• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Help me solve this mystery.....

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I went to my classroom today and saw this hanging from the ceiling:

946613_10151553471062123_1756500125_n.jpg

It's kind of roundish, but not quite a sphere. It's amber-colored, translucent except for that black spot there. What the heck is that?

l dont think it is as dangerous as scorpion

I went to my classroom today and saw this hanging from the ceiling:

View attachment 67150652

It's kind of roundish, but not quite a sphere. It's amber-colored, translucent except for that black spot there. What the heck is that?

It's the all seeing eye. the administration is spying on you. either that or a giant booger....

seriously though, how big is it? hard to tell from the pic.

That's a mostly eaten orange tootsie roll pop where the stick was poked or thrown through the ceiling tile...?

It's the all seeing eye. the administration is spying on you. either that or a giant booger....

:lol:

It's about the size of a penny.

You can tell from the bracket for the drop ceiling. It's only about 1/2-3/4 of an inch. What it is depends on whether it leaked through the tile or is attached to it from the surface.

:lol:

It's about the size of a penny.

have you touched it? is it solid? is it a gel/semi-solid? is it a fluid filled sac? whatever it is..it looks disgusting.

You can tell from the bracket for the drop ceiling. It's only about 1/2-3/4 of an inch. What it is depends on whether it leaked through the tile or is attached to it from the surface.

yeah, upon closer look, I could see the opposite edge of the bracket. whatever it is, it looks too big to be something that came out of a bug's ass.

It is probably an egg that was laid by an alien species that only eats school teachers!

My guess is a blob of candy stuck to the ceiling, then attempted to be set afire with a lighter. ;)

Scape it off with a ruler and have a baggie handy just in case it's something worth saving. Lift and remove ceiling tile and look at the back. Looks like something is slowly leaking through the ceiling panel. If all else fails, have an administrator do it, they're expendable. :mrgreen:

I'm afraid to touch it! :lol:

To me, it looks.......squishy.

At first glance it looks like some kind of resin but the question is how it got there. If it's leaking through the tile then that means something is wrong in the ceiling that needs to be fixed.

It's a tumor......

Scape it off with a ruler and have a baggie handy just in case it's something worth saving. Lift and remove ceiling tile and look at the back. Looks like something is slowly leaking through the ceiling panel.

Lifting the tile might be a bad idea because one of the other things it looks like is honey.

That's a mostly eaten orange tootsie roll pop where the stick was poked or thrown through the ceiling tile...?

i bet you're right.

Oh............no.

Well, just scrape it off and find out.

Out of curiosity, are there any other spots on the tiles like water was leaking or something? It could just be a watery bubble that comes from a leak in the roof that picked up "stuff" on the way through. I don't see a water ring around the thing but that would be the most likely cause.

Leave it there and tell the kids it will grow into a super scary monster if they don't listen to their teacher.

It's a plastic fish eye.

il_570xN.201787213.jpg

They are used to make custom lures.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom