• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hello from tropical paradise USA!

augustus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Hey y'all I'm Gloria (Augustus is my parrot) and I'm a solid Christian conservative. I live in a tropical paradise with my three parrots and roommate. I rescue rabbits. I write, paint, draw and photograph -- all natural history subjects and art. I can't find a man who isn't a moron or a meathead here in south Florida so I'm single as can be. I was on Facebook but conservatives can't play there. I think I've had five accounts deleted because of my (very civil) posts, and that's ridiculous, so I'm here.

I'm so happy the liberals and democrats here are polite and welcome actual discussion with conservatives. It's nice that civil conversation can be had by opposing parties. I ignore name-calling, snide remarks and blanket party-bashing posts (Trumptards, libtards, etc.). I'm happy to be here.

Can you explain what is involved in rescuing rabbits? Thank you.

Howdy and welcome to the zoo. BTW, how do you "rescue" rabbits?

Rabbits recuse themselves, if the situation warrants. It pisses Trump off

Hey y'all I'm Gloria (Augustus is my parrot) and I'm a solid Christian conservative. I live in a tropical paradise with my three parrots and roommate. I rescue rabbits. I write, paint, draw and photograph -- all natural history subjects and art. I can't find a man who isn't a moron or a meathead here in south Florida so I'm single as can be. I was on Facebook but conservatives can't play there. I think I've had five accounts deleted because of my (very civil) posts, and that's ridiculous, so I'm here.

I'm so happy the liberals and democrats here are polite and welcome actual discussion with conservatives. It's nice that civil conversation can be had by opposing parties. I ignore name-calling, snide remarks and blanket party-bashing posts (Trumptards, libtards, etc.). I'm happy to be here.

Welcome! Hope you and your parrot like it here, but I wouldnlt let the parrot do all the typing. I love snide and sarcastic remarks so we're different, but then I'm just another meathead, don't ya' know?
\/

Sure! We catch wind of a rabbit in need, someone goes to the location, picks up the rabbit, brings it home, schedules a vet visit (expensive -- rabbits require an exotic vet), and then take care of them until we find a forever home for them.

I have one that was part of a hoard. One that was tossed out of a car on the street. One that was kicked out of his home (literally -- broken leg and tail). One that was left abandoned in an apartment. And one that was left in a 2'x2' cage in a classroom. One that was left on a porch. Most of them are Easter bunnies, tossed away after they grew up. Thank you for your interest!

Welcome! Hope you and your parrot like it here, but I wouldnlt let the parrot do all the typing. I love snide and sarcastic remarks so we're different, but then I'm just another meathead, don't ya' know?
\/

Thank you for the welcome! Gus actually did make a post in one of my forums. We left it :) Have a great day!

Sure! We catch wind of a rabbit in need, someone goes to the location, picks up the rabbit, brings it home, schedules a vet visit (expensive -- rabbits require an exotic vet), and then take care of them until we find a forever home for them.

I have one that was part of a hoard. One that was tossed out of a car on the street. One that was kicked out of his home (literally -- broken leg and tail). One that was left abandoned in an apartment. And one that was left in a 2'x2' cage in a classroom. One that was left on a porch. Most of them are Easter bunnies, tossed away after they grew up. Thank you for your interest!

Thank you for being so caring and selfless.

Shop around for a Verenarian's PDA. My daughter was in 4H and had 40+ rabbits, plus, goats, chickens, peacocks, guinea pigs. dogs, cats, 85 animals in total. The PDA I found at a used book store saved thousands of dollars in unneeded Vet fees. Just a suggestion.
\/

Back
Top Bottom