• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hello. I come in peace.

Thanks for the welcome. To each his own on using ignore. I have heard enough of the rude to last a lifetime. If someone has to personally attack someone else to make a point? It is an unworthy point. A good point will stand on it's own worth and does not require to be fortified with rudeness.
A lot of them resort to dismiss you in various ways, it is true, but hey, who else will talk to me.

For every one that posts, ten or more read and they see everyone, and they are my target audience, besides you.

Thanks for the welcome. To each his own on using ignore. I have heard enough of the rude to last a lifetime. If someone has to personally attack someone else to make a point? It is an unworthy point. A good point will stand on it's own worth and does not require to be fortified with rudeness.
Yes, I am sorry for putting that in the first person.

You're welcome.

Did you practice up somewhere to come here?

The quality of debate is the highest here at DP, we have an excellent team of moderators and any post can be reported. Anyone you debate with could end up a moderator so it pays to be polite.

You get fifteen minutes to edit or delete a comment, so it takes some courage if you're a serious debater.

I thought it was 20 minutes.

I would rather have a large ignore list than to be repeatedly pestered by nuisance posters.

I have a large ignore list. You still see messages if they are quoted and can not put any one on staff on ignore.

I have a large ignore list. You still see messages if they are quoted and can not put any one on staff on ignore.
Well, I'm glad I see you joko 104.

Welcome to the forum Peacenik. You will find a lot of good posters who are definitely worth discussing politics with, including other progressives. We have the whole range from very conservative to communist here. Many "independent" members are on one side, but not registered with any party. Over time you can figure out what the "undisclosed" people are.

I call myself a liberal because I am farther left on some issues than others.

A traveler approached a gated city. He asked the gatekeeper, "What kind of people live in this city?"

The gatekeeper asked, "What kind of people were in the city you are from?"

The traveler replied, "They were terrible--really mean people--I couldn't stand them."

The gatekeeper said, "You'll find the same kind of people here."

The traveler, disappointed, turned and left.

A while later, another traveler approached the city. He asked the gatekeeper, "What kind of people are in your city?"

The gatekeeper asked, "What kind of people were in the city you are from?"

The traveler replied, "Oh, they were wonderful people--the nicest I've ever met. I really hated to leave them behind."

The gatekeeper said, "You'll find the same kind of people here. Welcome!" as he opened the gate.

I like discussing politics and learning in a peaceful and respectful way.

It's OK to disagree. We simply need to do it in a civil way.
I wish you well in that aspiration. You will need a lot of well-wishers I suspect.

I would rather have a large ignore list than to be repeatedly pestered by nuisance posters.
Seems odd to come to a forum where you're automatically expecting that.

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, DP has a way of draining civility out of you like a starving vampire.

But you won't miss it after a while. :)

You're welcome.

Did you practice up somewhere to come here?
I have chatted online before. I used to have pride that I had nobody on ignore but then one day I decided being able to say that was not worth it. I decided to take care of myself first and do what I want. And what I want is peaceful posting. I have no problem with disputing a point or differing views. I just have zero interest in all the personal jabs. I'm not going to be dishing them out, and I am not going to be putting up with being somebody's punching bag. I want to talk about politics, express my view, here what others think. It's about the issues, not the posters talking about them.

Good for you. That's fine. I can easily see who is being quoted and simply look past the quote.

Welcome to the forum Peacenik. You will find a lot of good posters who are definitely worth discussing politics with, including other progressives. We have the whole range from very conservative to communist here. Many "independent" members are on one side, but not registered with any party. Over time you can figure out what the "undisclosed" people are.

I call myself a liberal because I am farther left on some issues than others.
Thanks for the welcome. Looks like some good people here, with good rules on a good site.

Seems odd to come to a forum where you're automatically expecting that.
I think increased disrespect found in online chatting comes with the anonymity. Sort of like the courtesy of drivers. Lack of eye contact?

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, DP has a way of draining civility out of you like a starving vampire.

But you won't miss it after a while. :)
Thanks for the welcome.

I will not be allowing civility to become a martyr.

looks like some hacker has already messed with your mercedes benz avatar

some subforums, such as middle east and religion, have additional rules unique to those topics. try to become acquainted with them early

and welcome aboard,

bubba

Thanks for the welcome. Looks like some good people here, with good rules on a good site.

Both good and bad people are here. Picking out the bad ones to ignore should be an easy task. (Hint: They usually are Donald Trump supporters.)

Hi @Peacenik, good to have you join us!

colourwelcome.jpg

looks like some hacker has already messed with your mercedes benz avatar

some subforums, such as middle east and religion, have additional rules unique to those topics. try to become acquainted with them early

and welcome aboard,

bubba
Thanks for the welcome and the tip. I get a good feeling about this place just in seeking a place to express my views and to hear what others have to say about the things that affect us all.

Back
Top Bottom