• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hello from Tennessee

CD8ED

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Hello all 👋

I‘m a mixed bag of conservatism (mainly sound fiscal policy and gun rights) and liberalism — although moving further left after seeing what is going on in trumplandia (Disturbing)
Everyone keeps saying I will grow more conservative as I age... not seeing it

Currently a long term member of another forum looking for new ideas, I love a good debate with limited trolling and good faith arguments which has seemed to have rapidly declined from my other forum. I recognize a few posters!

Hello all 👋

I‘m a mixed bag of conservatism (mainly sound fiscal policy and gun rights) and liberalism — although moving further left after seeing what is going on in trumplandia (Disturbing)

Currently a long term member of another forum looking for new ideas, I love a good debate with limited trolling and good faith arguments which has seemed to have rapidly declined from my other forum. I recognize a few posters!
Howdy Doody, CD8ED!! Welcome to the forum!!

I fear you may be disappointed. DP USED to be a place with limited trolling and good faith arguments, but such things have been rapidly declining here...just like your other forum.

I blame the rabid Trump haters.

Welcome to DP!

Hello all 👋

Welcome aboard CD8ED (y)

As an Independent, I've voted for many Republicans in federal elections. But that has ceased since the advent of the Trump Party. As you state -- disturbing.

I voted straight Democrat in November and it will be a long time before I vote for another Republican in a national election.

Hello all 👋

Welcome CD8ED. I hope you enjoy your time here.
If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain

I take that to mean that at 25 you should be searching for answers to the world's problems. Being fond of the status quo and a conservative, at 35 you will still believe in those answers.

The traditional political divide no longer exists. Seeing a problem with trumplandia is a sign of mental health, IMO.

I fear you may be disappointed. DP USED to be a place with limited trolling and good faith arguments, but such things have been rapidly declining here...just like your other forum.

That's entirely a matter of perspective, not objective fact.

Welcome, new guy.

Hello all 👋

welcome aboard, CD8ED
you will find what you are looking for, and more
and also less

the moderation is quite even in this joint. that said, there are a few special rules for some subforums. so, read the rules and you should be fine

Hello all 👋

Welcome. More open here, but still has the typical trolling types.
But a whole lot more activity.

I made two statements in that highlighted passage. Which one are you referring to?

In any case, you are correct. BOTH of those statements are my opinion.

Does that bother you?

I made two statements in that highlighted passage. Which one are you referring to?

In any case, you are correct. BOTH of those statements are my opinion.

Does that bother you?
You're entitled to it. Other people's opinions don't bother me unless they're stated as facts, like "DP USED to be a place with limited trolling and good faith arguments" and "but such things have been rapidly declining here...just like your other forum."

"I blame the rabid Trump haters" was stated as an opinion and mistakenly highlighted.

Welcome.

Due to the election and the Trump virus, things are pretty extreme here right now, so you may need to be patient to ride it out if you are looking for good faith and less trolling.

But hi: I'm basically a Blue Dog Democrat, fiscally conservative, socially liberal, some strong positions on either side, and many in the middle.

You're entitled to it. Other people's opinions don't bother me unless they're stated as facts, like "DP USED to be a place with limited trolling and good faith arguments" and "but such things have been rapidly declining here...just like your other forum."

"I blame the rabid Trump haters" was stated as an opinion and mistakenly highlighted.
You should know that you are proving my point to the OP.

Just saying...

Hello all 👋

CD8ED:

Welcome aboard, sir! I hope you enjoy yourself here. There are many interesting posters here with a lot of smarts and wisdom to spark your interest. Don't let any negativity put you off. There is much to explore here and many diverging insights and points of view to challenge your intellect and imagination. Enjoy the forum and its many splendid posters. When you encounter negativity then deal with it with grace and decorum and look for better posters with whom to engage, there are many!

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

You will find all the members here treat each other with courtesy, CD8ED, and are without fixed or closed minds but open to persuasion by reasonable arguments in an atmosphere of friendship. American and Canadian members especially are an example to us European contributors in their welcome good manners.

Welcome @CD8ED to Debate Politics, good to have you join us!

Animated_Welcome_with_Water.gif

Hello all 👋

If you believe in your principles, they should remain unchanged regardless of the politicians. If you think you're moving left due to Trump, I could argue that Bernie and AOC are pulling you left. Stand your ground on principles, and it will serve you better.

Hello all 👋

Me too! I consider myself purple, fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I decide where I stand based on issues and individuals, and label myself as an Independent here on DP. Feel free to discuss your opinions, beliefs, issues, as you wish; you will find agreement and disagreement, but civil discourse is required. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Hello all 👋

Welcome aboard, think you picked well.
Good to see another Independent mind join the site.

Welcome to Debate Politics! Pull up a chair!

Mycroft, in post #2, with the insta-propaganda. Instaganda?

Back
Top Bottom