• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hello From Tennessee

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Hello everyone- Just found this site today and look forward to cordial debate on politics in our country.

-VySky

Hello everyone- Just found this site today and look forward to cordial debate on politics in our country.

-VySky

Cordial can be had, but you need to be dedicated to it ... and step around the rest.

-VySky

Hello, VySky. So long as you are willing to weather the blows and maintain your composure and dignity, and tackle the ball rather than the player, you will find cordial debate. Welcome to Debate Politics.

Welcome. Hope that you enjoy the forum.

Uh oh ... it just occurred to me that if you think that people insulting Trump makes the debate inherently noncordial, then that could be a problem.

Trump is not thought of kindly by the majority here.

Welcome. DP is among the best boards for political debate.

Welcome to DP!

Uh oh ... it just occurred to me that if you think that people insulting Trump makes the debate inherently noncordial, then that could be a problem.

Trump is not thought of kindly by the majority here.

Thank You. Of course...the majority here may just be the minority in 2020. Just saying

-VySky

-VySky

Hello and welcome. What county are you from?

Welcome VySky! Did you vote for Trump or one of the others? I have a feeling that it wouldn't matter to the majority. They're all the same -- Repugnant.

-VySky

cordial will be rare
civil less so
but there will be debate
welcome aboard ... and be aware that there are some forums that have unique rules

-VySky

No county then huh?

Montgomery... Stewart County is up at the stop sign

How about you?

-VySky

I know Clarksville well. My people are in Warren county.

I know Clarksville well. My people are in Warren county.

Cool- I'm SW of Clarksville out Dover way. Rural country area down towards the Cumberland

-VySky

Cool- I'm SW of Clarksville out Dover way. Rural country area down towards the Cumberland

-VySky

Nice country. MY people moved into rural Warren county for NC in 1824; we've been there ever sense. Ever been to Center Hill Lake? We used to ski there - a lot!

Nice country. MY people moved into rural Warren county for NC in 1824; we've been there ever sense. Ever been to Center Hill Lake? We used to ski there - a lot!

My kin came out of North Carolina as well and set down roots as part of a land grant for NC troops from the Revolutionary War in what is now Cheatham County. My great, great grandfather served in the Tennessee 49th Infantry Regiment, CO K. He fought at Fort Donelson, captured and sent to prison camps in Cairo Ill area. Ultimately transferred and pardoned at Vicksburg in a prisoner exchange. He walked back to TN and built a home north of Ashland City in 1867. My mom still lives there to this day

BTW, I'm a walking text book on the battle of Fort Donelson should anyone be interested. Grant was on the ropes, and went from rags to riches and ultimately the Presidency.

Small world

-VySky

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom