• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hello

Nwolfe35

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I am a 60 year old white, heterosexual male. Originally from the state of New Hampshire but I have been living in Virginia for over 30 years. (Came here by way of the United States Navy)

I voted for Ronald Reagan in 1980 and 1984...by 1988 I had deconverted from Christianity and saw that the religious right was taking over the GOP and started voting Libertarian.

I voted Libertarian up to 2016 when we elected the worst president in my lifetime. In 2020 I voted, for the first time, for the Democrat. Not so much because I was a Biden supporter but we needed to get Trump out....we need to keep him out.

I believe I am witnessing the destruction of the GOP as a national party. As long as Trump and the evangelical christians hold any influence at all in the GOP I will continue to vote Democrat

Welcome and good luck in your time here.

I am a 60 year old white, heterosexual male. Originally from the state of New Hampshire but I have been living in Virginia for over 30 years. (Came here by way of the United States Navy)

I voted for Ronald Reagan in 1980 and 1984...by 1988 I had deconverted from Christianity and saw that the religious right was taking over the GOP and started voting Libertarian.

I voted Libertarian up to 2016 when we elected the worst president in my lifetime. In 2020 I voted, for the first time, for the Democrat. Not so much because I was a Biden supporter but we needed to get Trump out....we need to keep him out.

I believe I am witnessing the destruction of the GOP as a national party. As long as Trump and the evangelical christians hold any influence at all in the GOP I will continue to vote Democrat

Welcome.

I can very much respect the independence inherent in switching party voting status, and I admire it. I'm of like spirit, and have eschewed party affiliation.

Howdy Doody, Nwolfe35!! Welcome to the forum.

btw, you aren't witnessing the destruction of the GOP as a national party. You are witnessing the destruction of the GOP as a globalist party.

Howdy Doody, Nwolfe35!! Welcome to the forum.

btw, you aren't witnessing the destruction of the GOP as a national party. You are witnessing the destruction of the GOP as a globalist party.
Nope.

As long as a significant portion of the GOP continues to kowtow to Trump they are done as a national party.

As long as they keep putting forth candidates that buy into the "Big Lie" that the 2020 election was stolen, they are done as a national party.

To be fair there will always be pockets of MAGA induced madness...but on a national scale? Their time is over.

Your post strikes a lot of chords with me. I share your views on the current American climate and certainly the destruction of the GOP as we know it. Whether it will have the same impact or more is the question.
I don't see a political solution in the future, I believe sooner or later Trump will pull the pins on the grenades he's been hording and America once again will have to fight for its freedom on its own land.

I have sad this before: Donald Trump is insane. He would consider it "beautiful" to stand on a pile of rubble that was the US congress and call himself "Emperor"

Too many times believable pundits have announced his coffin closure only to have him revive in the night and drain some more blood from his fans

@Nwolfe35 Hello and welcome to Debate Politics, good to have you join us! Good post, I agree.

92114ST.jpg

You are, it's a sad fact.
But I think you may very well encounter a few level headed conservatives here. They do exist.
And of course, I also know you'll encounter some level headed Dems, too.
And....of course....you will encounter the usual cast of characters from the looney bin on both sides as well.

But stick with us here on the dark side, we have cookies. 😎

Uh-oh, @Nwolfe35

You don't want to be eating any cookies from CBS! ;) If you do, you might very well wake up naked and tied to a chair at a Ouiji-Board concert by Leon Russell singing other-worldly, rock-gospel-bluegrass songs. CBS is a rather congenial and very intelligent poster but he is also a very zealous booster of that late but great singer/songwriter. So avoid the cookies at all costs. Stranger-danger!

I liked and sympathised with your introductory post very much. Welcome aboard.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

welcome aboard

this is a great place to share your opinions
bet you will be impressed by the number of very bright, well informed folks posting unique insights

there are some unique rules in a few sub-forums, such as the middle east discussion area. become acquainted with them and the mods will leave you alone

take no prisoners!

Hi NWolfe, your journey sounds a lot like mine. Raised republican and voted Reagan - then switched to libertarian until the Obama years. Then the people I was meeting in real life who identified as libertarians seemed to become more like republicans on steroids and not the fiscally conservative, socially liberal folks that I imagined libertarians to be. I then voted for some democrats and some republicans until 2016 since then I've voted pretty much straight democrat. I like to view myself as an independent, but the Republican Party has disappointed me to the point where I am not sure if I can vote for them again. (in 2020 we had a horrible democratic county prosecutor as the incumbent. I thought I would have to voter for the republican, but she lost her primary so fortunately I could go straight ticket)

Welcome

Welcome. I have similar thoughts regarding the malignant narcissist scumbag piece of shit liar grifter and seditionist. Not a big fan of the recent rise of the christian nationalist fascists either.

So Biden sucks? Got it!
I didn't say that.

I said my bare minimum reason I had for voting for Biden was to get Trump out of office. Biden accomplished that. That fact offers no insight whatsoever as to how I feel about Biden's performance as President.

Welcome. I have similar thoughts regarding the malignant narcissist scumbag piece of shit liar grifter and seditionist. Not a big fan of the recent rise of the christian nationalist fascists either.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

That quote has stuck with me since I first read it in Jr. High School in the mid 70s

Asimov is also one of the people that led me out of Christianity. Asimov's Guide to the Bible was a big influence.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

That quote has stuck with me since I first read it in Jr. High School in the mid 70s

Asimov is also one of the people that led me out of Christianity. Asimov's Guide to the Bible was a big influence.
One of my favorite quotes by him. I also discovered Asimov in school, Highschool history class in the early 80's.

Back
Top Bottom