• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Help an injured soldier.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Donate to the intrepid fallen heroes fund 100% of donations goes to help build a veterans hospital in San Diego. Here's a website with all the information:

http://www.fallenheroesfund.org/fallenheroes/index.php

It's to bad that we have to even depend on donations and bake sales to fund more veteran hospitals. It's a crying shame that the a-holes in the White House don't give a sh!t when it comes to helping our veterans after they have been exploited and used in Iraq and Vietnam etc.

The republicans love our troops but they hate them once they are used up and of no help and are seeking help. Ask most wounded and ill veterans if you don't believe me.

Last edited:
KidRocks said:
It's to bad that we have to even depend on donations and bake sales to to fund more veteran hospitals. It's a crying shame that the a-holes in the White House don't give a sh!t when it comes to helping our veterans after they have been exploited and used in Iraq and Iraq etc.

The republicans love our troops but they hate them once they are used up and of no help and are seeking help. Ask most wounded and ill veterans if you don't believe me.

The fund has not asked for nor does it want governmental assistance. Private charity is more effective than big government will ever be so take your partisan sh!t and p!ss off.

The fund has not asked for nor does it want governmental assistance. Private charity is more effective than big government will ever be so take your partisan sh!t and p!ss off.

Don't let this boy get to you, just ignore him, he just craves attention, and now your feeding the proverbial bears.:doh

It SOUNDS good and everything....but it's supposed to be located at Brooke Army Medical Center, which is located on Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas (not San Diego like you said in your original post, ToT). If it's on a military base.....why are they taking private donations? I've never seen or heard of something being built on a military installation using anything but government funds. Sure, they bring in contractors from the local area to actually do the building, but it's all paid for through DoD.

Stace said:
It SOUNDS good and everything....but it's supposed to be located at Brooke Army Medical Center, which is located on Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas (not San Diego like you said in your original post, ToT). If it's on a military base.....why are they taking private donations? I've never seen or heard of something being built on a military installation using anything but government funds. Sure, they bring in contractors from the local area to actually do the building, but it's all paid for through DoD.

God you're such a conspiracy theorist, the most effective support for our troops will come from the citizenry itself. This charity has asked for absolutely no Governmental assistance and that's why I support it, this charity is how it should be; voluntary. I really can't believe how you people defame this noble cause for partisan purposes, grow a soul. This is not only a paritisan issue, it's a human issue, I can only afford $20.00, how much can you spare? Either you support our troops or you don't, and if you don't well then may the gods be merciful upon your soul.

"With reasonable men, I will reason; with humane men I will plead; but to tyrants I will give no quarter, nor waste arguments where they will certainly be lost."--William Lloyd Garrison

God you're such a conspiracy theorist, the most effective support for our troops will come from the citizenry itself.

Conspiracy theorist? Hardly. But as I said, I have NEVER heard of this being done before.

This charity has asked for absolutely no Governmental assistance and that's why I support it, this charity is how it should be; voluntary. I really can't believe how you people defame this noble cause for partisan purposes, grow a soul.

Partisan purposes? Nope. If it's legit, I think it's great. But I'm allowed to have my reservations about it, just like anyone else, and just like with any other charity.

This is not only a paritisan issue, I can only afford $20.00, how much can you spare?

How about four years of my life, four years of my husband's life...the list goes on and on. My family has given a LOT to the military.

Either you support our troops or you don't, and if you don't well then may the gods be merciful upon your soul.

Joining the service is the best way anyone could show their support. I did it, why haven't you?

And you obviously haven't looked too closely at my sig.

Stace said:
Conspiracy theorist? Hardly. But as I said, I have NEVER heard of this being done before.

Partisan purposes? Nope. If it's legit, I think it's great. But I'm allowed to have my reservations about it, just like anyone else, and just like with any other charity.

How about four years of my life, four years of my husband's life...the list goes on and on. My family has given a LOT to the military.

Joining the service is the best way anyone could show their support. I did it, why haven't you?

And you obviously haven't looked too closely at my sig.

Well check this out chick (ya you're still a girl) big government is a joke and can never be trusted to serve our countrymen, it is up to us through private charity, are you going to honestly sit here and say that our troops should rely on the welfare state????!!!! Fuc/k that they deserve more and the welfare state is bullshit they deserve everything they need not what big government decides!

Never should the fate of our soldiers be put in the hand of the state, they are of, by, and for the people, and as such they must have their support from the people but if that support comes from the state alone that's called totalitarianism!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Well check this out chick (ya you're still a girl) big government is a joke and can never be trusted to serve our countrymen, it is up to us through private charity, are you going to honestly sit here and say that our troops shoul rely on the welfare state????!!!! Fuc/k that they deserve more and the welfare state is bullshit they deserve everything they need not what big government decides!

No, Traj, you're absolutely right. Our citizens need to be doing more for our troops, because it's quite obvious the government isn't doing nearly enough. Just look at the cuts in VA spending. That alone should raise a big red flag.

Never should the fate of our soldiers be put in the hand of the state, they are of, by, and for the people, and as such they must have their support from the people and never from the state alone that's called totalitarianism!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, you're absolutely right. And I did some more research on this charity, and from what I can see, they're perfectly legit. All I was saying is it seemed a little odd, because I've never heard of a military facility being funded by outside sources. Not to mention, Fort Sam Houston is practically nothing but a) a training post for medical related MOS's; and
b) a post full of medical facilities.

But hey, one more can't hurt. :smile:

Stace said:
No, Traj, you're absolutely right. Our citizens need to be doing more for our troops, because it's quite obvious the government isn't doing nearly enough. Just look at the cuts in VA spending. That alone should raise a big red flag.

Again, you're absolutely right. And I did some more research on this charity, and from what I can see, they're perfectly legit. All I was saying is it seemed a little odd, because I've never heard of a military facility being funded by outside sources. Not to mention, Fort Sam Houston is practically nothing but a) a training post for medical related MOS's; and
b) a post full of medical facilities.

But hey, one more can't hurt. :smile:

Fuc/k the government they're obsolete, within the current context of a federalist governemnt it seems basically that it is a non-issue but within the context of the Constitution it has veered very far from the ideal. You're a soldier tell me what this means, and if you can't the military is not teaching you the basis of the U.S. military: "Nex ut tyrannus y sic semper tyrannus, licentia vel nex."

The thing about it is is you're not only a classical beauty but you're a servant of the Republic (soldier) if I had one half of your power and respect, then things would be very different.

Last edited:
Fuc/k the government they're obsolete, within the current context of a federalist governemnt it seems basically that it is a non-issue but within the context of the Constitution it has veered very far from the ideal. You're a soldier tell me what this means, and if you can't the military is not teaching you the basis of the U.S. military: "Nex ut tyrannus y sic semper tyrannus, licentia vel nex."

The thing about it is is you're not only a classical beauty but you're a servant of the Republic (soldier) if I had one half of your power and respect, then things would be very different.

Gotta tell you Traj, I have no idea what that phrase means.

Stace said:
Gotta tell you Traj, I have no idea what that phrase means.

WTF? Air Force right? What are you people over at the AF doing? How could you go through Boot Camp and not know Latin? I gotta tell you I'm a little surprised to hear you guys are so far behind the times. I know when I was in Navy Boot they canceled our "Man over board, survival at sea training" so they could teach us an out dated foreign language.

I think they did that so we could sound smart when posting on internet forums in the future. See planning ahead.

Pacridge said:
WTF? Air Force right? What are you people over at the AF doing? How could you go through Boot Camp and not know Latin? I gotta tell you I'm a little surprised to hear you guys are so far behind the times. I know when I was in Navy Boot they canceled our "Man over board, survival at sea training" so they could teach us an out dated foreign language.

I think they did that so we could sound smart when posting on internet forums in the future. See planning ahead.

They must have dropped the ball in my squadron then, because I certainly don't remember learning any Latin ;)

Pacridge said:
Well I'm writing my Congressman, simply unacceptable.

In all seriousness, it is a little sad that I don't know much Latin....they really should offer it in more high school curriculums. I went to one of the best high schools in my area, and the only language classes we had were Spanish and German - I took Spanish because I had started taking it in 8th grade, so I already knew the basics. But it's so sad that kids don't even have the choice of taking something else, not even French, for crying out loud!!! But Latin, well, many people encounter Latin phrases throughout their life, and I think even a short, basic course in Latin would be quite beneficial to most folks.

Back
Top Bottom