• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hell's Kitchen winner failed drug test

Mathematician

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Well there goes the respect I had for Ja'Nel, the recent winner of Hell's Kitchen. The stupid woman blew a golden opportunity by testing positive for cocaine. What really grinds my gears is the current rumor that she'll apparently still get the $250,000 salary. What a great message that sends. Despite finding Mary's little girly voice and personality annoying, I think Gordon needs to pass the opportunity to her.

'Hell's Kitchen' Winner Ja'Nel Witt -- FAILED DRUG TEST | TMZ.com

Well there goes the respect I had for Ja'Nel, the recent winner of Hell's Kitchen. The stupid woman blew a golden opportunity by testing positive for cocaine. What really grinds my gears is the current rumor that she'll apparently still get the $250,000 salary. What a great message that sends. Despite finding Mary's little girly voice and personality annoying, I think Gordon needs to pass the opportunity to her.

Another life opportunity squandered by drug use, what a shame.

Another life opportunity squandered by drug use, what a shame.

Um, a 250,000 dollar salary is not an opportunity squandered. I don't do drugs and that's a lot more than what I make! :lol:

Good chef does drugs? Tell it to Anthony Bourdain! Apparently, it's not that uncommon.

More likely, writes Anthony Bourdain in Kitchen Confidential, that elegant three-star concoction is the collaborative effort of a team of "wacked-out moral degenerates, dope fiends, refugees, a thuggish assortment of drunks, sneak thieves, sluts, and psychopaths," in all likelihood pierced or tattooed and incapable of uttering a sentence without an expletive

Kitchen Confidential, Insider's Edition: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly: Anthony Bourdain: 9780062231376: Amazon.com: Books

coke is stupid. that being said, this looks like more drug warrior nonsense.

Who cares what drugs the person did or did not do, on their own time.
It is not her employers business, and certainly not your business.

For coke, I do believe it should be an employers right to dictate usage at the work place.
But at home or on their own time... no freaking way.

I should also note that I am not for the legalization of cocaine.
I simply think that it is not an employer's business what someone does outside of work unless it is somehow affecting the business.

Who cares what drugs the person did or did not do, on their own time.
It is not her employers business, and certainly not your business.

For coke, I do believe it should be an employers right to dictate usage at the work place.
But at home or on their own time... no freaking way.

I should also note that I am not for the legalization of cocaine.
I simply think that it is not an employer's business what someone does outside of work unless it is somehow affecting the business.

There is a dichotomy here, note that Alcohol is legal and people can and do develop a dependency on
the stuff and it does damage careers, families ( etc... ) so if one substance is legal, and has these properties,
hell NICOTINE is addictive and a LOT of professional cooks smoke like Chimneys...
The judgement about the addictive substances is simply that some people get out-of-control and
will abandon their jobs, families ( etc... ) to indulge in their drug of choice. its a very real danger.

Danger Will Robinson .... DANGER!

To paraphrase Apocalypse Now...busting people for doing coke in the restaurant business is like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500.

Oh no...Cocaine! Did she put it in the food? If not, then it's not my business and I don't care.

Why in the heck would a chef get fired for using cocaine?

Last edited:
Oh no...Cocaine! Did she put it in the food? If not, then it's not my business and I don't care.
Why in the heck would a chef get fired for using cocaine?

Unbelievable. :doh

It is the employers business as he is paying for the insurance that covers the mistakes made by the Chef.
If the Chef screws up under the influence, the employer is on the hook for the damage if there is any.
So it is better to not have those who make poor personal choices working for you.

It is the employers business as he is paying for the insurance that covers the mistakes made by the Chef.
If the Chef screws up under the influence, the employer is on the hook for the damage if there is any.
So it is better to not have those who make poor personal choices working for you.

She won...it didn't seem to have a functional effect on her abilities.

Again, not in the food then it's not my business. Too many people believe themselves so upright, morally obligated to get into people's business these days and this is what pushes all our zero-tolerance BS. If it effects performance, then OK, if not then STFU and mind your own business.

She won...it didn't seem to have a functional effect on her abilities.

Again, not in the food then it's not my business. Too many people believe themselves so upright, morally obligated to get into people's business these days and this is what pushes all our zero-tolerance BS. If it effects performance, then OK, if not then STFU and mind your own business.

Is there some drug exclusion in the show's contract? Because other than that, who cares if she snorts drain cleaner, she won fair and square.

Back
Top Bottom