• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hello. I come in peace.

Trying to figure out how to edit my profile. Can't find the controls yet.

Welcome, Peacenik! :)

Yes, the controls can be confusing. It took me a while to learn how to change things, and even now there are some things I don't know how to do.

At any rate, welcome again!

Welcome, click on your avatar on the upper right side of the screen and a drop down will appear, click account details.
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Welcome, Peacenik! :)

Yes, the controls can be confusing. It took me a while to learn how to change things, and even now there are some things I don't know how to do.

At any rate, welcome again!
Thank you. Looking forward to some good discussions. Looks like a good group, and active. I like that.

hello-sexy-hi.gif

I like discussing politics and learning in a peaceful and respectful way.

It's OK to disagree. We simply need to do it in a civil way.
Howdy Doody, Peacenik!! Welcome to the forum.

Lots of "discussing politics" going on around here. Whether you'll learn anything is kind of hit or miss. But one thing you'll find a LOT of is incivility. Don't let that scare you off. Learn to dismiss that stuff and you'll be fine.

Howdy Doody, Peacenik!! Welcome to the forum.

Lots of "discussing politics" going on around here. Whether you'll learn anything is kind of hit or miss. But one thing you'll find a LOT of is incivility. Don't let that scare you off. Learn to dismiss that stuff and you'll be fine.
Thanks.

Is there an Ignore Feature here? If not I will simply refuse to respond to the rude. I just don't want that energy in my life.

Welcome to the forums

Thanks.

Is there an Ignore Feature here? If not I will simply refuse to respond to the rude. I just don't want that energy in my life.
Click on someone's name, and click ignore. You can't ignore staff members though.

Welcome! Always interesting to see a new face. Hopefully I'll see you around.

Yeah. Don't let Mycroft scare you off (Heh-heh). Just kidding.

Thanks.

Is there an Ignore Feature here?
There is.

If not I will simply refuse to respond to the rude. I just don't want that energy in my life.
That's what I do.

btw, there are certain levels of "rude" that the forum rules simply do not tolerate. I suggest you get to know the rules (the link is at the top of the screen) and don't be afraid to report violations.

Yeah. Don't let Mycroft scare you off (If someone is a nuisanceHeh-heh). Just kidding.
Hi. I am hoping to settle in for the long run. I lurked a while before registering. I can deal with problem posters.

I am not into talking about other posters, and I do not appreciate others talking about me. That would be a good way to get put on ignore. In my view, the optimal forum experience is that we are here to discuss politics, not ourselves.

I am not into talking about other posters, and I do not appreciate others talking about me. That would be a good way to get put on ignore. In my view, the optimal forum experience is that we are here to discuss politics, not ourselves.

Then you will love the ignore feature because people talk about each other all the time. Moderators attempt to keep it minimal, but that does not always work. Sometimes they ban posters from threads for doing it too much. Sometimes they "clean up" threads.

Thanks.

I never ignore anyone peacenick, it wouldn't be very peaceful , it's the last thing I'd want anyone to do to me, and how am I going to keep up on conversations?

Welcome to DP peacenik.

Hello and welcome!

Then you will love the ignore feature because people talk about each other all the time. Moderators attempt to keep it minimal, but that does not always work. Sometimes they ban posters from threads for doing it too much. Sometimes they "clean up" threads.
I would rather have a large ignore list than to be repeatedly pestered by nuisance posters.

The quality of debate is the highest here at DP, we have an excellent team of moderators and any post can be reported. Anyone you debate with could end up a moderator so it pays to be polite.

You get fifteen minutes to edit or delete a comment, so it takes some courage if you're a serious debater.

The quality of debate is the highest here at DP, we have an excellent team of moderators and any post can be reported. Anyone you debate with could end up a moderator so it pays to be polite.

You get fifteen minutes to edit or delete a comment, so it takes some courage if you're a serious debater.

Twenty minutes

I never ignore anyone peacenick, it wouldn't be very peaceful , it's the last thing I'd want anyone to do to me, and how am I going to keep up on conversations?

Welcome to DP peacenik.
Thanks for the welcome. To each his own on using ignore. I have heard enough of the rude to last a lifetime. If someone has to personally attack someone else to make a point? It is an unworthy point. A good point will stand on it's own worth and does not require to be fortified with rudeness.

Back
Top Bottom