• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hello from Mississippi

gigabitdrew

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Hi, this is my first post.

I am attempting to get more involved with political news and government... so as a way to get involved, and because I'm an IT guy, I created a user based linked blog with a political voting system. Yeah, it is kind of cheesy, but I think it has the possibility to offer a good view of how people around the country feel about topics from a political point of view.

No, I am not spamming... i am actually hoping to find some good content here so that I can post it on my Linked blog... if i'm lucky, someone here may like it enough to provide me with some feedback.

My site is called Rucker's Row... ruckersrow.com.

A Rucker being one involved in a Ruckus... political Ruckus from my point.... and Row as in a collection.... Rucker's Row being a collection of people who involve themselves in a political ruckus.

Anyway, if you want to post links and then vote on them (you are either a Democrat or Republican) from your stand point... and see the results. The results are filtered into 5 pages... The democrat, the republican, kumbaya, ruckus, and live feed. The democrat are the most popular posts with democrat votes... the republican the same for republican votes... kumbaya are votes where people agree, and ruckus is one where we disagree. I think you have to see it to understand... I may need to tweak it some more... but if you are interested, then pop over... I think it would be a great tool to add to conversation here.

Anyway... i'm making an effort to get more involved...

-Andrew

p.s. I created Rucker's Row because my old man is a conservative Republican, and the rest of my family are liberal in their beliefs... anywhere from being a democrat to someplace in between. I think i'm independent. :)

Hi, this is my first post.

I am attempting to get more involved with political news and government... so as a way to get involved, and because I'm an IT guy, I created a user based linked blog with a political voting system. Yeah, it is kind of cheesy, but I think it has the possibility to offer a good view of how people around the country feel about topics from a political point of view.

No, I am not spamming... i am actually hoping to find some good content here so that I can post it on my Linked blog... if i'm lucky, someone here may like it enough to provide me with some feedback.

My site is called Rucker's Row... ruckersrow.com.

A Rucker being one involved in a Ruckus... political Ruckus from my point.... and Row as in a collection.... Rucker's Row being a collection of people who involve themselves in a political ruckus.

Anyway, if you want to post links and then vote on them (you are either a Democrat or Republican) from your stand point... and see the results. The results are filtered into 5 pages... The democrat, the republican, kumbaya, ruckus, and live feed. The democrat are the most popular posts with democrat votes... the republican the same for republican votes... kumbaya are votes where people agree, and ruckus is one where we disagree. I think you have to see it to understand... I may need to tweak it some more... but if you are interested, then pop over... I think it would be a great tool to add to conversation here.

Anyway... i'm making an effort to get more involved...

-Andrew

p.s. I created Rucker's Row because my old man is a conservative Republican, and the rest of my family are liberal in their beliefs... anywhere from being a democrat to someplace in between. I think i'm independent. :)

Welcome, but what is the need you feel to use the traffic of this site to drive hits on yours?

Mississippi, the drive around it state.

Welcome! Feel free to put this in your signature, but do not advertise directly.

Thanks.

welcome
abandoned the attempt to register

Thank you... I will abandon the direct request... and yes, I was looking for feedback from politically minded people.

I am more interested with getting involved than I am with harassing folks... thanks for the replies...

Thank you... I will abandon the direct request... and yes, I was looking for feedback from politically minded people.

I am more interested with getting involved than I am with harassing folks... thanks for the replies...
Seriously, put a link in your signature.

• There is no mission statement. What is your goal and what is it you want me to do as a user/guest? Are you attempting to prove bias in the stories?
  • Scroll is too fast in Chrome - unable to read it.
  • Consider letting 'guests' vote perhaps with less weight. This is a voting system, right?
  • News site will not get much forum activity - don't expect that to take off. Is your webpage a forum or news? Maybe call the forum 'help' or 'support'.
  • Needs fresh content. All the stories are old. [Consider the live feed your homepage - didn't see that at first]
  • There is no privacy statement, contact us, or about us link. Can I trust you with my info?
  • Endless scrolling or much smaller images. Needs more content on the page. News readers are content sponges and will decide within seconds if the content is interesting or if they will return.

Hope this helps.

Seriously, put a link in your signature.

• There is no mission statement. What is your goal and what is it you want me to do as a user/guest? Are you attempting to prove bias in the stories?
  • Scroll is too fast in Chrome - unable to read it.
  • Consider letting 'guests' vote perhaps with less weight. This is a voting system, right?
  • News site will not get much forum activity - don't expect that to take off. Is your webpage a forum or news? Maybe call the forum 'help' or 'support'.
  • Needs fresh content. All the stories are old. [Consider the live feed your homepage - didn't see that at first]
  • There is no privacy statement, contact us, or about us link. Can I trust you with my info?
  • Endless scrolling or much smaller images. Needs more content on the page. News readers are content sponges and will decide within seconds if the content is interesting or if they will return.

Hope this helps.

That is EXACTLY the kind of feedback i'm looking for... thank you. And I do plan on putting a link in my signature. :)

Thank you!

Welcome.

I have 2 questions:

1. Do you think this will be the year that Mississippi State is going to walk the talk in the SEC?

2. Did Archie kick Johnny Manziel out of camp for dogging it and partying or was it a mutual agreement?

Welcome.

I have 2 questions:

1. Do you think this will be the year that Mississippi State is going to walk the talk in the SEC?

2. Did Archie kick Johnny Manziel out of camp for dogging it and partying or was it a mutual agreement?

1. Are we talking Football? I mean they did go to the final game of the college world series in baseball this year... and Yes! Both Mississippi State and Old Miss will both have winning seasons this year... hard to believe isn't it.

2. I really don't know.

1. Are we talking Football? I mean they did go to the final game of the college world series in baseball this year... and Yes! Both Mississippi State and Old Miss will both have winning seasons this year... hard to believe isn't it.

2. I really don't know.

Sorry, yes, I was referring to football. I've long been a fan of both schools. I always love being in Mississippi.

I almost enrolled in Ole Miss to go to the highly regarded Journalism School, but stuck with the J-School at Georgia.

Back
Top Bottom