It's beyond comprehension.

I woutld, because I don't think Trump is a wonderful, best president ever. I just think he's on the right track on several issues. Unlike the left few of us rights idolize or fall in love with our leaders.

So how do you find a way to accept his constant lying? Tell me truthfully, if Obama had lied half as much as trump, how long would it have taken the right to try to impeach him? I think I heard today he's up to four thousand lies. Seriously, how can this be acceptable to folks?

I never said he was correct all the time. I merely provided that actual quote, and the meaning behind it. Not the edited one to fit a false narrative that the OP propagated, as well as the media. Get the damn quote right, it's not that hard, and when you don't you just prove you may have less care for the truth than Trump.

Truth is not the truth. Rudy. You want to argue over accuracy and what trump said or didn't say? How about we start with the big one. Who's paying for the wall? Mexico, 100%. So why the government shutdown?

Trump is the one defining what is and is not "fake news". In effect you are just saying any news he does not like is the enemy of the people.

Watch this:

Trump is the one defining what is and is not "fake news". In effect you are just saying any news he does not like is the enemy of the people.

bart-simpson-Trump defines fakenews.jpg

Now, sit back and watch the bees nest explode.

Back
Top Bottom