• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hello to all the Progressive Democrats!

Madacapa

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I just wanted to say hello. I am glad I found these boards. Let me lay out my political beliefs for all to see:

I am pro choice.
I am pro death penalty
I am pro civil unions for gays.
I am pro gun control.
I am pro decriminalizing marijuana.
I am pro separation of church/state.
I am pro raising taxes on the rich.
I am pro Universal Health Care.

More later...:lol:

Well you and I agree on the Death Penalty and Pot.
The others we might have to talk about a bit.

Welcome to Debate Politics! :2wave:

I'm not a progressive Democrat; but, hi back at you anyway.
Welcome to Debate Politics.
Glad you're here.

vauge said:
Well you and I agree on the Death Penalty and Pot.
The others we might have to talk about a bit.

Welcome to Debate Politics! :2wave:

So you are against a separation of church and state? I guess you want us to become a theocracy.

Madacapa said:
So you are against a separation of church and state? I guess you want us to become a theocracy.

lol. There is no true seperation of church and state.

Hello Madacapa!:2wave:

welcomecolors.gif

Madacapa said:
I just wanted to say hello. I am glad I found these boards. Let me lay out my political beliefs for all to see:

I am pro choice.
I am pro death penalty
I am pro civil unions for gays.
I am pro gun control.
I am pro decriminalizing marijuana.
I am pro separation of church/state.
I am pro raising taxes on the rich.
I am pro Universal Health Care.

More later...:lol:

Welcome! I agree with you on everything, except on the death penalty.

vauge said:
lol. There is no true seperation of church and state.

Thomas Jefferson made it clear in that letter that there was, even though those words were not written in the Constitution.

Here is a question...how do right wing Conservative Representatives and Senators know when to take bathroom and lunch breaks? That wasn't written in the Constitution! Did the Founding Fathers assume that intelligent men (and women later on) would be able to pass laws and make decisions on their own? A strict Constructionist would be unable to do anything that isn't specifically spelled out in the Constitution. That would make them rigid, inflexible, and dangerous! Kind of like our current president.

Also, to Kalel, there are some people on this planet who are so evil and depraved that death would be a mercy for them. If someone raped and murdered my children or wife, I would call for the death penalty, even if it was made illegal. I agree with many of the arguements against it, but in the end I am for it.

Last edited:
Madacapa said:
Thomas Jefferson made it clear in that letter that there was, even though those words were not written in the Constitution.

Here is a question...how do right wing Conservative Representatives and Senators know when to take bathroom and lunch breaks? That wasn't written in the Constitution! Did the Founding Fathers assume that intelligent men (and women later on) would be able to pass laws and make decisions on their own? A strict Constructionist would be unable to do anything that isn't specifically spelled out in the Constitution. That would make them rigid, inflexible, and dangerous! Kind of like our current president.

Also, to Kalel, there are some people on this planet who are so evil and depraved that death would be a mercy for them. If someone raped and murdered my children or wife, I would call for the death penalty, even if it was made illegal. I agree with many of the arguements against it, but in the end I am for it.

Methods of breaking horses were also passed along. It was common practice to break wild horses by riding them in a lake or river or boggy area; later, experienced Indian horsemen employed the same methods used by horse trainers today. Another Indian practice was the use of a quirt instead of spurs.

http://college.hmco.com/history/readerscomp/naind/html/na_015700_horsesandind.htm

Back
Top Bottom