• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hello I am a Baby in my Mommy’s Womb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By JP Freeman
Hello I just got here I am a new individual. I have my own DNA, different from Mom's and Dad's. Don't worry I am human my DNA proves that. Boy I love my Mom her belly is so nice and warm and it is always giving me Hugs. Mom loves me she is taking care of me by feeding me and giving me a place to grow. I notice my form is changing everyday. Did I tell you how much I love my Mommy? In just two weeks I have a brain and a heart. Now it is three weeks something is thumping do you know what it is? My heart silly. If you did not guess you must be Pro Choice. What is Pro Choice anyway? I must be getting a backbone to ask a question like that? Boy I also noticed my circulatory system is now separate from my Mommy's. I am very excited I am getting eyes I wonder what color they will be? Also my ears are starting to grow? I hope not to big. My chest is getting bigger I guess I have something called Lungs They do not work yet. One month after conception I have a separate circulatory system my heart is beating a little fast I have to work out. Five weeks now I have fingers, Bony jaw, a fully developed spinal column, ribs, I am even getting nervous no I mean a nervous system. I don't know why my system is nervous Mommy is even giving me more hugs with her belly I am so warm and comfy. It is now 7 weeks my kidneys are forming my stomach is forming. Mommy feel my muscles I am getting them to aren't you proud? Mommy it's eight weeks All my body parts are developing so fast now I even have brain waves. Mommy this little piggy went to the market this little piggy had roast beef (my favorite don't tell Victoria) I have toes now. Nine weeks I can feel pain now Mommy so please be careful. Eleven weeks now I have finger prints I can't wait to come out and put them on everything, but I am not ready yet I love my Mommy I want to stay inside awhile longer.12 weeks Mommy I did not mean to do pee pee Mommy I guess I am a boy. Mommy I feel something strange sucking it is getting stronger Mommy I am scared it hurts Mommy My arms and Legs are coming off CRY Ahhh I thought you loved me! AHH! Silence You are no longer pregnant the Doctor says
This is the Horror of Abortion.

Can anyone deny this does not happen? The story tells you how a baby developes during the time most abortions take place.

i believe this is a figurative narrative. This is meant to educate and try to get you in the mindset.

I know I was just being a jerk. I think anti abortion peeps need to find a new angle then this because, people know what abortion does but its besides the point. These people just try and make others feel guilty about it.

FinnMacCool said:
I know I was just being a jerk. I think anti abortion peeps need to find a new angle then this because, people know what abortion does but its besides the point. These people just try and make others feel guilty about it.

Guilt and fear. It is the way of the person who cannot prove their stance.

alright.... there is scientific evidence that babies have brain waves at 8 weeks gestation. We know a person is alive if they have brain waves, therefore the baby is alive. I have even written a paper on abortion for a project in my psychology class.

FinnMacCool said:
I didn't know babies could talk in their womb let alone think. . .

HMMM I guess it is fair comment to make. Do you really believe I think babies can talk in the womb? Hmmm I always get this when I post this story. When I wrote this I tried to place myself there in the womb. Knowing the way babies grow and when things happen to the baby, I tried to express that from the Babies point of veiw. The developmental facts are there. I just chose to express them in a more emotional way. A way that comes from my heart. A way that people will know who they are aborting, rather than what they are aborting.

Gibberish said:
Guilt and fear. It is the way of the person who cannot prove their stance.

Facts are there but let me add one more. Right at conception the Baby has His or Her own DNA. You know the stuff that makes us an individual. If DNA evidence can be used to prove a person was at a crime scene. Then DNA evidence can be used to prove a person is in his or her Mother's womb.

Proudly Pro Life JP Freem said:
Facts are there but let me add one more. Right at conception the Baby has His or Her own DNA. You know the stuff that makes us an individual. If DNA evidence can be used to prove a person was at a crime scene. Then DNA evidence can be used to prove a person is in his or her Mother's womb.
Sperm has its own DNA, so does an egg. So does my poop.

shuamort said:

actually, spem dna is the extension of the dna of the male that produced it. That's how they find rapists. And eggs have the dna of the woman. When a sperm and an egg meet, it creates a new person related to it's parents. And if you committed a crime and then pooped there, they can find you because the dna in your poop comes from you.

Aurora151989 said:
alright.... there is scientific evidence that babies have brain waves at 8 weeks gestation.
Prove it. Show the reference to the science.

Nah, you can not, because in real science (you know, different from anti-choice whisful thinking and misrepresentations), "brain waves" are very specific interaction patters that physically are unable to occur until after the 26th week of pregnancy.
We know a person is alive if they have brain waves,
But the fetus is not a person, so that claim is irrelevant.
therefore the baby is alive.
There is no baby until birth, and your sophistry merely underscores your ignorance.

But sophistry like that does see fun. let me try:

Ahem... (I feel the spirit coming over me, the creative muse doing her work.......):

You can't fly.
A rock can't fly.

EUREKA. YOU are a rock.
What an astonishing discovery, don't you think?

Yeah, sophistic intricacies are fun, but are utterly without meaning in the real world.
I have even written a paper on abortion for a project in my psychology class.
Oh, ah! :roll: And that means what...?

Aurora151989 said:
actually, spem dna is the extension of the dna of the male that produced it. That's how they find rapists. And eggs have the dna of the woman. When a sperm and an egg meet, it creates a new person related to it's parents. And if you committed a crime and then pooped there, they can find you because the dna in your poop comes from you.
My point being, outside of my body, DNA exists on its own. DNA doesn't make it something of value, but something of value can be made from DNA.

steen said:
There is no baby until birth, and your sophistry merely underscores your ignorance.

I'll get back to you on the brainwaves, meanwhile educate me so i am no longer ignorant.

Last edited:
shuamort said:

Yes Sperm has DNA it comes from a person if it is human DNA. Yes the Egg Has DNA it also comes from a person if it is a human egg. Poop now now if it is human poop it comes from a person

DNA from a Baby in the womb comes from a person not Mom because her DNA is different not Dad because his DNA is different. So this must be a new individual, a new person

An egg has 23 chromosones + sperm 23 Chromosones = a person

Note I know Downs and some other diseases have fewer chromosones if they came from Mom+Dad= a person to Note Mom and Dad have to be Human.

HMMM I guess it is fair comment to make. Do you really believe I think babies can talk in the womb? Hmmm I always get this when I post this story. When I wrote this I tried to place myself there in the womb. Knowing the way babies grow and when things happen to the baby, I tried to express that from the Babies point of veiw. The developmental facts are there.
Expressed per YOUR level of development, yes. That's what is dishonest and downright stupid about it. Pushing your wishful thinking as somehow factual reality to an embryo merely comes accross as dishonest emotional hyperbole.
I just chose to express them in a more emotional way. A way that comes from my heart.
Yes, that does seen to be the one-trick-pony MO of the anti-choicers; lots of emotional fervor, no fact or actual knowledge. That does NOT get you taken serious.
A way that people will know who they are aborting, rather than what they are aborting.
But all you ended up with was people knowing that you decided to misrepresent the "who." Was that productive, that spewing of emotional hyperbole with no consideration of reality?

Facts are there but let me add one more.
You really should stay away from the fact stuff, as you don't seem to have the knowledge foundation necessary to have such a discussion.
Right at conception the Baby
There is no "baby" at conception. "Baby" is a developmental stage beginning at birth; the stage at conception is "Zygote." Trying to push revisionist linguistics merely makes you appear dishonest.
has His or Her own DNA.
So does a hydatidiform mole. ARe you claiming that a hydatidiform mole is a baby?
You know the stuff that makes us an individual.
Fascinating claim. You are now claiming a tumor to be an "individual." Why do you need to make up a new, false definition of "individual? It again merely makes you look dishonest. SO in answer to your claim, no, DNA is NOT what makes us individuals, your false claim none withstanding.
If DNA evidence can be used to prove a person was at a crime scene. Then DNA evidence can be used to prove a person is in his or her Mother's womb.
really? If A can show something about B, the A must be able to show C? There is no logic to your claim or attempted connection. It is illogical and outright false.

Yes Sperm has DNA it comes from a person if it is human DNA. Yes the Egg Has DNA it also comes from a person if it is a human egg. Poop now now if it is human poop it comes from a person

DNA from a Baby in the womb comes from a person not Mom because her DNA is different not Dad because his DNA is different. So this must be a new individual, a new person

Note I know Downs and some other diseases have fewer chromosones if they came from Mom+Dad= a person to Note Mom and Dad have to be Human.
And now we're talking about rDNA which can also be made via transformation, non-bacterial transformation, and phage introduction as well as through conception. Even if both of the combined strands are from different people, the net result doesn't necessitate a human, just rDNA.

By JP Freeman
Hello I just got here I am a new individual. I have my own DNA, different from Mom's and Dad's. Don't worry I am human my DNA proves that. Boy I love my Mom her belly is so nice and warm and it is always giving me Hugs. Mom loves me she is taking care of me by feeding me and giving me a place to grow. I notice my form is changing everyday. Did I tell you how much I love my Mommy? In just two weeks I have a brain and a heart. Now it is three weeks something is thumping do you know what it is? My heart silly. If you did not guess you must be Pro Choice. What is Pro Choice anyway? I must be getting a backbone to ask a question like that? Boy I also noticed my circulatory system is now separate from my Mommy's. I am very excited I am getting eyes I wonder what color they will be? Also my ears are starting to grow? I hope not to big. My chest is getting bigger I guess I have something called Lungs They do not work yet. One month after conception I have a separate circulatory system my heart is beating a little fast I have to work out. Five weeks now I have fingers, Bony jaw, a fully developed spinal column, ribs, I am even getting nervous no I mean a nervous system. I don't know why my system is nervous Mommy is even giving me more hugs with her belly I am so warm and comfy. It is now 7 weeks my kidneys are forming my stomach is forming. Mommy feel my muscles I am getting them to aren't you proud? Mommy it's eight weeks All my body parts are developing so fast now I even have brain waves. Mommy this little piggy went to the market this little piggy had roast beef (my favorite don't tell Victoria) I have toes now. Nine weeks I can feel pain now Mommy so please be careful. Eleven weeks now I have finger prints I can't wait to come out and put them on everything, but I am not ready yet I love my Mommy I want to stay inside awhile longer.12 weeks Mommy I did not mean to do pee pee Mommy I guess I am a boy. Mommy I feel something strange sucking it is getting stronger Mommy I am scared it hurts Mommy My arms and Legs are coming off CRY Ahhh I thought you loved me! AHH! Silence You are no longer pregnant the Doctor says
This is the Horror of Abortion.

Can anyone deny this does not happen? The story tells you how a baby developes during the time most abortions take place.

"I have my own DNA, different from Mom's and Dad's. Don't worry I am human my DNA proves that" - so if we are genetically defective, it's okay to get an abortion.

Also, what about abortions that occur at like 1 week?

I mean, it is a nice story, but you can't prove that it's true or that embryos think.

Aurora151989 said:
actually, spem dna is the extension of the dna of the male that produced it. That's how they find rapists. And eggs have the dna of the woman. When a sperm and an egg meet, it creates a new person related to it's parents.
See, it is this kind of silly, false claim that gets your argument into trouble, so I must strongly advice you to stop arguing from a point of ignorance. For one, "person" is not a biological term but rather a legal term and the law is clear, "person" does not apply to the unborn. That's the first outright error in your claim. Secondly, per your argument, the conception of a hydatidiform mole MUST result in a person.

YOU are claiming that a hydatidiform mole is a person here. That is just so silly and weird as to be downright stupid. Again, I must advice you to generate some knowledge and think through your arguments rather than spewing the same dishonest prolife revisionist linguistic hyperbole we have seen so many times before.

Brutus said:
"I have my own DNA, different from Mom's and Dad's. Don't worry I am human my DNA proves that" - so if we are genetically defective, it's okay to get an abortion.

Also, what about abortions that occur at like 1 week?

I mean, it is a nice story, but you can't prove that it's true or that embryos think.

i'm sure embryos do not think, however, it's impossible to have an abortion at one week because the woman doesn't know she's pregnant. The bundle of cells gets washed out in the period.

Aurora151989 said:
I'll get back to you on the brainwaves, meanwhile educate me so i am no longer ignorant.
Brainwaves are the pattern of interaction of electric impulses in the bran. That includes the interaction between the brainstem/midbrain and the brain's cortex. The connection between these occur at the end of the 26th week of pregnancy when the thalamocortical tract connects. Until then, no signal reaches the brain's cortex, and therefore no brain processing or brain waves occur before then.

A dead person has DNA. That does not make them a living human being.

Why does it not make them one? Because they have no functional brainwaves, and they do not have the intellect that is defined as being a Homo sapien.

ok.... steen has educated me on brain waves

a heart beating plus human dna plus a living mother (barring life support) equals a real live fetus!

explain to me how something that's not living can die when the mother dies?

DNA from a Baby in the womb
There is no more such a thing than you are an undead corpse. revisionist linguistic hyoerbole of deliberate distortion of developmental stages for emotional appeal is flat-out dishonest.
comes from a person not Mom because her DNA is different not Dad because his DNA is different.
EXACTLY like a hydatidiform mole.
So this must be a new individual, a new person
Why? Why must it be so? Where is the evidence of an individual, of individual function? As long as there is an umbilical cord, there is no individual. And no, there is no person merely because you CLAIm there to be. Your "because I say so" claim is not evidence of anything but your sophistry.
Fascinating definitoon of a "person" that you MADE UP here. It means, of course, that a hydatidiform mole is a person, but somebody with Down's Syndrome are NOT a person.

See what silly claims you must endorse to support your silly revisionist linguistic hyperbole? How about usign ACTUAL facts instead of misrepresenting your made-up claims as facts?
SO that still leaves the hydatidiform mole as a person. It also shows that you didn't believe your own claim up above. maybe you should be more careful with what mathematical symbol you use next time. Up above, you insisted that the DNA was EQUAL to a person, now you claim not, essentially saying that you lied up above.

steen said:
Prove it. Show the reference to the science.

Ohio Dept of Health and my own premature Babies born alive at 20 weeks Try telling me they did not have Brains waves what was making their hearts beat? or why were the breathing. Get your facts and show me your source now. Smart guy or gal

Nah, you can not, because in real science (you know, different from anti-choice whisful thinking and misrepresentations), "brain waves" are very specific interaction patters that physically are unable to occur until after the 26th week of pregnancy.
But the fetus is not a person, so that claim is irrelevant.

Fetus is Latin for Baby

Again who is ignorant Fetus is Latin for Baby. Source Dr Albert E Reese former chairman OB/GYN Temple University. I think he is now the Dean of the Arkansau U Med School

But sophistry like that does see fun. let me try:

Ahem... (I feel the spirit coming over me, the creative muse doing her work.......):

You can't fly.
A rock can't fly.

EUREKA. YOU are a rock.
What an astonishing discovery, don't you think?

Yeah, sophistic intricacies are fun, but are utterly without meaning in the real world.
Oh, ah! :roll: And that means what...?

Well See the person who demands a source but provides none to prove his or her point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom