• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

'Help me': Graham begs for cash in tighter-than-expected race

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

South Carolina hasn't voted for a Democratic senator since 1998, but Graham faces a well-funded opponent and changing political tides.

9/25/20
Lindsey Graham started the summer with more cash in the bank than any Republican senator other than Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. But now he’s begging for money. Twice on Thursday, Graham, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, went on Fox News Channel and implored viewers to donate to his campaign against Democrat Jaime Harrison in South Carolina, a closer-than-expected contest that Republicans need to win to protect their majority. “I’m getting overwhelmed,” Graham told conservative talk-show host Sean Hannity Thursday night. “LindseyGraham.com. Help me. They’re killing me, money-wise. Help me. You helped me last week — help me again. LindseyGraham.com.” Graham’s pleas have escalated over the past week since Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death, but trouble has been looming for the third-term senator for some time now. Harrison has outraised and outspent Graham in every fundraising period this year, and the polls have the candidates running neck-and-neck, despite Trump’s lead over Joe Biden in the state.

Aww. Brings a tear to my eye for that poor country boy from South Carolina, three-time GOP Senator Lyndsey "Hypocrite" Graham.

Maybe Uncle Trumpy will dig into his own pockets to help you out Lyndsey. 😀

Back
Top Bottom