• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hello neighbors

Curiousneighbor

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I have been watching this forum and decided I could safely join in. Not having a dog in this fight, I am Canadian, I will refrain from offering opinions but have a lot of questions regarding the electoral system.
Interestingly enough, I have strong American roots. My grand mother's family settled in Idaho before coming to Canada but only for a brief period, they likely couldn't handle Alberta winters. My grand father from Wisconsin somehow landed in the same area where they met and stayed to raise a family.

I have been watching this forum and decided I could safely join in. Not having a dog in this fight, I am Canadian, I will refrain from offering opinions but have a lot of questions regarding the electoral system.
Interestingly enough, I have strong American roots. My grand mother's family settled in Idaho before coming to Canada but only for a brief period, they likely couldn't handle Alberta winters. My grand father from Wisconsin somehow landed in the same area where they met and stayed to raise a family.

You're a fellow Canuck, eh? Half my family is Quebec born and raised. I'm a southerner who can't handle the Canadian Winters. What do you want to know about the US electoral system?

Hello, Curiousneighbor! Welcome to the Forums!

I'm TheGoverness, nice to meet you. :2wave:

I am wondering how and why this seemingly complicated presidential selection process evolved. Here it is first past the post, the party with the most seats in parliament forms the government and their leader becomes top dog.

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to weigh in on opinions too, you don't have to refrain in any way. Also, I'm sure most of us would be happy to answer questions about our electoral system.

****. THAT.

Speak your mind.

This is the definition of honesty.

If we dont sometime during this life figure out that we should be honest, well, we wasted our time here then didn't we......

Last edited:
I am wondering how and why this seemingly complicated presidential selection process evolved. Here it is first past the post, the party with the most seats in parliament forms the government and their leader becomes top dog.

I'm pretty sure it's a vestigial system left over from a time before electronic voting.

Canadian? Will you take back Sidney Crosby....please?

Two places in Canada I visited in the past...

Canadian Forces Base Comox in summer and Calgary in winter. Two extremes. Both beautiful in their own way. Wonderful people in both places.

I am also Canadian. Many good folks here. If you do not know about the electoral system to gun laws, to how States Rights work, just ask and people here will give you the information/ reasoning/ links and such.
And welcome to the Board.

I think it's a Freemason thing :)

Back
Top Bottom