• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hello. I come in peace.

I have chatted online before. I used to have pride that I had nobody on ignore but then one day I decided being able to say that was not worth it. I decided to take care of myself first and do what I want. And what I want is peaceful posting. I have no problem with disputing a point or differing views. I just have zero interest in all the personal jabs. I'm not going to be dishing them out, and I am not going to be putting up with being somebody's punching bag. I want to talk about politics, express my view, here what others think. It's about the issues, not the posters talking about them.
I run into so little of that, I can't even remember who does it.

Both good and bad people are here. Picking out the bad ones to ignore should be an easy task. (Hint: They usually are Donald Trump supporters.)
Sadly reflective of the society we live in. Fortunately it is more of a trend than a rule. But then, how can we agree on what to do about things when we do not agree as a society on the basic facts?

I have chatted online before. I used to have pride that I had nobody on ignore but then one day I decided being able to say that was not worth it. I decided to take care of myself first and do what I want. And what I want is peaceful posting. I have no problem with disputing a point or differing views. I just have zero interest in all the personal jabs. I'm not going to be dishing them out, and I am not going to be putting up with being somebody's punching bag. I want to talk about politics, express my view, here what others think. It's about the issues, not the posters talking about them.
I look at DP like volleyball, there's the serve, you try to return volley and hope to set up for the spike.

It only takes a little energy to come up with a couple creative responses and they go away.

I like to see what they're posting, so I can screw them up.

I like to see what they're posting, so I can screw them up.
Plenty of that to be found online. I am more into the actual subject debate.

A traveler approached a gated city. He asked the gatekeeper, "What kind of people live in this city?"

The gatekeeper asked, "What kind of people were in the city you are from?"

The traveler replied, "They were terrible--really mean people--I couldn't stand them."

The gatekeeper said, "You'll find the same kind of people here."

The traveler, disappointed, turned and left.

A while later, another traveler approached the city. He asked the gatekeeper, "What kind of people are in your city?"

The gatekeeper asked, "What kind of people were in the city you are from?"

The traveler replied, "Oh, they were wonderful people--the nicest I've ever met. I really hated to leave them behind."

The gatekeeper said, "You'll find the same kind of people here. Welcome!" as he opened the gate.
BINGO!

Sadly reflective of the society we live in. Fortunately it is more of a trend than a rule. But then, how can we agree on what to do about things when we do not agree as a society on the basic facts?

America was built on compromises. That is why we have bot ha House of Representatives and a Senate.

I am not into talking about other posters, and I do not appreciate others talking about me. That would be a good way to get put on ignore. In my view, the optimal forum experience is that we are here to discuss politics, not ourselves.
You may not have any trouble at all then. I've been active here over a year but I keep my comments on the topic, not the poster (most of the time ) so I don't get personal flak back. Every once in awhile, I trigger a partisan rant about all the many failings of the 'left' but it rarely has anything to do with my actual posts so I don't take it personally.

PS Once you've been here a month, you can come downstairs and let off steam if you need to. Until then, the way is closed.

America was built on compromises. That is why we have bot ha House of Representatives and a Senate.
And the Bill of Rights, which was only added to get the Constitution across the finish line.

You may not have any trouble at all then. I've been active here over a year but I keep my comments on the topic, not the poster (most of the time ) so I don't get personal flak back. Every once in awhile, I trigger a partisan rant about all the many failings of the 'left' but it rarely has anything to do with my actual posts so I don't take it personally.

PS Once you've been here a month, you can come downstairs and let off steam if you need to. Until then, the way is closed.
Sounds good to me. I was happy enough with the general candor of the board to decide to quit lurking and sign up. Glad to be able to comment now. Going to a place where personal attacks are the norm is not my style, so I probably won't be very interested in the lower levels.

Sounds good to me. I was happy enough with the general candor of the board to decide to quit lurking and sign up. Glad to be able to comment now. Going to a place where personal attacks are the norm is not my style, so I probably won't be very interested in the lower levels.
I like that you are a strong supporter of the UN, even when it isn't a rubber stamp for the US. I wish as a country we had more respect for its decisions.

Hi. I am hoping to settle in for the long run. I lurked a while before registering. I can deal with problem posters.

Just a note, how did the "If someone is a nuisance" get between the parentheses in my quote, which are not my words? Please clarify.

I like that you are a strong supporter of the UN, even when it isn't a rubber stamp for the US. I wish as a country we had more respect for its decisions.
Thank you. It only makes sense to me. A country must have a government. A society must have an organizing authority. Earth has become a society. We are increasingly interconnected. We must have a world government. I would actually like to see the UN expanded and given stronger powers. We need a central world government for the same reason that the 13 colonies needed a strong federal government.

Just a note, how did the "If someone is a nuisance" get between the parentheses in my quote, which are not my words? Please clarify.
My bad. Not intended. I am very sorry, bluesmoke. New poster, still getting used to the board. Crappy computer. Touch pad is overly sensitive. I all too frequently end up pasting things and clicking on things unintentionally. I shall endeavor to ensure it doesn't happen again. If I could, I would edit that out, but missed the chance.

Hi. I am hoping to settle in for the long run. I lurked a while before registering. I can deal with problem posters.
Welcome to DP. Hopefully your lurking will pay off. Just remember why you decided to take the plunge and you should do fine.

My bad. Not intended. I am very sorry, bluesmoke. New poster, still getting used to the board. Crappy computer. Touch pad is overly sensitive. I all too frequently end up pasting things and clicking on things unintentionally. I shall endeavor to ensure it doesn't happen again. If I could, I would edit that out, but missed the chance.

You may be sorry, but there's nothing to be sorry about. A simple mistake that can be easily excused as an oops. I just wanted clarity to understand what you were trying, if anything to say. Thx for the explanation.

I like discussing politics and learning in a peaceful and respectful way.

It's OK to disagree. We simply need to do it in a civil way.
I came here and was immediately attacked .....it appears coservatism is not welcome at least by many posters on here.....though I actually get a kick out of the hostiles....posters I mean.....I will not jump into quicksand by discussing the mods on here.

I came here and was immediately attacked .....it appears coservatism is not welcome at least by many posters on here.....though I actually get a kick out of the hostiles....posters I mean.....I will not jump into quicksand by discussing the mods on here.
You just did. :)

Thanks.

Is there an Ignore Feature here? If not I will simply refuse to respond to the rude. I just don't want that energy in my life.
Yes....there is an ignore button....cleck on the image of the poster you want to ignore and you will see the button.

I probably have more people on ignore than any poster on this board though I am still a newby.....I ignore anyone that is rude, stupid, and overly biased jackasses.

I would rather have a large ignore list than to be repeatedly pestered by nuisance posters.
Absolutely agree.....just too many of that sort on all the boards.

I am not into talking about other posters, and I do not appreciate others talking about me. That would be a good way to get put on ignore. In my view, the optimal forum experience is that we are here to discuss politics, not ourselves.

Sounds like another first timer...😆

No, but seriously, this is one of the better boards...and not just because of me either, although I am kind of a big deal, a bigger deal than @AGENT J ... he had to remove that because I was a bigger deal, right J?

Sounds like another first timer...😆

No, but seriously, this is one of the better boards...and not just because of me either, although I am kind of a big deal, a bigger deal than @AGENT J ... he had to remove that because I was a bigger deal, right J?

Bwhahahahaha nice!!!

it was just time to switch it up . . . still stuck with a Will Ferrel Qoute though just a different movie

switched it up from Anchor Man to Talladega Nights 😁

Bwhahahahaha nice!!!

it was just time to switch it up . . . still stuck with a Will Ferrel Qoute though just a different movie

switched it up from Anchor Man to Talladega Nights 😁

"democracy, existentialism, and the ménage à trois"

1640905190310.png

Hey there @Peacenik you damn hippies are gonna have
to stick with the missionary position in these here parts.

fed91cbb-3519-40d8-b00e-133a3afdb0f9_text.gif

I like discussing politics and learning in a peaceful and respectful way.

It's OK to disagree. We simply need to do it in a civil way.

If you're a peace loving anti war supporter, you will experience great difficulty.

The Left here support war. Welcome.

Back
Top Bottom